InRut-KB-Bowhunter 06-Dec-14
BOBHUNT71 07-Dec-14
Ridgehunter 07-Dec-14
Gene 08-Dec-14
treesitter 08-Dec-14
05-Dec-14

Razor Shooter's embedded Photo
Today I took the day off and got to spend it doing one of favorite things...hunt with Dad.

The day started out with a small buck cruising by around 150 yards out heading away from both of us. Minutes later a spike came into view about 100 yards away and beds down. As I am viewing through my rangefinder I hear thwack and look over towards where my old man is posted and see a beamy rack bound off. This happened around 7am. The spike stayed bedded down.

I call my dad and he said he made a good shot and saw where the buck went down. A couple times the buck got up but couldnt go very far. We decided to give him a few hours. Around 9am a 4 pointer came over and nudged the spike out of bed. They hung around slowly feeding past me until around 11am when they finally walked off.

My dad can still see where his buck was down and said it hasn't moved in well over an hour. I climb down just before noon and walk a large circle to approach the buck from the opposite side. I get to within 20 yards and he jumps up and runs off. I make a mental note of where I saw him last, marked the blood trail and pulled back. Went back in around 2:30 and went to where we marked the blood trail and glassed the area. Followed the trail and found him expired right where I last saw him.

My dad shoots his best bucks when I am in the woods with him. He says I bring him good luck. But sometimes I think he just passes on mature bucks until I am there to help drag?? Either way is fine with me. My good luck charms were home today (7 months, 4 and 6 years old) and I look forward to sharing this great sport with them the same way my father has with me. Thanks Dad! Good times as always.

05-Dec-14

try this again.

05-Dec-14
Great job dad!!!

05-Dec-14
Congrats. Nice buck. Interesting rack.

05-Dec-14
Congrats on an awesome day!

05-Dec-14
cool story,nice deer congrats..i cant tell on my tiny phone,is that a giant forkie?

05-Dec-14
Cool buck congrats!!! Thanks for posting the story

05-Dec-14
Nice story, thanks for sharing

05-Dec-14
Great deer! Where did he hit him?

05-Dec-14
Tall 1 - hit one lung due due to the steep angle.

Notme- 4 on one side and 2 on the other.

05-Dec-14
Tall 1 - hit one lung due due to the steep angle.

Notme- 4 on one side and 2 on the other.

05-Dec-14
Great awareness is awaiting you Razor Shooter if you stay Sharp in your spiritual awakening. May GOD bless you and your family. Enjoy the fruits of your labor and cherish these rare moments in life. Thank you for sharing.

05-Dec-14
Well done nice Buck

05-Dec-14
Congrats dad !!

06-Dec-14
Good times. Nice looking buck. Congrats to pops. Just curious to know how close were you hunting from each other in order for you to hear the shot?

06-Dec-14
Razor and dad

I always say, these are the BEST stories posted! Sharing the hunting experience with your son, daughter, dad, mom, or other loved one goes beyond harvesting a great buck,....it's a lifetime memory.

Well done!!

06-Dec-14
Great day especially since you got to share it with Dad!!!

06-Dec-14
Congrats guys! Very unique rack!

06-Dec-14
Great buck! Congrats to both you and your father!! Just being there and sharing the moment is almost as good as harvesting the animal yourself.

06-Dec-14

Here is another photo showing the size.

Smoothie- we were probably a little over 100 yards from each other. He was down on the other side of a stone wall along a ridge.

06-Dec-14
phenomenal buck congrats . great story congrats to your dad

07-Dec-14
Congratulations, nice story and a good buck.

07-Dec-14
Awesome! Congrats, Great story

08-Dec-14

Gene's embedded Photo
Gene's embedded Photo
Great story and congrats to you both. My Dad is now 87 and hasn't hunted in years. I miss those days when we would hunt together. Whenever we talk on the phone he always asks me "What did we get?" and he always tells me that he still hunts thru me and my brother. Here is a photo of my Dad from many years ago taken in NH.

08-Dec-14
awesome deer on a awesome hunt with your dad!

• Sitka Gear