passthruoutdoors 23-Dec-14
InRut-KB-Bowhunter 23-Dec-14
notme 23-Dec-14
BowhunterVA33 24-Dec-14
notme 24-Dec-14
Heartshot 24-Dec-14
Dr. Deer 24-Dec-14
03-Dec-14
What happened to the live hunts guys?? Is everyone Christmas shopping? I'm in Towson, MD this week again for business and I'm missing the pictures and stories.

Is anyone out there??

03-Dec-14
Not till sat for me bud had to completely change spots due to gun hunters on the private land shooting into the stateland but I'll be out sat

03-Dec-14
It is noticeably quieter in the woods, the rut is history so its going to be tough getting a late season deer (not impossible though!) I'll be out this weekend and post a live hunt on Sat.

03-Dec-14
I was out yesterday for 4 hours and saw nothing, the weather was most likely a factor. Good luck to all. STM.

03-Dec-14
I've been firearms and crossbow hunting the past month, didn't feel posting Mobile Live Hunt was appropriate.

03-Dec-14
saw 2 big bucks sat with does so the rut isn't over yet

03-Dec-14
Awwwww you miss us..lol,.im gonna try for friday

03-Dec-14
Notme. Wait that's not me. I AM NOT. There!

Who in their right mind would choose that name?

03-Dec-14
Notme !

03-Dec-14
Did 3 hour sit yesterday saw a lot of fresh tracks but 0 deer camra pics are showing 3 am movement

03-Dec-14
I was out a few times and didn't do a live hunt. While I was in the area BBB showed me. twice I had does that walked in bow range. but I didn't want to shoot them. I might be leaving my bow at home from now on. I'm not sure I realy want to shoot a deer. I enjoyed watching them to much. Plus I'm learning that I don't realy like the taste of deer meat. thinking differntly about a lot of things lately. - Duncan

03-Dec-14
ask v notme..wait , notme..im confussed now..

03-Dec-14
I'm out of vacay time untill 12/24.

I'll be out on Saturdays though...

03-Dec-14
I am still out almost everyday...rut is still happening, just a bit more sporadic now...I never do live hunts but am still hunting

03-Dec-14
i only get out saturdays. saw 2doe and a fawn. no shot.

03-Dec-14
I hit it hard last month, I'll be out, I usually start slowing down in December.

08-Dec-14
Saw a buck and a doe this evening but couldn't get a clean shot on either of them, i will try again Wednesday morning.

09-Dec-14
Was out last night got there late due to traffic small buck was already there got in stand had another small buck come out Crow kept telling me to shot but I didn't .Steve

09-Dec-14
Went out yesterday afternoon. Sat till sunset. Saw nothing. Was loading up and landowner came out. We went inside to talk a bit. Went to my car about an hour later. It was dark by then. At end of driveway four deer hanging out. Guess they were waiting until I left to go thru property.

09-Dec-14
You have to take the bad genes out of the pool Steve. Shoot those small defective ones. They taste better now than in 2-3 years.

09-Dec-14
BBB, nope.. no one is hunting. There are no deer around at all. You might as well stay home where it is warm and the beer is cold :p

09-Dec-14
I'm out of vacay time until Dec 24, so Saturdays only for me.Plus weather has been crappy as well.

I've only sat with the gun once, and with my nephew (jr hunter) twice.

One of my properties is still seeing a lot of deer traffic, the other (where I can bring my nephew) has been very sporadic, almost dead.

Hoping he can get one with muzzle loader. He's getting the bow for Xmas, so he'll be out a lot more next year.

Good luck to all of you still getting out - unbred does should be coming back into estrous soon...

09-Dec-14
did some spot n spook from 10-3.jumped a doe..nada after that..real crunchy from saturdays rain even in the pines..i did find a bunch of fairly fresh scrapes and tracks..figured for sure they would be moving before all this cold rain..cursed full moon crap!

09-Dec-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
I'm out for the season. Only hunted 4-5 times and less than 12 total hours.

09-Dec-14
bud it aint over..a little spray paint to camo you up ,a can of sterno to warm them tootsies , steve could roll you out on a deer cart..

09-Dec-14
I asked Steve and Dave to take me with them on their deer cart but they insisted they had to fielddress me first.

09-Dec-14
CtCrow

sorry to hear that. Enjoy the live huntes, if we ever get around to doing them again. I'm not sure when I can out again myself, too much going on at work and home.

Good luck healing!!

09-Dec-14
Crow tell them about the bear and your wife had me laughing on stand last night .But it was bad .

09-Dec-14
Nope!

There is a chance she can read it and then she won't go hunting with me. The kids are faster than me so I can't use them.

09-Dec-14
CTCrow...sorry to hear/see that. You are a helpful and positive contributor to this site and we look forward to a full recovery before the boys field dress you. You will be out shed hunting and scouting soon.

09-Dec-14
I will out wed afternoon with the smoke pole , 5 days of vac to use up plus Saturday's

09-Dec-14
Only on Saturdays for me and I saw a buck chasing a doe last saturday.....I stick with it, they may still be checking for does who didn't come into heat during the first rut.....Hey BBB, getting my request in early, looking to be a student of yours next year. lol

09-Dec-14
Sorry to hear Crow, hope you get healed up quick!

I've been out gun hunting (oh no) since mid November. Saw plenty of deer but not the ones I wanted to see. Finally flipped the safety off this morning on a small buck that passed by for the third time within an hour at ten yards taunting me. Let him walk again, there is still time, muzzleloader, and some massive bucks have been moving a lot lately. I've seen more rut action the last two weeks than I have all season. Seen hard chasing, fighting, and lots of bucks on their feet searching hard at all times of the day. Like the rut is finally happening up here in the extreme NW corner.

09-Dec-14

grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
My brother saw this guy last week, took pictures instead of shooting. Not the one he was after.

09-Dec-14
Thanks guys. Trying to nip it before it gets worse. I might be better by mid january and get off a few days. Got an appointment with the podiatrist tomorrow to see how the foot is doing.

HOLI...!!! if that is not the one he is after, I wanna see the one he wants.

09-Dec-14

I hope to bump into him at some point over the next few weeks.

09-Dec-14
Ur brother is insane! That deer would never get the pass from me... Ever! Lol

09-Dec-14
I'll be out Thursday Friday and Saturday. Should be a good few days after this front pushes out. My favorite time of the year late season I see more and bigger bucks usually trying to fill there stomachs. Have to hunt close to a food source and catch them on the way in/out. Shot some of my biggest racks last week of December.

09-Dec-14
Grizzly

I would be happy to take a buck like that :) That's a beaut!!

09-Dec-14
somehow i dont think he'll make it to 16 yrs bbb.. :-)))

09-Dec-14
notme

now wait minute, I shoot deer like that. It just took me 16 years to get one in bow range.

I have to say though, over those 16 years there were only 4 deer that I've seen while on stand that I would have shot had they gave me a chance, all on state land, and the last one finally came into range. Never know, I might get another one this year.

Don't you remember what I said at the start of the season? I told you this was my year, it's no over yet!!

10-Dec-14
I am going to try this afternoon, hopefully the possible snow shower will get them moving. Good luck all. STM.

10-Dec-14
I am going to try this afternoon, hopefully the possible snow shower will get them moving. Good luck all. STM.

10-Dec-14
Bbb', your confusing me bud, 12/3 it was a sad and somber day, 12/9, I would be happy to take a buck like that...I just had to :-)

10-Dec-14
I'd be happy to take that buck anywhere

10-Dec-14
Heck, I’d swerve is it was on the side of the Merritt.

10-Dec-14

He had specifically targeted one of these three skips for the meat only and would accept nothing else. He had two encounters with them and was able to take the safety off once but didn't have a clear shot. I have a lot of respect for him sticking to his goal, he passed up a lot of decent deer and went home empty handed. Proof positive that contrary to popular belief there are still some hunters out there that could not give a rats azz about antlers.

10-Dec-14
Sounds like my dad's strategy. He would rather kill a nice 60 pounder then a giant buck! Easy to drag and tasty as hell! We hunt private land together and I just ask him to spare the small bucks.

10-Dec-14
Grizz, I call BS no way that deer was passed if he had a shot, not buying it for a minute.

10-Dec-14
AndyW

ah, you caught that!! I'm ALWAYS happy to take a big, mature buck,............but I still don't find joy in ending the deer's life.

10-Dec-14

Those pics were clipped from one of three videos he shot while 12 feet up in a homemade treestand with his 7mm-08 across his lap. Never got busted either. That buck was at ten yards for five minutes. I would have shot at this point right about here.

10-Dec-14
Grizz, awesome pics!!!! The first one is a different buck right?

15-Dec-14
Nice to hear not everyone is consumed with antlers.

When I was a kid, my dad told me many times only to shoot does and no bucks bigger than a forkie because we wanted some good meat. I passed on a few big ones as a result. Two I recall very vividly, one of which is still one of the biggest deer I have ever seen.

I remember telling him about it and him asking why I didn't shoot it. "Cuz you told me not to!" I think he was stunned I actually listened to him.

15-Dec-14
Toonces

come on, you don't expect us to believe that you did what you were told, do you? ;)

You strike me as a pure catalyst, someone who likes the buck the system and stir the pot. What changed?

By the way - the old buck I shot this year is delicious and very tender, quite a surprise to me.

16-Dec-14
I am still hunting and I have not laid eyes on a deer in weeks....

16-Dec-14
I'm going to try a different section of state land after the gun season closes. Just going to still hunt, look for where the deer went to hide from the gunners and look for some sheds. More of a hike than a hunt.

16-Dec-14

16-Dec-14
Going out on Saturday to another area in Seymour across the street from where I bowhunt. Gonna give the ole smokepole a try in the morning, then I may switch over to the bow for the afternoon. Met an old guy last Saturday and he was a treasure trove of information. Said he walked his dog in that part of the woods every day and he showed me where the deer bed down and I found an area about a quarter mile away where they're digging up the acorns, so I'm gonna try to get between them and that food source early Saturday morning.

Still hunted on Saturday and that was pretty fun, learning to take small steps and go very slow. It requires quite a bit of patience, but I'm learning.

23-Dec-14
Anyone heading out for the last week of the year? I'll being doing some scouting for next year's spots and maybe pick up a shed or two. I sure need the exercise after eating like a pig at the parties, and more to come yet.

I've got one spot in mind that's in a big area, but there's a small section where the deer always seem to head for safety during the gun season. It's surrounded by thick laurel with a nice ridge on the backside to protect them.

23-Dec-14
Season isn't over here till Han 31 lots of time left still have to get Crow out there ! I do take him with me everytime I go !

23-Dec-14
I'll be out fri sat mon tues and wed to close the season hopefully with something instead of tag soup again this yr like last yr and yr before

23-Dec-14
I hunt by proxy thanks to Steve. I might be out one day in the next 2 weekends. I'm just affraid to freeze my toes and not feel it.

23-Dec-14
lots of time left where I hunt. E Lyme, Newtown Easton, Redding, Southport.

23-Dec-14
Got a Decent Buck Saturday 12-20, Still hunting till the END. Great Pictures of 5 New bucks in 2 new spots the last 2-3 days. So they are out there Go get'em boys

23-Dec-14
hs,kick the elf..kick him realy realy hard..they like that..its like rubbing a magic lamp..or rubbing one out,,rubbing something i cant remember...

Dont worry about the toes crow,you have another foot

24-Dec-14
Got out last Friday.. bumped em on the way in and never saw them again. Will go next Weds and try again. Got a few days planned for Jan.

24-Dec-14
i went out stalking yesterday after a b day deer.nothing...im going deeper in the woods,seems like they vanished for some reason...i did jig up some herring to live line for stripers,nothing there either..stinky bastards..lol

24-Dec-14
Nm elf flies back to the North Pole tonight and believe me imma help his Dunn ass along I'm gonna punt him to give him a head start the bastard

24-Dec-14

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Crow, All you need to do is camo paint some crutches and get in a double bull.

• Sitka Gear