gobbler 09-Dec-14
mudflap 09-Dec-14
shakyheadsabol 09-Dec-14
sundaynwv 09-Dec-14
WV Mountaineer 09-Dec-14
WBowhunt 09-Dec-14
gobbler 09-Dec-14
09-Dec-14
a pleading message to the folks that attempt to write the hunting regulations: I have sat by all season listening to people ask questions about how many deer you can kill, and where you can kill them. now i'm pretty sure we are all not a bunch of 'tards. so this leads me to only one solution. I would love to give a special KISS to the writers of the regs...Keep It Simple Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-Dec-14
Well you can only KISS in counties that werefounded in odd number years during a democrat controllled congress with an average elevation of under 2000 feet. In counties with an average elevation above 2000 feet you can only kill bucks that have great uncles born in grassy meadows and not hardwoods and only after buying an additional buck stamp for deer that can be checked in any order.

09-Dec-14
I don't know why they can't come out with KISS regulations or even a question and answer sheet. The sheet would just has the common sense answer to their most common questions. I know some counties have these.

09-Dec-14
That's not true if you're a resident landowner with a wooden leg or hunting on an ABCD license with an XYZ stamp. In those cases it only applies on Mondays and Thursdays. Unless your County allows Sunday hunting, then it's Mondays and Wednesdays. Except in leap years.

09-Dec-14
too funny sunday. LOL. I never kill enough deer to worry about it.

09-Dec-14
In the county I hunt in they left out the limit for deer killed while riding the roads with a beer between your legs and your rifle out the window. I can't find that anywhere in the regs. I know it must be legal because everyone does it.

09-Dec-14
thank you. LOL

09-Dec-14
I admit that the regulations are not the easiest to understand. That is why I focus on the counties I hunt in. Part of the reason they are difficult is because the DNR is trying to manage the does on a county basis, or even half of a county. For example Greenbrier county is divided up because it has 2 different habitats. The southwest of the county is farmland which has a lot of deer. The northeastern part of the county is high elevation forest with a lot less deer. If it was managed as 1 county then either the northern part would have more deer killed than the population can handle, or the southern part would not get as many deer killed as is needed killed.

To manage the herd appropriately there has to be differences. Mason county can't be managed the same way that Webster is. Those 2 counties are night and day different as far as the number of deer and the hunting pressure they can take.

I'm not saying the regulations can't be simplified, just that there are reasons that it is not as simple as we would like.

There are a lot of states that have regulations that make ours look simple.

09-Dec-14
Where there is confusion there is money to be made....

James

09-Dec-14
WELL SAID JAMES!

09-Dec-14
Bought my RRRRRRRRRRRRRRB and my RRRRRRRRRRRBB stamp yesterday. I'm ready to go hunting but forgot my RBRBRBRBRBRBRB stamp.

09-Dec-14
You guys moan More management, smaller management areas, etc.... It takes these regulations to do that. How hard is it fellas? They've separated by species of big game. God Bless

09-Dec-14
You want complicated? Try and figure the AZ elk lottery system. I just email my question to the region 2 law enforcement office. Print the answers and keep handy if needed. Simple

09-Dec-14
Yeah, at least here it's county by county, out west they might have 10 units in 1 county. If you're on one side of a creek you're in one unit and on the other side is a different unit.

• Sitka Gear