bigbuckbob 23-Dec-14
Captain Art 23-Dec-14
bigbuckbob 23-Dec-14
CTCrow 23-Dec-14
notme 23-Dec-14
Straight Arrow 05-Jan-15
BigZ 06-Jan-15
17-Dec-14
Hi all wondering whos used any northeast pig hunts and who comes recommended. I hear they are closing all pigs in New york....anywhere else thx for the help rick

17-Dec-14
I didn't even know we had pig hunts in the NE area. I thought it was all down south.

What's it like? Do you use a bow in a stand or gun on the ground? I saw them using a big swamp buggy in Florida with high powered rifles, so not something to use in the NE.

17-Dec-14
BBB, in the northeast they let the pigs out of a cage and you kill them.

17-Dec-14
not anymore .

17-Dec-14
And that's called what? Not hunting is it? Sounds like pig farming, let's get ready to eat pig.

17-Dec-14
My bro in law used to go someplace in vermont...i think he said it was $600 for 3-4 days....cant wait till we have them here but this state will never acknowlegde them..i used to go to the bar with a fist full of twenties..lol

17-Dec-14
Boy sorry didnt mean to open up a sore subject with some but I had some friends that went to PA for one a few years back and it was unguided and a spot and stalk with bow which sounds good to me. I have no intention of "cage"hunting. its easier to go to the grocery store for my bacon.

17-Dec-14

SixLomaz's Link
If you want to kill boar in VT go to Wild Hill Preserve (see the link attached). Still farmed but fun in a way. I went there once and will not go back as I do not like to hunt caged animals.

17-Dec-14
onepin

if guys want to shoot animals released from a cage and it's legal and the meat doens't go to waste, then I say have at it. For me, I like to hunt on state land for wild animals.

17-Dec-14
six,

"Hunts We no longer offer boar hunts"

Apparently they are out of the boar business.

17-Dec-14
Nothing sporting about it, can't blame you for not wanting to spend your money like that. If you can, go down south and I'd make sure it was a guide who uses "fair chase".

17-Dec-14
I don't think the have boar hunts in the n east anymore wild preserve doesn't have them and the ones in NY don't have them, afraid they would get lose I think .

17-Dec-14
I did Wild hill in my first year or two hunting. Caged hunt. Left a bad taste for me. Never repeated such a thing since. I think in Texas they will let you kill as many as you want for almost nothing. They want the bigs GONE.

17-Dec-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
If everything works out, I'm going boar hunting this summer with my wife's cousin.

All fair chase and wild.

17-Dec-14
Crow

is that you between those 2 pigs? Bet you never been asked that before :)

17-Dec-14
Crow, where is this place? Do you have a name and address? Thank you.

17-Dec-14
LOL No They've been asked who is the pig with then but not me.

South America and not me. Tha's my wife's cousin. My wife's uncle sends me pictures almos weekly of their hunts.

They were guiding for a while but don't do it any more.

17-Dec-14
Damn Crow, tell him those are some nice hogs.....I'm hopin they migrate up north, that'd be great for us as hunters, but a nightmare if you're a farmer or live off the land. They uproot and eat everything. In Florida, they're in season year round and you don't need a permit on private land, not too sure about public land.

17-Dec-14
No way cuntrytocity, it wouldnt be good for hunters up here. Pigs would decimate fawn populations, turkey eggs and do tons of damage to habitat which would be bad all around for hunting up here.

17-Dec-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
I think they would be great for live off the land. A lot of free bacon on the hoof. Terrible for deer and other wild game.

The wild boar kills a lot of sheep and calfs so they try to keep the population low. We know that is esaier said than done.

17-Dec-14
Ny banned it because of escapees being out in the wild and possibly reproducing.

17-Dec-14
Here's one in NC 10 hour drive:

http://www.tmhuntingproperties.com/

I went in April but due to high river, We got skunked. Matt, the owner is a good guy.

Trying to get a group together to go here this spring

http://www.paradisevalleyhuntingclub.com/

17-Dec-14
Best one I've found is Matt Cates in Palm Bay FL. Triple M Outfitters.

19-Dec-14
I went twice to Moree's hunting preserve in South Carolina. Went basically for the meat. Its basically shooting pig in a pen. The last boar I got had a musky smell that I could not get over. Tried cooking it a lot of different ways even smoking it. Could not eat it so I gave all the meat away to others. If you do go pig hunting get a sow about 80-120lbs they are the best eating and they are not musky like the boars.

http://www.moreespreserve.com/

19-Dec-14

Captain Art's embedded Photo
Some picture from my hunt at Moree's I think we paid 4250 for a small pig and $350 for a boar.

19-Dec-14

Another Pic

23-Dec-14
Buffalo Creek in North Carolina. It's all fair chase, no fence and boars only. Mostly hunting out of a stand over bait. Great guys, I 1st met them at the Big E sportsman's show

23-Dec-14
At 4250 for a small pig I would shoot the big ones all day long!! :)

23-Dec-14
Shift did not work properly $250...

23-Dec-14
I know, just couldn't resist.

23-Dec-14
I resisted :-)

23-Dec-14
i would need to crack a bottle of chatue la feet to go with a 4250 proscuito..

05-Jan-15
Wild Hill Preserve in VT is no longer offering hog hunts.

I'd suggest Texas, Florida or Georgia. These are the top three states.

good luck

06-Jan-15
Hillside in Aurora Maine....It's a 200 acre penned area...Been there done it...it's okay. First one I shot within an hour. The next time I let three pass twice before taking a bigger one. Not cheap though and 6-7 hours from Springfield, MA area. Good time, but canned. Probably would like to South Carolina for a true experience.

• Sitka Gear