Two Feathers 19-Dec-14
Naz 19-Dec-14
happygolucky 19-Dec-14
Novemberforever 19-Dec-14
10orbetter 19-Dec-14
Naz 19-Dec-14
razorhead 19-Dec-14
19-Dec-14
So a friend of mine and his kid hunt up north in the nicolet national forest. 2 years ago his kid hit a buck they tracked but never found. Last weekend my buddy shot a 10pt buck from the same stand, while butchering him this week they found his kids broadhead healed over in the shoulder! How crazy is that!?

19-Dec-14
cool

19-Dec-14
Years back my brother in law killed a buck and found a snuffer 3 blade solid broadhead embeded in a lower neck vertabae with the bone healed and fused right thru the vents...unreal he survived that hit without spinal cord trauma.

19-Dec-14
Years back my brother in law killed a buck and found a snuffer 3 blade solid broadhead embeded in a lower neck vertabae with the bone healed and fused right thru the vents...unreal he survived that hit without spinal cord trauma.

19-Dec-14
That's pretty cool!

Several years ago I was peeling the backstrap out of a buck I killed when I hit something hard with my knife. There was about 8 inches of Aluminum arrow and a Rocky Mountain broadhead laying along the top of the ribs parallel wih the spine between the backstrap and the ribs. It was totally healed with just a little tiny bit of pus around the steel tip of the broadhead.

I'm sure the buck had a stiff back because the arrow acted as a splint along his spine and didn't allow the vertebrae and discs to flex.

19-Dec-14
Tri-County - a very cool story. What's the odds of that happening. Nicolet, 2 years later, same stand, family and friends. Yes!

I've killed one deer with a broad head in it. Also a scapula shot that didn't make it through.

19-Dec-14
Give it to the kid. First blood … ok just kidding.

Venison processors see this every year. One guy I visited in the past had a big collection of broadheads found while cutting deer for customers. If not in the vitals, many make it. Tough critters.

19-Dec-14

happygolucky's embedded Photo
happygolucky's embedded Photo
I killed this buck last year when I saw he had an arrow planted in his neck. I had all I could do to get a shot on him and luckily I did well.

We talked to neighbors and found that a lady hit the buck on October 2. She said she hit it "a little high." I killed him on October 27. His stomach and bowels were full. I had to cut the arrow out of his neck. The ground meat was fine but the steaks were like chewing on leather. They were converted to ground too.

19-Dec-14
My buddy hit a bull in az with a huge droptine and a softball end the next year i killed him in the same canyon same droptine, dug his bh out

19-Dec-14

10orbetter's embedded Photo
10orbetter's embedded Photo
Tricounty- great story and good ending. This buck had a broadhead sticking through his right shoulder blade and it fell out while I was butchering him. Funny thing, my Thunderhead blew through the lower portion of the left shoulder blade and cut a main artery to the heart. when I harvested him in 011

19-Dec-14
Nice picture 10, for a second I thought you meant to post this on the live hunt thread! Good luck

19-Dec-14
I learned to deer hunt when I was 29 from a guy named Gary. Back in the day we walked over 50 minutes in Bayfield Co, to get to a hot spot, with big big buck sign.

Opening day of rifle season. Gary sees a small spike at 10am. It comes thru with one leg shot off, and hanging, and its in bad shape.

Gary puts a 270 thru it, and puts his one and only tag on it........

Gary said, that is what you should do, its called RESPECT...... sure I would like to have shot a nice buck, but that is the right thing to do......

Another positive lesson I carried with me, RESPECT....

In a lot of ways, something that seems loss today....

• Sitka Gear