jax2009r 15-Dec-14
Garbanzo 15-Dec-14
steve 15-Dec-14
Mike in CT 16-Dec-14
CTCrow 16-Dec-14
13-Dec-14

Paul's Link

13-Dec-14
I wish does had two fawns each. I havent gotten two fawns on cam here in years. I barely see one fawn with four does on cam. I know early on they hide while the doe feeds but in late summer I still dont get them on cam. While travelling through NY I consistantly see two fawns with a doe on grass on the thruway but Ive passed a bunch of does here in MA on the pike and never saw one fawn. Odd. Whats up with that?

14-Dec-14
Need to send this to Are biologist

14-Dec-14
Well here in CT, (and perhaps in MA too) we have been told by our PhDs that for every deer we see there is another one we don't see.

Simply add in that invisible fawn and there you have it!

15-Dec-14
good thing we dont have to worry about EHD UP HERE...

15-Dec-14
I've seen plenty of does with two fawns. However, I've also seen the same doe later in the year with only a single fawn. Fawns are easy prey for coyotes, bobcats, stray dogs and 2006 Toyota Camerys. And as Ace said, they could just be out of site in the edge of the woods. The fact that you are not seeing two fawns does not directly correlate to the does not giving birth to two fawns.

15-Dec-14
I don't see 2 fawns on camera .

16-Dec-14
Steve,

You need to be wearing "corrective" lenses (available for $9.99 plus tax at the CT DEEP or CAES). With these you'll always see double of whatever is there.

Buy a pair and open your wallet-they'll be twice as much money in there......

16-Dec-14
They come 2 in a pack but you can only see one.

• Sitka Gear