bill v 27-Nov-14
BOWJO 27-Nov-14
bill v 27-Nov-14
horsethief51 27-Nov-14
Treerat 27-Nov-14
Rut Nut 03-Dec-14
27-Nov-14
Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals!

Been sitting in stand for a half hour now waiting for light. Decided to hunt Jersey with bsked today instead of bothering a home owner on a holiday over in Pa

I'll try to keep you guys occupied so your not watching some parade

Billv

27-Nov-14
6:17. It's starting to lighten up a little I'm sitting in a hedgerow on a 50 acre field. It's wide open here I can see a mile in some directions. Stand is facing NW. The hedgerow I'm in is running e-w. There's a road that runs n to s. 150 yds in front of me. The deer I'm hoping for will cross the road from behind the houses and head south to bed hopefully coming past me. I have about 40 hours in over here this year with no close calls. I've seen about 150 deer from stand here. Which includes a piebald and 1 ok buck

It's getting light. Got to go

27-Nov-14
7:19 things happen fast here. 4 deer ended up in the triple driveways across the street. They made they're way to the south and crossed strait down the hedgerow from me. Whitesides was in the group that was my target. Unfortunitly the piebald and mom made a right turn into the thicket the two others came to me One came to 20 yds broadside the other was at 40. They both turn they're heads towards the road (not smart) easy draw, easy shot. A gift. Went 30 yds. Blood everywhere. With the 1 1/2" of snow

27-Nov-14
7:42. Deer is registered. Ready for another. It's kinda slow. No other sightings. Lots of guns going off. Either deer. Or. Geese. I guess!

Anyone up yet?

Bill v

27-Nov-14
8:02 update. Just had a doe and 3 yearnings cross the road 400 yards above me. Last year. Most would come right to me in about 45 seconds. Yes they're spooky as check here in these fields

They angled across the field. Towards bsked as they were heading to him they stopped and made a left turn to the east. No shot

27-Nov-14
Congrats Bill..

27-Nov-14
8:36. Update. Spotted one deer across street behind a house. Not moving. We"'ll be done soon

Bill v

27-Nov-14
Good morning RC. Happy Thanksgiving to ya

9:14 it's snowing like crazy now

Gonna start gearing down. It quiet

Bill v

27-Nov-14
Good morning, Bill. Congrats on your Thanksgiving "gift". I too was out this morning. I decided to do something a little different this morn, a little traditional. I took the stick bow for a little still hunt in the fresh snow in an area that I know holds a good population of does. I cut quit a few tracks, but did not spot any deer moving. I find that on days like this, the deer will be up for a mid morning feed. Unfortunately, I will be helping with kitchen duty at that time :(

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

27-Nov-14
Down and home

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Bill v

27-Nov-14
Made it to Pottstown before noon. Saw plenty of deer in open fields until about 8 AM. Struck out in west virginia last week.

27-Nov-14
Congrats Bill, did not hunt Ohio just scouted was limited to be out only from 10-2 great day to be out though, light snow 29 degrees, came home did a little Wabbit hunting, got one missed one, greT day.

Mike

03-Dec-14
Nice Bill! Wish I lived closer to 5C! ;-)

• Sitka Gear