bigbuckbob 19-Dec-14
notme 19-Dec-14
SmoothieJonez 19-Dec-14
16-Dec-14

Nothing's embedded Photo
Nothing's embedded Photo

16-Dec-14
Nothing

I don't see a horn in the picture, just an antler. :) Yeah, they should be starting to drop.

Horns are hollow and don't fall off, like in big horn sheep, but antlers are solid and do shed and regrow each year. Just to nit-pik.

16-Dec-14
Argh... It's funny, I often find Shed's around Xmas. Seems a week or two early... but you never know. I have heard larger antlers drop sooner in many cases - so makes sense you found that stud's head gear.

It's an awesome find! Go back and look for the other side in case is came off in the same general area.

16-Dec-14
Sorry I didn't call it an antler , next time I'll make sure to use the right wording so I don't get a lecture for bob

18-Dec-14

SmoothieJonez's MOBILE embedded Photo

Dropped before December?

18-Dec-14

18-Dec-14

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Not all still have 5 bucks here

18-Dec-14
Times deer shed is Genetics mostly, or if they are extremely stressed like an injury....... I have seen deer in zone 11 keep their antlers till march before.. but have seen a lot drop in the first two weeks of December in the Middlesex area

18-Dec-14
May have busted it off smoothie?

18-Dec-14
It also depends on the individual deer - it's condition before the rut, how it's health diminished during the rut, etc.

19-Dec-14
I am from upstate NY and have been out hunting coyotes in the end of Feb.and have seen good bucks with the bone still on,then went to drag one out in Nov.and the antler pop off in my hand.Alot of it has to do with how much calcium they are getting in their diet also.Their antlers are just like fingernails when it comes to calcium.

19-Dec-14
Nothing Trying to make a joke sorry

19-Dec-14
dizzie and sachmo dropped their horns once..lol

19-Dec-14
The big unknown Griz... If that's the case, I hope to have a run in with his nemesis before season's end.

• Sitka Gear