Moultrie Mobile
Strictly Sticks 3D next Sunday, Dec. 21!
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HARRY CARRY 14-Dec-14
HARRY CARRY 14-Dec-14
HARRY CARRY 14-Dec-14
hawkeye in PA 17-Dec-14
Red Beastmaster 17-Dec-14
HARRY CARRY 18-Dec-14
Red Beastmaster 19-Dec-14
HARRY CARRY 19-Dec-14
hawkeye in PA 20-Dec-14
HARRY CARRY 20-Dec-14
hawkeye in PA 21-Dec-14
HARRY CARRY 21-Dec-14
Flatlander 07-Jan-15
Bob Hildenbrand 07-Jan-15
Flatlander 07-Jan-15
RC 07-Jan-15
hawkeye in PA 07-Jan-15
Flatlander 07-Jan-15
RC 07-Jan-15
Bob Hildenbrand 07-Jan-15
RC 07-Jan-15
Flatlander 07-Jan-15
RC 07-Jan-15
Flatlander 07-Jan-15
Red Beastmaster 07-Jan-15
RC 07-Jan-15
Flatlander 08-Jan-15
Red Beastmaster 08-Jan-15
HARRY CARRY 08-Jan-15
Flatlander 08-Jan-15
horsethief51 08-Jan-15
hawkeye in PA 09-Jan-15
RC 09-Jan-15
HARRY CARRY 09-Jan-15
14-Dec-14
""Oh the weather outside now is drizzly; it won't hurt your Bear Grizzly. So as long as you're "In The Know", Shoot your bow, shoot your bow, shoot your bow".""

(See what happens when the FM radio station starts playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving?)

ANYHOW:

Time to start Winter---but in a Strictly Sticks kind of way! When? How about next Sunday, December 21, for the second of our Winter 3D shoots?

The crew will be setting up the course Saturday, and would like to invite all of our fellow Traditional Archers to stop by Sunday for a Holiday Season chance to shoot with friends, both old and new.

Details about the weather at this point...we are clueless. But, we're going to guess that the temps will be somewhere between 0 and 100 degrees F, with possibly none to some either snow, clear, or rain.

We'll open the course and kitchen around 8 AM, and shooting will continue until 1 PM. If you want to shoot with different groups of folks, and trek the course multiple times, A-OK with us.

If you know someone who has never been to a Sticks shoot, or is totally new to Traditional Archery, bring them along. And introduce them to your friends, and this way of life we've all been following...

Family participation is WELCOMED. If you are 17 or older, the cost is $10 to shoot. Ages 12-16 cost $5, and young Archers 11 and under shoot for free. Also, when you are on the course, novice Archers may shoot from where they are comfortable. This isn't a scored, high-stakes event. This is a fun shoot, as it is always meant to be.

The building will be warm inside, with plenty of space to BS and prepare for the course. The Trade/Sell/Swap tables will be set up, too.

We'll be at: 286 Sportsmens Road, Alverton, PA 15612, for your GPS heading. And, if you have any questions or comments, ask them here, or through our email at [email protected] , or on our Facebook page "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" .

Unlike many Holiday Season gatherings where you are forced to be there and behave in a certain way 'cause your bosses might be there, why not just consider this as YOUR chance to spread some Holiday Cheer in you own way:

With a bow and arrow! Cause "Robin Hood-ing" someone else's arrow is TRULY a gift worth giving....!!!

SEE. YOU. NEXT. SUNDAY!!

And THANK YOU! From The Crew

14-Dec-14

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo

14-Dec-14

17-Dec-14
Planning on it and the son in law is suppose to show up too.

17-Dec-14
The shooting clinic will start at 9:30.

18-Dec-14
LOL, Red! Who is teaching??!!

19-Dec-14
We have a revolving staff of Mt Men that step up when called on. I'm not sure who's on this week.

19-Dec-14
Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend both were known for shooting yew English longbows. SO, who could be part of the revolving staff. Yes, who. At Strictly Sticks. Guess who? Why not. We'll try to work the kinks out by then. Although there could always be a clash between the targets and the arrows, we don't think you'll need an aerosmith. Busted arrows go to the trashmen. Have no fear. This isn't asia, kansas, or boston. It's Alverton.

Sunday. 8 AM.

See you there.

20-Dec-14
"We have a revolving staff of Mt Men that step up when called on." Yea, as long as the weather is fair.

20-Dec-14
The course awaits you!

Hunting. Running. Steel. Fun.

See you in 11 hours....!

21-Dec-14
And another BIG THANK YOU for the Strictly Sticks crew. Enjoyed the last shoot of the year, and already looking forward to next years. Wishing all yinz a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year.

21-Dec-14
To the 44 folks who came from ALL OVER S.W.P.A., THANK YOU for shooting with us! Yeppers, with so many things going on this Christmas season, we appreciate you taking the time to stop by. May ALL OF YOU enjoy a Peaceful Christmas and Hanukkah, and a Happy New Year! And The Crew of Strictly Sticks will see you next year! From: Dave B., Scott & Lynda K., Austin K.& Mallorie S., Jon & Dawn O., Tim D., Mike H., Butch H., Garrett, Randy D. ((PS: It's not too late to ask Santa for replacement arrows eaten by the wolf or bear.....!))

07-Jan-15
All this talk about draw weight on the other thread got my traditional juices flowing. Been awhile since I slung an arrow. Sure would like to make the Jan shoot. When is it???

07-Jan-15
Sure Delsandro! Like you gonna craw out from under that rock:^)

January 18th.

Maybe we can get the old coot to show up if we can drag him out of the shop.

07-Jan-15
Well I got a rabbit hunt planned for that weekend but it depends on my guide. Might be a good excursion for the boy and me! Hell Boob H I could care less if Roy shows up. Ain't no competition there:) Just hope that sissy pants ILF dude show up so he can see how men get it done:) I bet he drives a VW or BMW! Prolly a bunch of starbucks cups on the floorboard too.

07-Jan-15
If I show up, I'll be shooting the old bear takedown with carbon arrows, three fingers under, string walking. And Flatlander, I'll clean your clock... $20.00 bet on that?

07-Jan-15
Two pretty big IF's

07-Jan-15
No bets Roy but I would love to shoot with you!

07-Jan-15
Ok but I warned you..

photo bow001.jpg

photo ss003.jpg

photo IMG_6463.jpg

07-Jan-15
I see by that Robin Hood that Chris must be shootin' your bow.

07-Jan-15
LOL, not saying a word...

But Damn, it's 4 fricken degrees out there tonight....

07-Jan-15
See you are finally shooting a good bow. Split finger too? Good for you buddy.

07-Jan-15
Nah, old picture. Now I shoot three under and walk the string like I did in 1970. Deadly way to shoot. I'm gonna whoop up on ole Redbeastmaster too.....

07-Jan-15
Good luck beating up Red.

07-Jan-15
RC, I thought that bow broke. Did you get it fixed or replace part of it?

Flatlander, I never keep score. I just smile a lot and everyone thinks I shot well that day.

07-Jan-15
Dave Lint made me a new set of limb for it, Red. Put high performance bamboo core lams in it this time, it had maple core lams from 1970. It shoots a carbon arrow at 190 fps now. Really a flat shooting bow.

08-Jan-15
Red I really want to see RC whoop ya. I'll keep score for you guys.

08-Jan-15
Speed freak now RC?

Might as well put wheels on it.

08-Jan-15
Well guys its the ham shoot, so you might as well keep score. When I create the new thread for the Jan. 18 shoot, then the smackdown talk can really get going. Gimme a few hours to create that thread.....

08-Jan-15
Did you say Ham shoot! Red will be there! RC is the original Ham so he should show.

08-Jan-15
Wondered about those limbs.

09-Jan-15
HC, your getting slow, better shake up them voices!

09-Jan-15
$10.00 to shoot? What about a senior discount?

09-Jan-15
hawkeye, ask and you shall receive. Seek, and ye shall find!

RC: if you actually show up, we'll discuss discounts then!!!!!!!!

Now, go to the new thread!!!!

• Sitka Gear