Rut Nut 04-Dec-14
George D. Stout 05-Dec-14
TurkeyAssassin 05-Dec-14
George D. Stout 08-Dec-14
roger 08-Dec-14
George D. Stout 09-Dec-14
Rut Nut 09-Dec-14
27-Nov-14
Made a last minute decision to go home to Bedford County for the rifle opener. Pretty much lost my hunting spots after I left the area to join the USAF a long time ago. My Son won't be here in Pike to hunt due to college so that frees me up for a road trip back home. Any info on 48 or any SGL in the area would be appreciated. Thanks

27-Nov-14
I hunted SGL 48 this year with George Stout and he is *THE* authority on this 10,000 acre tract. There are plenty of deer and other game roaming about there. He'll see this eventually and will definitely guide you in the right direction. It's an awesome place to hunt.........and picturesque too. :)

27-Nov-14
Thanks Roger.

28-Nov-14
Is there any truth in that, that area is under a CWD alert and the deer can't be removed from that area to another if harvested, without being tested first? There is some info on PGC about the alert. I'm confused.

28-Nov-14
The deer has to be processed within the area prior to removal out of the affected area. From what I've read any deer that exhibits signs of CWD should be reported to the PGC.

29-Nov-14
Jeff, PM me if you want to find a good place to go. I could meet you Sunday around Manns Choice and take you over there. Go to www.pgc.state.pa.us/ and you will see what is required in the DMA2 areas here. I'm also in the Bedford County phone book if you want to call. No guarantees but I will put you in an area that has plenty of sign.

29-Nov-14
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1253813&mode=2#MovementOfHighRiskParts

29-Nov-14
Thanks for the offer George...just got into town. A friend of my wifes family offered me a stand for Monday. I will look you up sometime when I get back in the area if nothing more than to bs and to meet you. Thanks again and good luck!

29-Nov-14
Jeff, good luck Monday morning. It's a great area down there, about as pretty as mountain hunting gets. You'd do well to hook up with George sometime, he knows his stuff.

03-Dec-14
I'll second that, Roger.

03-Dec-14
So how'd it go Jeff?

03-Dec-14
Just got home...could not shoot doe since I didn't have a CWD special tag even though I had the correct WMU tag. Not til Saturday. My fault for not checking..duh. But I did get to visit family and an old HS Buddy. You??

04-Dec-14
Dang! :( Well, any time spent with family/friends is a blessing!

Haven't made it out with the rifle yet. Used my days for Archery and got the big SKUNK! ;-) First year in memory I did not even get a shot in the early season. Just one of those crazy seasons.

Hope to get out this Sat. afternoon or the last day.

05-Dec-14
Those tags have been advertised on the PGC website for quite awhile now. I also understand that they didn't sell them all. It's listed on their opening page in the banner as DMA2.

05-Dec-14
Yep...thought I could use my 4A. My fault.

08-Dec-14
Just FYI, my neighbor took a 160 class buck in bow season back on Wills Mountain. Took it with a crossbow on public land.

08-Dec-14
That can't be, George......there are no big bucks on public land. ;^)

09-Dec-14
Yeah, he probably drove out to Iowa for the day and shot it there. )

09-Dec-14
LOL! or maybe escaped from one of them high fence operations! ;-)

• Sitka Gear