Grundle 24-Nov-14
steve 24-Nov-14
Wild Bill 24-Nov-14
Zack 24-Nov-14
24-Nov-14
Has anyone tried them?

Pros and cons?

24-Nov-14
I used them for years and they do work, however, Arctic Shields are what I use now. The Shields are more compact and are the first thing I put on, once I reach the elevation I hunt from. When I used the Boot Blankets, I tied a cord to the loop on the back and would then wrap it around the ankle to hold the blanket more securely to my foot.

24-Nov-14
WB, is there a big difference between the blankets and AS?

24-Nov-14
they both work pretty well, but the arctic shield ones are thinner and easier to tore in a pack pack. the original boot blankets are like carrying around 2 pillows. i have used both, and now use the arctic shields. i wear uninsulated boots because i have along walk to my stands. when i get there, i put a foot warmer in my boots, and then put the arctic shields over them. on a REALLY cold morning....like saturday.... i also put hand warmers inside the arctic shields. they work awesome. the more comfortable you are, the longer you will stay in the woods.

24-Nov-14
I put 1 thinner pair of socks then toe Warner's then a pair of wool socks then a pretty good set of boots 1200 grams thinsalate my feet never get cold

24-Nov-14
Not much difference in heat retention. I always thought the blankets were slightly warmer, but the ability to shuffle into position on the stand in the Shields won me over. When shooting I tend/try to hook one of my feet under the side supports of the platform if possible.I used the cord I mentioned to tie them to my pack, and they were the first thing I donned up there. If it was all I had, I would gladly use them again. I do take them ice fishing.

Shooting a 62"recurve, and close shots, means I have to be extra quiet/nimble/agile.

24-Nov-14
My wife made me a pair of boot blankets out of my old tree lounge nest...They work great! Hunting on last Wednesday it was 16 deg. and my feet where warm.

• Sitka Gear