catahoola kerr 06-Oct-17
Redheadtwo 06-Oct-17
OTC_Bowhunter 09-Oct-17
Lowcountry 09-Oct-17
OTC_Bowhunter 10-Oct-17
Lowcountry 13-Oct-17
Redheadtwo 25-Oct-17
03-Dec-14
Few guys looking to make the trip form southern Arizona to hunt Deer /Hogs on public land in South Carolina. Looks like a hunt camp trip, outfitters reviews are frightening, thus we plan on doing a self study, self guided hunt. Any recommendations ?

08-Dec-14
Start off looking at the S.C. DNR regulations to find public lands. That will help you come up with someplace to work. The deer season ends Jan 01 - Have any of you hunting S.C before?

15-Mar-15
You will drive by a lot of hogs between Arizona and South Carolina. Do yourself a favor and stop in South Texas.

06-Oct-17
the national forest in Sumter has hogs and Marion Burnside has managed to infect other areas around the state with them.There are a lot in the White Oak community just past Winnsboro.Marion put them there.

06-Oct-17
the national forest in Sumter has hogs and Marion Burnside has managed to infect other areas around the state with them.There are a lot in the White Oak community just past Winnsboro.Marion put them there.

06-Oct-17
Hogback Mountain in Greenville County is loaded with hogs and a lot of deer. Some steep terrain. The good part is there's not a lot of hunters. Too physical because they can't park almost at their condo plush treestand.

09-Oct-17
Readheadtwo, This sounds right up my alley, the steeper the better. It keeps the weak out. Was thinking the first week in December. Is Hogback Mountain private, not seeing it on the list of WMA's. Any help would be great. Feel free to PM me. thanks

09-Oct-17
Every County in SC has wild hogs. Sumter NF (Western/Central of state) and Francis Marion NF (Coastal between Charleston and Georgetown) are the two largest WMA's and both have lots of hogs. Sumter NF kind of has rolling hills, lots of pines but interspersed with lots of hardwood creek bottoms. Francis Marion is flat, with lots of swamps.

10-Oct-17
Lowcountry, Thanks for the info. Any suggestions farther up North. Thanks

13-Oct-17
No, sorry. The farthest north part of the state I have hunted regularly is the Abbeville/McCormick areas. If you like steep, rough country, take Readheadtwo's advice. There is some beautiful, remote, and rough country up there in northern Greenville, Oconee, and Pickens Counties. I don't know about hogs, but look into Jocassee Gorges. It's about as rugged and remote as you will find in SC. Also, I don't know about now, but years back there were a lot of hogs around Shining Rock Wilderness in N.C.

25-Oct-17
Hogback Mountain is off of Hwy. 11 in Northern Greenville County. There is a small archery only area in this WMA. The best way to see where H.M. is located is to get a free hunt zone map from the state DNR office. Another area that's remote is the land around Caesars Head Mountain. This is directly off of Hwy. 276 heading towards NC. Very remote area. A very good black bear hunting area also.

• Sitka Gear