mountain william 23-Dec-14
shakyheadsabol 23-Dec-14
babysaph 23-Dec-14
gobbler 23-Dec-14
WVM&M 23-Dec-14
Spec 24-Dec-14
shakyheadsabol 24-Dec-14
22-Dec-14
counted this weekend (sat & sun) crossing the road coming out of the fields at daylight on my drive to the lake. let me guess, all the acorns are rotten now, so thats the reason they are in the fields? thought the deer didnt have to move because there was so much mast in the woods?

22-Dec-14
Boy, oh boy.

I thought there weren't any deer left?

If I was a serious hunter and didn't expect to see deer like this at this time of year on alternate high carb foods, I'd quit. And If I didn't know why the deer were laying off the acorns more so now, than before, I'd quit.

On a positive note, all the deer hunters who need corn feeders to determine deer density's, should really be happy until the end of the season. But that has to do with my prior recommendations. So you might not understand. :^)

22-Dec-14
Still waiting for those pics.....

22-Dec-14
Technical issues. Probably North Korean cyber malware.

If I disappear point the FBI to that funny looking short fat guy from North Korea. I can't think of his name right now but Dennis Rodman knows who he is if he can remember.

22-Dec-14
Omg too funny.

22-Dec-14
Yep those acorns really spoiled my season wvmountaineer. Here i was planning on my family ( sons, son's girlfriends, nephews, brother in law, best friend, best friend's son and daughter) all tagging out over my corn pile on my 5 acres of which we are lucky we can all hunt as landowners. I have a perfect setup where you can lay your crossbow or rifle in a vise and all you have to do is pull the trigger. Hunting doesnt get any better than that, but of course those darn acorns. I just dont understand why we didnt see any deer because if it were acorns they were after, i have several maple trees on the property. I just dont get it. Please share with us what we can do to recover from this acorn ruined season.

23-Dec-14
WVM&M I suggest you fill your feeder with acorns and sit under one of the maples close to your feeder.

23-Dec-14
chastize me all you want, the acorn theroy is nothing more than an excuse. the people that wanted to harvest a buck harvested a buck, period. there is nothing wrong with our system, people are just getting to greedy. we live in a great state. my son or daughter can go out and have a decent chance of hunting a buck (or a deer for that matter). they can go after a buck with a bow, a gun, and a muzzlegun. how many states can say that? how many states can say they've done such a good job with their management that their licensees can harvest three bucks and not hurt the population? i dont see us like in the 80's when it was a sight to see a freakin deer in itself? no the thing here is just teaching people responsibility. if your land cannot support three bucks harvested, dont do it. gobblers can support it no problem. he may choose not to and thats his choice, but why take it away because people wanna be greedy and say they wanna sit in the woods and dream they are in ky? we went from a state where you went to prison for killing a doe and seeing a buck was a big time event, to a state with liberal regs but an explosion of deer. somebody did something right. the deer pop may be down a little and thats a good thing, but these excuses are just ridiculous. numbers dont lie and that forester on here that is putting the numbers where his mouth is, he needs to be listened to. hes the only one backing it up with facts and is in the woods more than anyone on here.

why dont we all focus on being responsible and ethical hunters. be good stewards of the land. dont take what you cant eat. lets focus on our careers, like teaching, forestry, aerospace, and retirement and let the dnr and biologists focus on theirs. lets focus on things like sunday hunting. things that will benefit everyone. i got a whole house full of wv buck horns and mounts from 80 inches to 140 inches. my 12 year old son has killed more and nicer bucks than 90 percent of kids his age. i own five acres..someone in charleston isnt doing to bad a job regulating our herd for the enjoyment and preservation. and guess what? if i didnt have that five acre acre honey hole, my son and i would still be puttin horns on the wall and keepin our belly full because we made strides to find land, put the time in, and pursued our passion. put yourself in a position to succeed or get the hell out of the way and quit blocking the view for someone else..jesus i feel like i just gave the griswald no bonus speech lol ..im done. hammer me

23-Dec-14
Where's the Egg Nog? LOL

23-Dec-14
I actually have no clue what's going on right now. But I'm still in mourning over Joe Cocker dying.

23-Dec-14
More like the rant from "The Old Man" Parker that is "still hanging in space over Lake Michigan"

His rant beats Sparky's rant anyday.

24-Dec-14
Wow... someone sees deer so the deer herd is in great shape. There is serious hunters on here and this state has some serious problems. By some of the rants on here I can see why. Yes some people are posting some so called facts on here but these facts are from unqualified people. There is a lot of ethical hunters in this state the problem is the unethical hunters that this state caters to. All we ask that the state should start favoring the ethical hunters.

24-Dec-14
Ethical lol...you have no idea....yeah your right state is in piss poor shape...serious problems...no deer or big bucks in this state...just sucks....said no auto insurance adjuster ever lmao....

• Sitka Gear