JayD 23-Nov-14
CGBowhunter 23-Nov-14
JayD 23-Nov-14
WVM&M 24-Nov-14
CGBowhunter 24-Nov-14
22-Nov-14

CGBowhunter's embedded Photo
CGBowhunter's embedded Photo
After not having a shot at a decent sized Doe and passing on several spikes, 4's and an basket 8 all season. Got my first deer down for 2014. Now I have a stupid question. Since I took a antlered deer with my bow. If I go out next week, can I take another antlered buck if I check it in under my X gun tag using my bow?

22-Nov-14
Yes you can.

22-Nov-14
Congratulations! That's a really nice WV buck.

22-Nov-14
Nice buck!!! Was that jefferson county or sleepy creek? I am assuming jefferson county

22-Nov-14
Congrats!

22-Nov-14
It was Jefferson County. Spent a few days at sleepy creek around veterans day, but only saw some spikes that we passed on. We found a great area the last day. So we will try there again next year.

22-Nov-14
What's an altered deer?

23-Nov-14
Nice job. Nice buck. Congratulations.

23-Nov-14
One that had 2 browtines in October, but only 1 in November. I edited post, just cause I know it would bother you.

23-Nov-14
Glad you cleared that up - I first thought it was a doe that was a cross-dresser with fake antlers! You know we must accept these things now! LOL

enough with the silliness - again congrats!!! No matter if Sleepy Creek or Jefferson it is a nice deer!

I have not hunted Sleepy Creek for a few years now but man if you put the time in to hike and scout a bit there are some really good places.

23-Nov-14
Thanks. We have hunted up there the past almost 15 years. Normally out to pee wee point, or across the back ridge. This was our first year down by the dam. Took 3 and a half days of scouting around to find a good area. But was worth it. It's why we call it Hunting.

23-Nov-14
Around the Dam - I have hunted in that area quite a bit - good reason why it is called Bucks Bottom! LOL

24-Nov-14
Congrats! Is that one of the bucks you posted early trail camera pics?

24-Nov-14
Yes it is. Had been hunting every Saturday since season opened and had not seen him or the other one even once. Then he showed up this past Saturday running all over the farm grunting, chasing nothing. I just got lucky I chose the right stand that morning, as he past by at 15 yards.

• Sitka Gear