roger 27-Dec-14
Red Beastmaster 27-Dec-14
hvac tech 27-Dec-14
hvac tech 27-Dec-14
Mule Power 03-Jan-15
hvac tech 03-Jan-15
Red Beastmaster 04-Jan-15
23-Dec-14
You can only use it on a doe if you have a valid antlerless tag for the WMU you are hunting in.

23-Dec-14
You cannot use a buck tag on a doe with anything but a flintlock license, using a flintlock, during flintlock season. Pg 42 of the digest, Bottom of left column.

23-Dec-14
With a flintlock license, using a flintlock in flintlock season, you can use your back (buck) tag on an antlerless deer anywhere in the state. It is not WMU specific.

23-Dec-14
Disregard phil's post. Totally confusing and incorrect.

23-Dec-14
It may have been misworded but not incorrect. I answered this from the first post - "I didnt think u could with a bow, but i talked to my stepdad yesterday and he recently spoke with a retired PA game warden from our area the other day and he said he thought u could with a bow too."

The "it" I was referring to was a bow, not the buck tag. I should have been more clear as in -

You can only use a bow for a doe if you have a valid antlerless tag for the WMU you are hunting in.

23-Dec-14
Phil you sound like a politician. :)

23-Dec-14
Good one Red! LOL

23-Dec-14
Merry Christmas Red.

I should know better than to assume folks know what I'm thinking.

24-Dec-14
~(8o)

24-Dec-14
Don't pick on Phyllis, or your phone will ring and he will scold you. Ask me how I know... Worst mistake I ever made was giving him my number. LOL

24-Dec-14
I've always believed it to be as Todd said... the buck tag is only bi-gender in the flintlock season, for a deer shot with a flintlock, with a flintlock license, but I could have missed a change.

You're wise not to blindly trust the word of a warden when it comes to game laws though. Seen em wrong too many times to put complete trust in them. Dcnr guys too.

24-Dec-14
Last I heard, it is exactly like Todd and Jeff stated.

24-Dec-14
Roy, Merry Christmas. :)

It is as Jeff and Todd said. If you want to use your bow, shoot a buck or have the appropriate antlerless license.

24-Dec-14
... or, if you're running low on tags... you could hunt small game :^)

24-Dec-14
There was a time when you could use your back tag for either sex in the late season. (up until late 80's??)

There was also a time, more recently, where crossbow hunters could use their back tag for either sex, in the late season, using a crossbow, with a muzzleloader license required. That one only lasted a couple years maybe?

Easy to get confused because some regulations are a moving target. I had to go check myself just to be sure before posting.

24-Dec-14

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Page 42 of the hunting and trapping digest.

24-Dec-14
That doesn't specify that the deer has to be shot with a flintlock.

25-Dec-14
Good God some of you guys really make simple things difficult. It reads "flintlock season". Wow.

25-Dec-14
It's also archery season!

25-Dec-14
Can I use live bait while ice fishing?

25-Dec-14
ok so i can shoot a doe with a bow then use my buck tag on a doe after christmas .well i never knew that they must have changed it then . before you always had to have a doe tag for a doe .it is hard to keep up on the rules

25-Dec-14
Shoot em...

25-Dec-14
jeff i f you cannot trust the game warden and the dcnr guys who do you trust to know the rules . they way they change things i do not see how they keep up on what is what anyway .

25-Dec-14
i am off so i most likely will i still have two tags left then . i can kill a doe statewide now

25-Dec-14
r c i think that roger guy might be a deputy what do you think ?

25-Dec-14
Maybe deputy dawg...

25-Dec-14
Joe, You can use your buck tag for a doe while flintlock hunting only in flintlock season. That is statewide.

Anyone hunting in the second season with a bow must either hold out for a legal buck or have a valid antlerless tag for the WMU they are hunting in.

25-Dec-14
thanks phil now we are making sense sometimes we try to read something that is just not there . i was wondering these guys almost had me hooked .i have been checked this year two times . no problems no fines thats the way i want it.

26-Dec-14
Guess they didn't do a brain scan huh Joe? :)

26-Dec-14
roy

well at least i have brain to scan if you know what i mean .

26-Dec-14
hvac tech

Just to clarify the rules on wearing an orange vest..........

It doesn't count when you have it stuffed in your pocket! LOL!

26-Dec-14
Red, he wants to keep it looking perfect:) LOL

26-Dec-14
r c well yes i am mr perfect .i had the vest on just not all the way . hey one little mistake nobodys perfect

27-Dec-14
What did you tell the warden, Joe? That the vest was too small and you couldn't get it on all the way?:)

r c well yes i am mr perfect

hey one little mistake nobodys perfect

Which one is it, Joe?:)

How about Joe, Almost Mr. Perfect?:)

27-Dec-14
r c well he was a young buck game warden and kinda felt sorry for an old guy still using a recurve . so he took it easy on me .hey you know i was in a hurry i had to go i had a call so he said well it is not like the old days were you do not need orange then you do .it was almost dark anyway i had my hat on

27-Dec-14
Joe, don't let RC bust your chops. He's color blind, and the last time we went crossbow hunting at the airport he wore a pink vest and hat........thinking it was orange, of course. We'll anyway, the warden met us on the other side of the drain culvert we use to sneak in and out. As you can imagine our list of citations was rather lengthy: baiting, trespassing, hunting out of season, killing multiple illegal bucks, etc.(all the usual stuff); but up to this day we'd always respected the safety orange reg'. Anyway, Roy's final citation was a $220 fine for "Sissy-pantsing".......No one's perfect. :)

27-Dec-14
roger, is it me or are some folks just dense?

Over on the Leatherwall one guy was lamenting the fact that Missouri wouldn't let them use a bow in gun season...or he would have been using the bow. Apparently he relied on another person's ignorance of the rules rather than check. It took me less than two minutes to find out it is quite legal in his state and always has been.

27-Dec-14
George, I've had guys quote me 25 yr old regulations, as if to infer that laws and reg's never change. It's sort of a wtf type moment that I can't keep from happening.....over...and over....and..

27-Dec-14
With all of the changes in recent years I keep my book handy for reference. I check it often just to be sure what is "in" or "out" on a given day. The orange requirements, youth this and that, etc,.......it can be confusing at times.

27-Dec-14
dave yea i agree to that statement problem is i do not think to many people really know the rules .they just think they do . in short it is confusing at times

27-Dec-14
this kinda reminds me of my old job at hedstrom when i was a tool maker. i had two game law books one at work to settle arguments then one in my truck to check on things .it was the same thing just different times .guys never really change they still like chew the fat .most of the time there is always a roy in the bunch that gets things started then sits back and enjoys the show . this is just online there is some good coming out of it roy is happy well maybe he is .

03-Jan-15
Can I use my buck tag on a doe in flintlock season... with a flintlock... and just tell everyone I punched my buck tag and leave it at that? lol

03-Jan-15
yea i will check the book shoot first then ask questions later .

04-Jan-15
Every time I read the book I get dumber.

• Sitka Gear