grizzlys61 06-Dec-14
gobbler 06-Dec-14
WBowhunt 06-Dec-14
Babysaph 06-Dec-14
Babysaph 06-Dec-14
gobbler 06-Dec-14
grizzlys61 06-Dec-14
06-Dec-14
On another thread someone mentioned we could kill 7-10 deer per year. I thought I read in the regs that we cud only kill 3 antlered deer and 3 antlerless deer per year. Did I read that Right

06-Dec-14
I did just read again that there is a 3 doe limit so that would make the total deer kill limit 6

06-Dec-14
I wasn't referring to this year specifically...the point was that during past years, when all the different tags and seasons starting becoming available, a hunter could kill up to 10 deer. I'm not sure what year it was, but my point was that allowing one person to kill so many deer, just to generate money, is just PART of the reason we are experiencing low deer numbers and an unbalanced herd.

06-Dec-14
In certain counties I should have said

06-Dec-14
Where does it say there is 3 doe limit,I can take 3 doe with bow and still buy class n tags and take 3 doe with firearms. plus 3 bucks, 2 with rifle one with muzzle loader, and buy extra tag with muzzle loader and take a doe that is 10 deer.

06-Dec-14
Yeah, the 3 for limit applies to the N tag, more does can be killed on the other tags.

Most areas need more does killed. There are a few counties where less may be better for a while. The days of 80-100 deer per square mile wasn't good for any one, including the deer and habitat .

06-Dec-14
It is dependant on what county your in. Example. Berkeley/Jefferos has 3 deer. Archery 2 bucks rifle 2 deer muzzleloader 3 antlerless

Only 3 of those can be antlered. Those are Maximum harvest numbers

06-Dec-14
I agree with you Jackson . Too many deer killed regardless

06-Dec-14
So in the most liberal counties how many deer can you kill?

06-Dec-14
I don't think we have many of them left. This last election most of them went conservative.

You could kill 3 does with bow, 3 with rifle, and 2 with muzzleloader . So 8 does I believe, but to do that you would have to forfeit a buck in archery or muzzy season to do that. At least that is how I understand it.

06-Dec-14
There 27 counties where you can take 10 deer if you where to buy all your tags and limit out, with bow, rifle and muzzleloader

• Sitka Gear