notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo

11-Dec-14

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo

11-Dec-14
Pretty young deer though. Spindly.

11-Dec-14
If you want a daytime chance, stop baiting.

12-Dec-14
wait for snow !

12-Dec-14
he's a backyard deer..im not sure if id want to shoot him but id like some daytime pics of him...there are 5 other guys that i know of in a 2 mile area so hopefuly he ' ll make it thru january....i stopped with the corn dec 1

12-Dec-14
the hard part about hunting is finding them during the DAY....LOL

12-Dec-14
Got the same issue bud buck showed up on camera at midnight on the 9th and 1:05 am on the tenth right by my stand getting a lot of night pics only of all deer no daytime

12-Dec-14
IMO - many deer, especially bucks, show only at night because of the distance they have to travel from their preferred bedding area. And they've always known, dark to dark is the safest time to be on their feet.

12-Dec-14
He looks to be about 3.5 based on antlers but he does have a bit of a pot belly associated with a little older deer

12-Dec-14

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Bucks are a different animal, especially in neighborhoods and backyards due to a lot of daytime activity. I will never see this deer during the day unless by a remote chance he was tending a doe. This is in my backyard, which I dont hunt anyway. Small bucks and does tend to stay away as well, although the does sometimes show up at first light. He is feeding on small dried up crab apples that fall late every year. There is also a scrape there. I think bigger woods are a very different story.

12-Dec-14
Ahhh the simplicity of nature means deer older deer are excellent at repeating patterns (nocturnal movement) that keep them alive or their lifespan is shortened. We are hopelessly drawn to woods by the allure of the mature buck sightings/opportunities in daylight hours. Good luck Notme!

12-Dec-14
Look at it this way, you have good intel on where not to hunt during the day. He moves during the daylight just not by your feeder, so don't hunt there if you want a chance at him.

12-Dec-14
He's smarter than you.

• Sitka Gear