Babysaph 16-Dec-14
bowfisher 22-Dec-14
gobbler 22-Dec-14
bowfisher 23-Dec-14
babysaph 23-Dec-14
bowfisher 27-Dec-14
Big-Otis-Jeff 28-Dec-14
15-Dec-14
When do guys usaully see it come in and who still has a tag to fill. Does anyone see alot of success toward the end of the season.

15-Dec-14
I hear some bucks are losing their horns. I would like to get another doe for meat.

15-Dec-14
I think it's in now. We had an early rut this year. My friend was at my place Friday doe hunting and saw a big 8 out at 1 pm checking the field out.

15-Dec-14
When was the 1st one? Did it happen yet? LOL

15-Dec-14
Was out Thursday and walkin along an ol logging road found two scrapes that had been worked that morning could see it and smell it plain as day

16-Dec-14
Is this "second rut" from does that were missed the first time or from this year's fawns that are now large enough to come into estrous?

16-Dec-14
Yes, both.

16-Dec-14
And button bucks. LOL. I couldn't resist.

16-Dec-14
But JayD you can shoot does. Your hunting opportunity won't be limited. They eat good. Pass on some of the bucks you kill and you will have bigger ones on your property in a few years. Now if you just want to shoot 2 average bucks well then you are right. once again I quit fighting it. Until the state says they want bigger bucks I am shooting deer here for meat. Going elsewhere for the 150's

16-Dec-14
Found a fresh scrape this past Saturday and also my friend seen a buck chasing a doe this past Saturday here in Jefferson county.

16-Dec-14
I was out monday evening, mountain was silent. This weather is killing me. Its all night time movement here in the north east.

16-Dec-14
I predict scab headed bucks may be chasing does.

22-Dec-14
Saw a 9 point this morning pushing 4 does and making scrapes

22-Dec-14
The sudden decrease in testerone is what causes them to shed their antlers. They don't have any desire to breed after that. Their main concern is food.

23-Dec-14
Same spot as yesterday morning this morning and wow what a difference. Saw a deer at first light about 110 yards away and then 2 does around 10. Yesterday morning saw 9 does and that 9 point that was going crazy. I guess it's hit or miss. Moving about 150 yards and sitting on ground tonight to try to catch a doe coming out to feed. We will see what happens

23-Dec-14
Good luck

27-Dec-14
Saw a buck today dogging a doe

28-Dec-14
HAvent seen a deer in the last 4 sits, 2 in Cabell and 2 in Mingo..............Not a single deer.

• Sitka Gear