gobbler 17-Dec-14
JayD 17-Dec-14
JayD 17-Dec-14
JayD 17-Dec-14
gobbler 17-Dec-14
16-Dec-14

JayD's embedded Photo
JayD's embedded Photo
I have been seeing this in a few bucks here in just like the past 3 to 4 years - with little growth of the g3. I know this guy has already passed his genes on for this year - so probably wise to let him go if I see him again before the season ends. I put a pic of him up on another thread and everyone I think was leaning towards him being a 3.5 year old. It will be interesting to see how he grows by next Season - but I think if I see him next year and not much difference I may just have to toss an arrow at him. What's your opinion on him? Going to post another pic of another younger but similar buck. Last year the first buck I shot that someone stole before I got to him (30 minutes after shot!) was similar - very wide (21 or 22 inches) but tines not much length to them.

16-Dec-14

JayD's embedded Photo
JayD's embedded Photo
I have been hunting here for 20 plus years and strange how this sort of just popped up.

16-Dec-14

gobbler's Link
I think it just depends on whether or not you want to shoot him. This QDMA article pretty much sums it up about culling. It just dosen't work.

16-Dec-14
Nice article and I never thought you could control anything out in the wild - but do think you can sort of slow things down a bit. With our tag system now - Like I said took notice of this last year - and then remembered it from a year before - have several dear that it just looks for some reason nothing wants to sprout out there! LOL

16-Dec-14
To me that buck only looks 2.5,but i could b way off

16-Dec-14
I think it is an iowa fawn that is lost. :)

17-Dec-14
I agree with Big-Otis-Jeff; that deer is 2.5 yrs old. The antlers are spindly, his body is not much different than the second pictured 1.5 year old buck. IMO that deer has potential to be a good one.

17-Dec-14
I think it's 2.5 also.

17-Dec-14
I will put up pic from a couple of weeks ago where ya thought it might be a 3.5 -gobbler when I get home

17-Dec-14
I posted a pick b4 thought either a good 2.5 or 3.5 in qdma thread. Of course you all may not be figuring in all the weight lost because of me chasing him around with my prototype drone the past few weeks too!

17-Dec-14

JayD's MOBILE embedded Photo
JayD's MOBILE embedded Photo

17-Dec-14
You're right , I remember now. I did think it was 3.5. He has lost some weight.

• Sitka Gear