Ben Farmer 01-Jan-15
PAbowhunter1064 01-Jan-15
Matt Tierney 01-Jan-15
Aubs8 01-Jan-15
Rut Nut 01-Jan-15
lazer2 01-Jan-15
Gonzo 04-Jan-15
25-Dec-14
Since I have yet to fill my buck tag and the temps don't look to bad I think i will give late season a try. I got a nice creek bottom with crops all around so hopefully I can get a good chance on a big boy. Oh yeah since I always sell my compound around this time of year I will be taking my ben pearson mustang and its been deadly out to 18 yards. Good luck if anyone else is still at it as well. Merry Christmas fella's

26-Dec-14
Good luck to you lazer. I'm heading out now also

Bill v

26-Dec-14
Good luck Mike. I hope to get out to fill my doe tag. That's if I get over the Flu soon!

Dave

26-Dec-14
I was out today. Saw 15 does and they all looked nice and fat ready to survive the winter. I only have a buck tag left and I'm hoping for some colder weather to push the bucks up a little early hitting the food!

26-Dec-14
Hope you feel better dave...good luck if you get out. I'm going tomorrow evening after goose hunting.

27-Dec-14
I'm still trying to get my daughters their first deer. Went out yesterday with my 8 year old. The gamelands I'm hunting seem pretty void of life, let alone deer. :)

Mike

27-Dec-14
Good luck everyone. We're getting out this afternoon. Lazer', I have to ask, but why are you selling a perfectly good, new, less than a year old bow each year? Ya' gotta be taking a real beating in the wallet on that one.

27-Dec-14
I was wondering the same thing. I only ever sold one compound... and never bought another.

Instead of taking that big depreciation hit, maybe next year you could just rent one for a few weeks :^)

27-Dec-14
Mike I don't care how many bows you buy or sell or what you do with your finances, not sure why anyone else would either.

Good luck in the late season everyone. I'll be bowhunting Ohio after muzzeloader season is over if I don't get a couple with the inline first. Can't pass up an opertunity to get venison like that. Deer hunter first Bowhunter second and I'm ok with that.

Mike

27-Dec-14
Tree', Jeff and I don't care either; just trying to wrap my mind around that one. Curiosity proves to be the bane of my existence.......again ;)

29-Dec-14

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
Well, someone has to post one. Shot him Sat morn. Big mature broken six. Good to get him out of the herd. Back end was small, must have lost a lot of weight through the rut. Big frame, 152 lbs.

Bill V

29-Dec-14

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
This ones a little better

29-Dec-14
Way to go Bill. Still looking for a doe here.

29-Dec-14
Congratulations Bill!! Beat to get er' done in the late season!! :-)

29-Dec-14
Congrats Bill

29-Dec-14
Congrats Bill!

29-Dec-14
Nice! Zat a new bow?

29-Dec-14
Way to go, Bill!

29-Dec-14
Way to Bill. I love the late season!

29-Dec-14
Not a new one Dale. Bought it used last year. Really didn't hunt with it last year but put a dozen down with it this year

Thanks. Bill v

29-Dec-14
Why buy another bow? Heck it's troublesome to some if you buy a new one very year.....you buy OLD ONES every year! ROFL:) somebody's head is going to explode over that one!

29-Dec-14
Great buck Bill, I've taken several doe in the late bow season over the years n Ohio & PA but never a buck, and it's not from lack of effort. Came close a few times, what you did there is one heck of an accomplishment in my eyes.

Congrats Mike

30-Dec-14
I doubt it Dale. Buying like-new barely used bows from the guys buying them new every year sounds more logical.

30-Dec-14
Way to go, Bill! Love to see the late season bucks!

30-Dec-14
Awesome buck Bill! good luck guys

30-Dec-14
Congrats Bill!!!

31-Dec-14
Am I going to ruffle any feathers if I post a picture of my 9 year old with his first buck that he took with a crossbow? Beautiful buck and an amazing shot...

31-Dec-14
This site generally leaves youth kills up no matter the weapon.

31-Dec-14
Yup. I'd be fine with it

Congrats on your first buck!

Bill v

31-Dec-14
Button up tomorrow morning boys. It's gonna be a little chilly

31-Dec-14
Just promise to teach him the ways of the up and down bow. He will figure it out. Took my 4 year old granddaughter shooting her recurve bow today.

01-Jan-15

Dparkguy's embedded Photo
Chased from one hunting location at 4pm last Friday by a tresspasser toting a shotgun. My son tells me he wants to drive to our other hunting property which is 10 minutes away. We make the drive and get into our stand at 4:15. Big 8 pointer comes into the field at 100 yards and doesn't get any closer. I grunt a few times which gets him interested. He circles us at 5:05pm as the sun is almost gone. With the deer at 50+ yards, light fading my son tells me he can make the shot. He gets set and I stop the buck. I hear the crossbow go off and the buck jumps and runs back the way he came. 10 seconds later he is laying on the ground dead. Shot was 58 yards. Deer weighed 190lbs. One proud papa!!

01-Jan-15

Chased from one hunting location at 4pm last Friday by a tresspasser toting a shotgun. My son tells me he wants to drive to our other hunting property which is 10 minutes away. We make the drive and get into our stand at 4:15. Big 8 pointer comes into the field at 100 yards and doesn't get any closer. I grunt a few times which gets him interested. He circles us at 5:05pm as the sun is almost gone. With the deer at 50+ yards, light fading my son tells me he can make the shot. He gets set and I stop the buck. I hear the crossbow go off and the buck jumps and runs back the way he came. 10 seconds later he is laying on the ground dead. Shot was 58 yards. Deer weighed 190lbs. One proud papa!!

01-Jan-15
Awesome. Now that's a great smile

01-Jan-15
Great buck!! Congrats to your son!!

01-Jan-15
Congratulations to your boy! Nice shot, and an incredible buck! :)

01-Jan-15
Real nice buck. Tell him congrats

01-Jan-15
Congratulations! That is awesome for you and your son... what a great experience!

Congrats to Bill V also. Mike

01-Jan-15
Glad it worked out for your son! Congrats to you and your son!

01-Jan-15
Been sick lately haven't made it out. I dont buy a brand new bow ever year i buy used bows that are a year old then sell them and buy another used bow. I basically play with the same 500$ every year so as far as beating on my wallet none really.

04-Jan-15
Congrats Bill & to the young man also ! way to go

Pat

• Sitka Gear