elkhunter-ny 15-Dec-14
Cornpone 16-Dec-14
bow shot 16-Dec-14
bow shot 16-Dec-14
bigwoodsbucks22 18-Dec-14
C.Beck 25-Dec-14
new 2the bow 25-Dec-14
14-Dec-14
I'd like to get one more deer for my son so will be going out this afternoon. If unsuccessful I'll go one more time the last day. Is anybody else still at it?

14-Dec-14
Thought about it with my muzzle loader but that last snow storm added 18 inches of snow which shut me down for the season. Snow still hanging on the trees and can't get off the road to park. I had planned on a couple full days watching one particular trail but now it's on to the honey do list. Good luck to those still in the game.

14-Dec-14
gonna head out tomorrow afternoon for a sit..struck out last 2 times...still seeing some real nice rubs and plenty of prints in the mud here on long island..just havn't been able to get it together...wondering if they went nocturnal ? good luck to all

15-Dec-14
Was out yesterday and the action was non stop. I filled my last 2 doe tags and could have filled 5 more. Only saw one small 4pt but the tracks in the snow suggested that a few big boys were still roaming. Last try this evening, good luck fellas.

15-Dec-14
just got back from a long sit ...the day looked like it had potential...lite nw winds and 40deg..set up in new spot of woods i never hunted in before...nice rubs all over but no deer to be had...might be it for my season...good luck to all still at it

15-Dec-14
Took a doe this afternoon with ML, gave to a neighbor. May go out again tomorrow.

16-Dec-14
I went out the afternoon I wrote this and saw two huge doe headed my way close to quitting time. Then they bedded down about 60 yards away in some brush! I was trapped in my tree...I absolutely hate to get picked up so waited and waited. Finally, about 5:15 and them showing no signs of leaving, I climbed down. Although I didn't see them take off...too dark...they almost had to see or hear me. I'll try a different spot this afternoon for the finale.

16-Dec-14
Zip this morning… tonight will be my last stand.

'for whitetails, anyway… then its squirrel time again!!!

16-Dec-14
Man, zeroed again on the PM sit. Worst year in a decade (7J, 7H). Haven't seen a single deer since 11/26.

FWIW, sits are usually 4-5 hr mornings, 3-4hr evenings. occasionally all day. I'm getting old, lol!

18-Dec-14
2 days ago me and my buddy both shot does and shot a bear too! It was the 6th bear of the morning!

I saw 18 deer in 3 days. All in Steuben county.

25-Dec-14
Was out last Sunday afternoon and saw a buck that shed its antlers already. The season on the Island is now officially open until Jan. 31st gun and bow.

25-Dec-14
Im glad i logged on read this blog...thought i was done for the season here on long island...might as well as try again next week and see whats left...would love to add one to the freezer...thanks for the heads up and happy holidays to all

• Sitka Gear