Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
Meat Hunter 24-Nov-14
Primo 24-Nov-14
Gregg Karal 24-Nov-14
Garbanzo 24-Nov-14
Zack 24-Nov-14
24-Nov-14
Just wanted to relay a positive experience I had at Connecticut Archery. I'm by no means an expert but really appreciate the excellent service I received from Ed Kane and Mike Scaniffe in Wallingford yesterday. Without calling in advance I was immediately able to get five arrows cut, my bow tuned, given a short shooting lesson and have a Square Up Pro installed. With regards to the later, I'm sure many of you know Mike Scaniffe (CT Archery owner) invented this torque prevention product. While skeptical at first I'm now a firm believer after comparing my groups before and after installation. After picking up my European mount from Zack in the morning, my trip to Connecticut Archery rounded out the best non-hunting day I've had this season.

24-Nov-14
I too have been very happy with the service from Mike and the group at Connecticut Archery. I went there to get a D loop tied on and ended up chatting and shooting until well after close with Mike. As a matter of fact my Mathews is in their hands right now after a "falling from tree" mishap. After shooting my first deer of the year!! Hoping it is not serious and is fixable. Also shooting tighter groups with the Square Up installed.

24-Nov-14
I drew on the deer I killed last week, it was cold out and I was wearing several layers, limiting my movement. My aim was spotty because of all the layers. If it wasnt for me concentrating on the Square Up, I might have missed the shot. And the service at the shot is second to none.

24-Nov-14
Yes, I agree. Mike is a great guy and give excellent customer service. The square-up is well worth the $$$. The first time I drew on a deer this fall I could see right away I was not in alignment.

24-Nov-14
I agree, Mike knows his stuff and gives great service. He set me up with a square-up last year. I found out I rarely torque my bow while practicing, but I found I was torquing my bow pretty bad when shooting at deer especially while leaning out around the tree. I believe it has really saved me in a couple of instances, I was able to see I was torquing and instantly corrected my grip before making the shots.

• Sitka Gear