BuckSlayer 24-Nov-14
APauls 27-Nov-14
tgratz 27-Nov-14
tgratz 27-Nov-14
Manitoba Bohuntr 28-Nov-14
M.Pauls 29-Nov-14
TOP PIN 29-Nov-14
23-Nov-14
Just bought a house with 40 acres of solid oak and poplar tree's. I was planning on open up an acre or two in the center of the property to grow a food plot for the deer. Just wondering if anybody has any ideas. I've been told by a few people to plant fruit tree's,not sure what sort of tilling I'll be able to do because I have to clear the area of trees so there will be lots of roots in the ground. Any tips and ideas will help,,,,

24-Nov-14
Careful how you go about this. Food plots are illegal in Manitoba. So unless you're a farmer planting crops or "gardening" you can't actually grow food as an attractant for deer. Unless you're Métis or Status, then go nuts!

27-Nov-14
Was going to say the same thing. Illegal, but deer love soybeans!!! No idea about farming myself. But then again if you're status just go ahead and make yourself a monster bait.

27-Nov-14
Fortunately I have rights for food plots

27-Nov-14
Fortunately I have rights for food plots

28-Nov-14
Wouldn't it be nice if there was equality in this world and we were all treated the same and had the same rights? I'm really enjoying being more discriminated against each year!

That said, I've heard rumblings of food plots being legalized here in Mb.

29-Nov-14
And if one wasn't a 'rights based' hunter the way someone could do it is by setting up a crop share or something of the sort with a farmer. Have him put in the crop at his expense, only problem being he will also harvest it. Alfalfa however, creates year round feed, provided there isn't too much snow. You'll probably need a 10a minimum though. No laws against farming, even if it's all planned around hunting it, as long as it is being farmed/harvested.

29-Nov-14
Amen Ryan ...

• Sitka Gear