Mathews Inc.
Hogs for cancer victim
Florida
Contributors to this thread:
mnjen 22-Dec-14
itshot 06-Jan-15
22-Dec-14
Hello,

Recently I was diagnosed with terminal stage 4 bladder cancer. My wife and I are going to be in the Tarpon Springs area for the month of March so I can recover from the chemo treatments. I was looking to see if there are any of my bowsite buddies out there that might have some private land close to the area where I could bowhunt some hogs. Honestly I don't know what kind of shape I will be in but it would be nice to get out a few times if possible. I can't afford to pay for a hunt with all my expenses so any help you can provide would be great. I would donate any hogs to you. I am also interested in doing any fishing if you have access or ideas. I am from Minnesota so don't have a clue about the area.

Thanks.

Jon

06-Jan-15
Jon,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, that has got to be tough.

Tarpon should be a nice place in March to relax and recover. As for nearby privarte land for hogs, I'm sure its there just don't know of it. Fishing is all around, take a charter from the sponge docks, or just throw a hook from shore. Or Lake Tarpon for bass & crappie.

Either way, it should be warmer & more comfortable than MN that time of year

Good Luck with treatments and hope you'll be in good enough shape to get out and enjoy the area

• Sitka Gear