WVM&M 14-Dec-14
Saxton 15-Dec-14
Clare@work 15-Dec-14
gcoleman 15-Dec-14
gobbler 15-Dec-14
Publichunter 15-Dec-14
bubbastump 16-Dec-14
14-Dec-14
I was at gobblers farm in Monroe county sitting in a treestand bow hunting yesterday , there was a flock of turkeys in the food plot I looked away watching for deer when the turkeys started puttin and carrying on with distress alarm calls, I looked back at turkeys to see what was after them....standing in the middle of the flock was a huge golden eagle,I guess he missed his target turkey and was walking around in frustration, crazy thing the turkeys just kept on feeding and several of the jakes challenged him, finally he took off and landed again about 20 yards away started walking around lookin at turkeys like "well crap I missed an easy shot" lol I know his pain,,,any way how rare are these birds to our state, I have seen bald eagles on bluestone and new River here at home but that's my first golden ,,,lol he was just like a Bowhunter who missed a chip shot on a deer,,,,I'm buying my self a good camera to carry in woods for christmas

14-Dec-14
Amazing the things we are blessed with to be able to enjoy our outdoor experiences!

Camera's are great but half the time I end up regretting that I was behind the camera and not actually seeing the whole event instead of being behind the view finder! LOL

Wonder how good the GoPro's are?

14-Dec-14
Couldn't you get a shot at the eagle George? I think gobbler is trying to get rid of them because they are hard on his turkeys. Lol. I see them occasionally here in the smoke hole area. Saw one this summer fishing in the river.

14-Dec-14
Several years ago Lake Lyons( Clare's brother) and I were gobbler hunting in the same plot, it's about 200 yds long, and there were a couple jakes at the other end of it and a golden eagle flew down after one of them and missed. They took off to the woods in a dead run.

14-Dec-14
My nephew was turkey hunting this spring when he said a big bird, not sure what type, swooped down and grabbed his hen decoy and flew off over the hollow with the decoy in its grasps, neither ever to be seen again

14-Dec-14
George, if you weren't so Tight, LOL' you woulda done had one, a camera that is !

14-Dec-14
How ironic. I was scouting today and saw an eagle

14-Dec-14

M.P.'s embedded Photo
M.P.'s embedded Photo
Is this what you saw George ?

14-Dec-14
I got it fellows. The Eagles are swooping in and killing our deer. No wonder we don't see any. That's a nice gobbler MP. When I was in college I witnessed a guy from Pa. Check in a buzzard. Lol. No kidding.

14-Dec-14
That's a buzzard? I was wondering why all those gobblers on my farm didn't have beards.

14-Dec-14
The DNR dropped a load of Golden eagles to kill all the turkeys.

14-Dec-14
I know where a best of bald eagles is just off 77 south on the VA side of things usually see atleast one settin on the limb outside the nest wanting to go down and ask the land owner about taking pictures just haven't got around to it yet

14-Dec-14
I saw a bald eagle today...what a sight!!! Don't think I have ever seen a golden eagle in WV. I wish they would come up and work on some of my turkey.

15-Dec-14
I have seen seceral in WV. Fishing on the South Branch had one fly overhead at tree top height.

Fishing on the New River, I had a flock of geese about 150 yrds down stream began carrying on. All of a sudden a Bald Eagle shot out of the trees at the geese. Never got one; but it was cool to see.

I also saw one circling over the HS football field Not a buzzard it had the tale/tell white head.

AND..while duck hunting on the OH river, I saw a HUGE bird (no white head) swoop down and pull a fish from the river.

15-Dec-14
George, we see more Bald eagles around here than Goldens, but I see alot of Goldens every year. Eagles are nice to have flying around when you're duck hunting, they will get the sitting birds up off the water and flying around. Lots of times I've been sitting on the river having a slow day, then suddenly there's ducks everywhere and you're wondering what's going on, then here comes an eagle. They must love eating ducks. Apparently turkeys too!

15-Dec-14
Good to hear everyone's encounters,,,

15-Dec-14
I saw a blue jay give a tufted titmouse a threatening glance at the bird feeder today .

15-Dec-14
Young Juvenile bald eagles look like Golden eagles, that could explain the horrible aim

16-Dec-14
had a golden show up on trail camera once. I about pooped my pants. She was huge, Had wings all spread out. I wish I still had the laptop the pic was on.

• Sitka Gear