_JEEP_ 21-Nov-14
arrowknocker82 25-Nov-14
Peepin Tom 25-Nov-14
archer756 25-Nov-14
Somersbow 01-Dec-14
archer756 01-Dec-14
21-Nov-14
Hunter shoots at dead deer, hits second hunter

A Dutchess County man hunting in Stormville injured a second hunter today after firing at a dead deer being hauled out of a wooded area, according to East Fishkill police.

The second hunter, also from Dutchess, had killed a deer and was using a cart to remove it from property off Meads Lane, on Stormville Mountain, owned by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection, said Kevin Keefe, chief of the East Fishkill Police Department. The first hunter saw the deer moving, thought it was alive, fired and struck the first hunter in the hand and buttocks. The injured hunter was taken to Danbury Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The incident occurred at about 10:25 a.m. One hunter was from Wappingers Falls, the other was from Beacon. No further information was available.

Keefe said East Fishkill police assisted the state Department of Environmental Conservation police, who have jurisdiction over the incident because the state regulates hunting. The regular deer and bear southern zone hunting seasons opened at sunrise today and run through Sunday, Dec. 7.

21-Nov-14
I see deer with wheels all the time.lol

21-Nov-14
buck or doe?.....LOL

21-Nov-14
sad, very sad...

21-Nov-14
he should be charged !!!!

21-Nov-14
Thats why I keep an large orange rag with me.

25-Nov-14
Orange will save your a$$ literally..

25-Nov-14
Can we send this knucklehead to Ferguson??

I had the wife slice and hem a slot in my orange beenie so I can feed my back pack strap through it so it hangs off me while I'm walking to the stand. Once in the stand I go full camo but the walks in and out I always have some orange visible.

25-Nov-14
I really fell sorry for the hunter education instructor that gave him his right to hunt.

01-Dec-14
756, Why would one feel sorry for the instructor? this makes zero sense to me.

I am a NYS instructor as I know you are. Just because I sign off on a completion certificate after a passing grade on a test at the end of a 10 hour course does not mean I am in any way responsible for how that hunter conducts him/herself after the class.

Should we blame DMV testers for auto accidents or DWIs too? Get real.

The hunter is responsible for his/her own actions, no one else. This guy made a poor choice.

01-Dec-14
somersbow, its that as an instructor I would fell a little beside my self that one of my students just really screwed up. As you stated it was the hunter that was not responsible!

• Sitka Gear