Bow used during Gun Season??
Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
sometime 23-Nov-14
Jeff in MN 24-Nov-14
Crusader dad 24-Nov-14
Geitz 24-Nov-14
23-Nov-14
My nephew was successful in tagging a 3.5 yr old buck on Saturday afternoon - gun deer opener. Just wondering if others were out with bow in hand. Had to congratulate him on sticking with the bow. he got it up north and the DNR check station said it was 3.5 and must have had a bad winter like most of the deer last year. Light rack and only about 140 lbs field dressed. very thin layer of fat on the loins and rump so the buck was likely heading into another tough winter.

24-Nov-14
Hey,good job by your nephew. I know a neighbor of mine is bow hunting but somewhere around mid state at his parents property.

24-Nov-14
Congrats to your nephew! I will be using my bow when we head up tomorow. I've worked all weekend, will work today, have to plow all night tonight and as soon as I'm done plowing we are heading up there. That is an accomplishment to get a deer with a bow any time and especially when they are running around trying to dodge all those bullets. Again, congrats to your nephew, I hope I have the same luck.

24-Nov-14
I'm bow hunting the rest of the year. Southern farmland zone so it's gun season(just about) from here til end of year.

• Sitka Gear