raspy old hen 16-Dec-14
deadeye 16-Dec-14
TrapperJack 16-Dec-14
Jeff in MN 17-Dec-14
Naz 17-Dec-14
happygolucky 17-Dec-14
happygolucky 17-Dec-14
12-Dec-14
Post your pictures and live reports here for your zone. Please include zone and county.

12-Dec-14

10orbetter's embedded Photo
Been on stand since one half hour before first light. Very mild but windy. Feels good to be out with the bow in hand. Really became light early. Ozaukee 77m southern farm zone.

12-Dec-14
Good luck. Is that an old hay field?

12-Dec-14
see anything yet? good luck I live inthe north not much for fields- but I love that type of hunting!

12-Dec-14
Had planned on hunting this evening.....then realized it's t-zone weekend. Time for house chores

12-Dec-14
Naz, no it is a bean field loaded with beans.

Jim, nothing this AM will be back out at 2PM. Going to sit a different stand though.

I used this morning as more of a see what is shaken mission. Didn't expect to see anything, and didn't LOL. Tonight I will be where popple merges with a white oak low land area.

12-Dec-14
Also Jim, I will take big woods over farm any day of the week. Next gun season I will hunt Vilas County instead of this land.

12-Dec-14
Back on stand for the evening . Still windy ith mild temps

12-Dec-14
10orbetter, you will probably find that mornings are pretty much a waste this time of year. I'm not trying to tell you how to hunt your land, just offering advice.

12-Dec-14
Rut, That has been my observation as well with AM hunting. Heck though, I'm also in So farmland and after gun season my deer seem to find great hiding places. My land is a point on a long wooded ridge that butts up along a 200 acre AG field.

After gun season I don't see 3/4 the deer I saw prior.... Probably just where I'm at. I know all those deer were not killed.

Bill

12-Dec-14
Rut, why is that this time of the year?

12-Dec-14
You are correct. Nothing yet tonight though. They prefer night with the feed bag on

12-Dec-14
"Rut, why is that this time of the year?"

In my experience, the deer are usually back to bed well before daylight. Why, well usually it's quite cold this time of year. They generally move during the warmest part of the day when it's cold. That would be mid day/early afternoon. I also think they move closer to dark this time of year due to the pressure they have received.

13-Dec-14
Agree Rut, all the action this whole week was from 3pm on. And yes, 3 months of pressure moves the deer more towards nocturnal.

13-Dec-14
Lincoln Co. Have 2 nice bucks coming into bait every night betwewn 8pm-3am.

13-Dec-14
Fog is so thick I can't see my sights!

13-Dec-14
RC,,,, that is one fat looking doe, congrats!! I think my wife has decided my season is over until next year so it's nice to see success on here at least. I have an old lady in the freezer but I'm probably going to have to eat some buck flavored tag soup unless I can get my wife to give me a day off of chores. Good luck to the hearty souls still hunting.

13-Dec-14
"This is why I advocated for such a common sense program on the DTR."

I hope you are done bow hunting for the year, because you likely just dislocated your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

13-Dec-14
Rancid, congratulations.

14-Dec-14
Passed on this weekend because of the t-zone. No interest in does. I still have some decent bucks on camera. Hopefully one or two more chances before Jan 4.

14-Dec-14

On stand since 230. Sitting swamp edge

14-Dec-14
Rancid - Nice doe - nice shot!!

14-Dec-14

TrapperJack's embedded Photo
TrapperJack's embedded Photo
Not a bow kill but the wife wanted a nice doe to put in the freezer for sausage so I took her out and against the advice of Antler Whore decided not boycott the DNR by not buying a license and bought a bonus tag for her. She tagged a nice, healthy doe that had fat on it about the same as RC's doe. Portage/Marathon Co. has a good deer population.

14-Dec-14
Please keep it a live hunt thread!

14-Dec-14
TrapperJack, congrats to your wife. RC, sorry to read about the loss of the buck. At least it wasn't two trophies like one of the guys responding lost.

15-Dec-14
Saturday afternoon hunt. Saw 3 deer walking in. Damp foggy day. Passed on a small 8 and a doe at 20 yards. Saw 3 fawns and a nice 8 on the other side of the field. Would have passed him also.

Did not hunt yesterday as it was supposed to rain, never did watched the Packer game....should have sat in a tree.

16-Dec-14
"RC, what about the buck you hit and never found that you posted on AT?"

"RC, sorry to read about the loss of the buck"

No WAY that is RC. A dink 120 class like that could never make the living ledged come unglued. But if you think about it the dude never does get a buck with his bow so maybe it is RC. He must just flip out in panic mode when a little bit of antler walks out in front of him. He does keep his cool on the fawns.

16-Dec-14
My hunting partner was out this morning in a tent blind overlooking a picked cornfield. Only thing he saw was 300 northern mallards fly over and land in the field. Biggest greenheads he has ever seen. He said that his nephew and friends took seven doe during the muzzleloader season in the frozen swamps. Four of the doe had broken legs. He figures they fell on the ice because even they had trouble standing up when they walked around. Anyone else hunt swamps and seen deer with broken legs? I have not.

16-Dec-14
I would say more than likely the broken legs were either a car injury, or a shot injury as Howatt mentioned.

Ive seen deer blast through swamps breaking the ice all the way through the swamp. I'm talking swamps over 100 yards long. Will it hurt most def, however I would not think it would break legs. But who knows for sure??

16-Dec-14
Have to agree with Howatt, Have hunted a long time and have hunted frozen swamps both during the gun hunt and late bow but have never seen does with broken legs. I have seen them bust in a run and break through ice with no ill affects.

17-Dec-14

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
This picture is what hunting looked like Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Tuesday was cold, today was cold, actually 24 degrees with little wind. I was cold too so around 11:00 headed in to warm up for a few hours. I did bump about 5 deer on the way out this morning that were bedded right at the edge of the woods and some CRP grass. I will be headed back there this afternoon.

Hate to say it but I will take hunting in fog over cold weather.

Very little on cameras and what there is was mostly taken at night. Hard to put much faith in that though, so many trails and hard to guess which ones to put cameras on. Camera on scrape is not getting any action.

17-Dec-14
Jeff, for archery, I'm right there with you, fog over cold any day. But for gun, not so much. Your view was mine several times on stand in the first three days of this year's gun hunt. But remember, fog (and rain and a million acres of standing corn) is only a DNR excuse for why the buck kill wasn't higher in farm country.

17-Dec-14
""RC said, "I passed on 8 diff bucks this year and like the last 3 years will (by choice) eat my buck tag."

RC, what about the buck you hit and never found that you posted on AT?

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2353109 ""

WOW, WOW, WOW. The lies from Howatt->Kulas<-RC never end. Sorry about your lost buck Ronny. You may want to practice more or switch to an xbow.

17-Dec-14
Nice people get consoled. Pathelogical liars, not so much. WOW, WOW, WOW - the lies never end with you. Should have used one of those xbows you own Howatt. As a person who is always right and belittles others when this happens to them, I'm shocked this happened to you. Not really. Choo Choo goes the karma train again Ronny.

Speaking of banned and returned asshats Ronny - you described yourself to a "T". You were banned for the 2nd time on Bowsite last winter and started your comeback trail with rickflare and got that one banned too. Next up was Howatt (ain't he special) after that Rancd_Crabtree and when you realized the previous ban was not permanent (hence all those banned from the magical thread last year have returned), you went with go old Rancid_Crabtree. All facts listed there Howatt/Crabtree.

Now, lets get this back on topic Ronny. Tell us more about that buck so we can all learn from your experience. I'm really kinda shocked you didn't tell us the story. You tell everyone when you or anyone else in your family gets an owwy or a tummy ache, yet a hit and lost buck did not qualify. I can't believe Howatt did not find it for you LOL.

• Sitka Gear