Deer Numbers this year?
Missouri
Contributors to this thread:
blugrass 08-Dec-14
Schmitty78 08-Dec-14
Show-Me Greg 09-Dec-14
elkmo 14-Dec-14
08-Dec-14
Any word yet on what the harvest numbers were during the rifle season? Wondering if the herd's seemingly smaller size the last 2 or so years is continuing or reversing. Thanks!

08-Dec-14
I read somewhere 91,000 were killed opening weekend. Havn't heard the total kill yet.

08-Dec-14
It's on MDC's website. It was up from lay year but I can't remember the exact total

09-Dec-14
This years firearms total, not counting antlerless is up 10,000 deer, so far.

Unfortunate in my opinion, as everybody I talk to saw less deer.

What do you think it will be by the time they add the antlerless and alternative kill numbers??? Plus the archery numbers????

09-Dec-14
we definitely saw less deer; however, opening weekend this year was much better weather-wise than last year. That might account for the higher harvest numbers?

14-Dec-14
Less for sure. Especially mature bucks, whats new. The weather for the rifle opener was PERFECT and they hammered them. The unfortunate thing is most of the rifle hunters do not have a pulse on whats going on with the deer herd and continue with the same mentality they always have. The only plus was MDC limited most counties to a single doe tag, but for some reason kept the antlerless season. Lucky me I hunt in the CWD zone so they allow 2 doe tags and got rid of the APR a few years ago. I spoke with some guys rifle hunting from Louisiana and they thought the 2 doe tags was due to higher deer numbers.......GREAT!

• Sitka Gear