Bogey PA 28-Dec-14
outpostdave 28-Dec-14
tobywon 29-Dec-14
Huntinggal2009 30-Dec-14
Huntinggal2009 30-Dec-14
15-Dec-14

Bogey PA's embedded Photo
With the creation of all these fancy phones these days I figure there has to be some interesting photos out there. I know we all see some pretty interesting things during the countless hours spent in a tree, blind or just cruising the woods. Could be a squirrel or an eagle let's see what ya saw.

The pic I attached was taken while dragging my buck out this year. I was taking a break and this buck and a little 4 point came strolling down into the hollow. It was one of those days that I will not soon forget.

15-Dec-14
I wished I'd have had a camera the one day... I saw a mature bald eagle in a big dead tree watching over a small creek and swamp with freshly fallen wet snow clinging to all the tree branches behind him. It was an absolutely majestic scene. Ain't nature grand?

15-Dec-14
Sure is! I watched 3 immature eagles on a windy day in mid october. They were just cruising up and down a steep river cliff playing in the breeze. Flipping around and diving at each other. It's been great seeing the Eagles coming back around here.

15-Dec-14

DaleHajas's embedded Photo
DaleHajas's embedded Photo
I dream a lot in the woods..... This uns fer you Red Beastmaster, Shortdrawers, and pvcrepairman:)<=====<<<<< note smiley face

15-Dec-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
9 point I passed on first day of vacation, could not shoot because I was dizzy from hanging sideways on that tree! Lol darn IPhone Picts

15-Dec-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Bringing home the backstraps, like uncle Ted would say "where have we seen this before"

15-Dec-14

roger's embedded Photo
roger's embedded Photo
Not an "early season" picture per se, but as I snapped this photo of Jr., he was actually watching a doe and I didn't know it....lol....guess the old man here kinda screwed up an opportunity !

15-Dec-14

roger's embedded Photo
roger's embedded Photo
Ok, here's one from the early season. :)

15-Dec-14

Ben Farmer's embedded Photo
Buck that walked under me on my first day in Ohio this year.

Mike. That's funny right there!!

15-Dec-14

Another from Ohio

15-Dec-14
That's a purty lookin bean field there roger. I can picture big boy down in that little saddle along the woods.

15-Dec-14

Here is my oldest with her first harvest of the year. She was hoping for a bigger one but I told her the chickens really need the meat. 4 1/2" with a 1/8" mass measurement. Almost p&y

15-Dec-14

BUSTED

Luckily I'd already got some horns

15-Dec-14

One from the first day of archery season this year in Pa

15-Dec-14
I had a buddy that had a sister that looked like a boer goat. Boy speaking of goats I have a picture of one somewhere.....:)

16-Dec-14

outpostdave's embedded Photo
Early snow storm 11/13/2013, taken from my stand.

16-Dec-14
Stick x 2.

Is that picture edited dave?

16-Dec-14
Now THAT'S a trophy pic right there!!! Stunning.

16-Dec-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Same day as Daves picture above just not as Purdy, 11/13/14 Ohio...the hunting selfie

16-Dec-14
Bogey, The light was just perfect for about 20 seconds when the picture was taken. I remember thinking it as sort of a gift from mother nature. The scene actually gave me goosebumps and then it was gone. I have been into photography for about 15 years, and have never seen the sky look like it did. Believe it or not, it was shot with my cell phone! I did adjust the contrast slightly, but, the colors are as original.

Mike, You're as handsome as ever!

Dave

16-Dec-14

This one is pretty cool. Morning dew on a spider web.

16-Dec-14
Mike, your the only guy here who's a worse photographer than me. :)

17-Dec-14
Dave about 10 minutes after I took that picture I had a beautiful wide 8 point come right in behind me, he walked down the onlytrail that was downwind of me and winded me He only offered a quartering toward shot at 8 yards, I thought my wind would blow over him, I only needed him to walk about 5 more yards and he was quartering away. He was head down grunting not paying attention to anything! He hit my scent and he literally spun and bolted out of there like someone took a Louisville slugger to the top of his dome!

Mike

18-Dec-14
Wow! As I recall, my morning was pretty uneventful other than the beautiful light show.

Dave

18-Dec-14
Hey Roger, what is lil Rog carrying? I have been looking to get my 8yo a youth model and don't really like the Rossi's. Can't seem to find much else, but I haven't made it over to Duke's to see what they have. Thanks

18-Dec-14
JB, it's a Weatherby Vangaurd Carbine in 7mm-08. They're perfect for kids and has a rubber over-mold on the stock for a very nice grip. Yeah, see Wes, Mike or any of the guys over there - everybody is very knowledgeable and helpful.

18-Dec-14

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

18-Dec-14
Nice pictures, Dave. They speak well of you.

18-Dec-14

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Young Pike county buck feeding on acorns

18-Dec-14
tobyone, that is extraordinary.

18-Dec-14

PAbowhunter1064's MOBILE embedded Photo

A picture of me and my new hunting buddy. My son turned twelve last May, successfully passed the hunter safety course, and practiced a lot over the summer. Some of the best moments spent in the woods this year was sitting right next to him. This was taken on a morning right after seeing two turkeys, a fox, and a fat racoon :)

18-Dec-14

A view from our stand...

18-Dec-14
Thanks guys, when the weather permits during archery I try to bring my nicer camera out there. I find myself lately reaching for the camera first before the bow.i try to shoot HD video with it too. I should Youtube some and post.

Awesome pabow, doesn't get better than that.

18-Dec-14
Nice, Josh..

18-Dec-14
Thanks, guys. :)

Toby-that is an awesome picture! Was that taken with a cell phone?

18-Dec-14

Here is one of my favorite pictures of the year. My girlfriend's first year bowhunting, and she loved it. It seemed that even when I was ready to pack it up, she wanted to stay on stand just a little bit longer.

19-Dec-14
No cell phone, my cannon

19-Dec-14

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo

19-Dec-14

This is how they are supposed to look!! LOL! ;-)

19-Dec-14

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
PAbow, the over the shoulder look and expression on your sons face is perfect. Good for your wife as well. My wife loves the woods and solitude, but is not into the killing part or sitting for long periods in the cold.

Here is another Pike County buck, but from last year. I just like the look of him, unfortunately he didnt hang around too long.

19-Dec-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Nice pictures guys, Josh for a minute there it looked like you were hunting on the other side of my tree! Lol dang IPhones

One of my favorite funnels

Mike

20-Dec-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
View behind above picture, perfect trap stand with right wind

20-Dec-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Southern Ohio strip mine hill country is beautiful

20-Dec-14
Great photos Guys! Dave

20-Dec-14

LOL, Mike!! I was thinking the same thing! Let's set this straight....;-)

20-Dec-14

...and one more!

20-Dec-14
Tobywon- Nice picture of that last buck. Sorry it didn't hang out too long...that's the kind of stuff dreams are made of, though. I love my trailcams and iPhone, but they don't come anywhere close to the quality of your pictures. One of these days I'm going to invest in a quality camera, and spend the off season shooting through a photo lens. Very cool!

20-Dec-14

Mike- You've got some pretty spectacular hunting spots, my friend. If you ever need somebody to "watch over them", feel free to put my name at the top of the list! LOL!

Here is one more picture from August of this year, and my favorite. This nice 5pt buck visited our stand even into early archery. One night on stand, I watched Katie shoot an arrow over his back. He ran out into the field, and walked into my son's shooting lane. He stopped 20 yards broadside, looking the opposite direction. I quietly talked my son through the process of standing slowly...drawing the bow when he wasn't looking our direction...and placing the pin behind his shoulder, just like we practiced. At the release of his string, the arrow was true, and on it's way to the buck's vitals. Gravity took over about a foot away, and we watched his arrow stick in the dirt. That buck bolted and disappeared forever. Though it wasn't funny for them at the time, we all look back and laugh now... and that memory for me was priceless. Everytime I look at this picture, it transports me back to that day, and makes me smile....next time I get the first shot! ;-)

20-Dec-14

Mitch's embedded Photo
Mitch's embedded Photo

20-Dec-14
That's a cool story and one heck of a 5 point. Mitch thst's a beautiful photo. If I was you I'd be tempted to have that blown up and framed.

Mike

22-Dec-14
Thanks Roger. I will check that model out.

27-Dec-14

You Pa. guys should recognize this location.

28-Dec-14
Hmm, looks like it could be several places raystown, tioga/Hammond?

Beautiful pic regardless! !

28-Dec-14
Andy, It's the northern portion of the Allegany reservoir where it crosses from NY to PA. The photo was taken off NY 280 just before it becomes PA 346. We have a family camp on 346, about 18 miles from Bradford in Corydon township.

We had to move the camp in 1962 when they were building the Kinzua dam. Where it once stood, (we purchased it in 1927), is now inundated with water and known as Sugar Bay.

Good guesses though!

29-Dec-14
Nice photo outpostdave, I would have guessed Lake Wallenpaupack

30-Dec-14

Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
This year my youngest returned to the woods for a few days of hunting with her Mom.

30-Dec-14

Getting ready for "action" selfie.

• Sitka Gear