hookman 06-Jan-15
ken 06-Jan-15
hookman 06-Jan-15
Traditional Beagle 17-Jan-15
J Myers 17-Jan-15
hookman 19-Jan-15
gobbler 21-Jan-15
01-Jan-15
Well what does everybody think of our new electronic system? My only complaint was that we had to wait till after midnight to purchase our 2015 license, otherwise I felt it went pretty smooth with the purchase.

01-Jan-15
I talked to Turk and his friend couldn't get a license today. The website wouldn't let them complete the transaction. They went to a couple of vendors and they said the DNR hadn't installed the software yet. They were going grouse hunting and he wasn't able to hunt.

02-Jan-15
It sucks---Only in West Virginia !

02-Jan-15
I thought you could buy you license onine last year.,

02-Jan-15
It's a new system and as with all new systems there will be some rough spots. It's already off to a 100% better start than Healthcare.gov

JR, I think you've got a new member for the WV Pessamist Club.

02-Jan-15
I tried purchasing my license yesterday as well and was not able to buy it. Gonna call today and see if the system is up. Irked me and everyone else there trying to get our license but one bump in the road for a better system is something I can deal with

02-Jan-15
If I wanna hunt this week where do I get license?

02-Jan-15
No lifetime license George? Call DNR, they will tell you what agents are connected and selling licenses.

You might want to try on-line again.

02-Jan-15
As long as your Walmart has an internet connection, they should be able to sell the license.

02-Jan-15
If people were having problems getting a license I bet there was a lot of illegal hunting and trapping yesterday.

02-Jan-15
I got mine online 5 minutes after midnight New Year's Eve and my brother-in-law and nephew got theirs at Walmart in the morning of New Year's Day ..

02-Jan-15
Hopefully it worked for most people

02-Jan-15
So is this the first time that a hunter could buy an online license?

02-Jan-15
Yes for the rest of the state except the eastern panhandle. They have been able to do it for years. Internet is just now starting to show up in the rest of the state. A few people are finally getting computers. They are on a party line system like the old telephones used to be, but that is expected to change in the next 5-10 years.

02-Jan-15
Greg you are a riot at times. Luckily I have had a computer for years and have been buying online .

03-Jan-15
So I thought that you could previously buy your license online like Hookman said. I know guys that have too despite living in the eastern panhandle. Lol. My question is why is the system down all of a sudden at the beginning of the year? Am I missing something? And I tried to check a Pendleton county spike in today on the new system and it rejected it.

03-Jan-15
And don't laugh Gobbler. I have friends in Pendleton county that have no internet access. For real. I guess they won't have to check in deer. I have no internet access at my cabin. I can get it off my mobile plan so I will be able to check it my deer electronically. The ones without it will just have to check their deer into the freezer. Lol

03-Jan-15
when did you kill it jr.tele check goes into effect in april during spring gobbler season

03-Jan-15
As I understand it you can phone it in too.

03-Jan-15
If he killed it Dec. 31 he had 24 hours to check it in.

03-Jan-15
But today is the 3rd

03-Jan-15
Never mind guys . It was a joke. So as I understand it. This was the first time ever that you could buy your license online.,

04-Jan-15
We all guessed it was a joke, at least I did. This was not the first time you could buy license online. I've been doing it for years. This is not a joke.

04-Jan-15
starting April 1st, 2015 there will be (3) ways to check game...

1. Internet- www.wvhunt.com

2. Telephone- Call 1-844-824-3251 (1-844-UCHECK1).

3. License Agent- stop at a license agent. You will not have to bring the animal with you.

You MUST have a new DNR ID Number (valid for your lifetime) to use the electronic game checking system.

this info (and more) was on a card give to me at a gun show yesterday by a DNR officer. He spent several hours giving them out and talking with people. Super nice guy by the way.

04-Jan-15
JR, people have been able to buy licenses on line for years. However this is a new or revamped system that allows people to check in electronically also. Before you could just buy a license , now you can do both. The system is now all interfaced so officers can get real time data on who has a license, what tags they have, how any deer they have checked in.

Limited licenses like doe tags, bear tags, and in the future elk applications can be applied for online .

04-Jan-15
You gotta set up an account now before you can purchase on line. You will get a user ID and password for future use. Just start by logging in at wvhunt.com

04-Jan-15
So why the big deal about the new system being down? Sounds like the old system was down at an inpportune time.

04-Jan-15
Ok thanks gobbler. Didn't read your post before I posted. What about lifetime license hunters?

04-Jan-15
You should be able to set up an account but you will probably need your lifetime card for your number.

04-Jan-15
Ok. I will set up an account.

05-Jan-15
Got another ? On this topic if you call and check one in and plan on having someone process it don't they require a tag and the same goes for a taxidermist as well and if that's the case what do you do?

05-Jan-15
good question Bennett. like to know the answer to that myself.

05-Jan-15
Tag always was supposed to stay with meat. You didn't have to have tag for taxidermist(which was stupid). I think they will give you a number now. Just have to keep that number I guess

05-Jan-15
All the taxidermist round here that I know of won't take it unless ya have a tag atleast that's been my experience anyway

05-Jan-15
Yep, I always had to have a tag for mounted game. The wardens actually came by taxidermist shops to check for the tags and possibly get leads of illegal kills.

05-Jan-15
I might be wrong but they only give you one tag and I think by law it's supposed to stay with meat.

05-Jan-15
Most western states have perforated tags. Part is supposed to stay with meat, part with antlers or horns with cape, and part for you to keep. I always wondered why WV didn't do that

06-Jan-15
My son had a lifetime license and when he set up his account his id number came up beside his name.

06-Jan-15
mine did to Donald id say there programed to do that

06-Jan-15
Thats a good thing.

17-Jan-15
Ok. So I purchased my license with some issues. I thought with all of my work experience on computers that this would be a breeze. The old system worked great when paying and printing. I have found while setting up my wives account that I cannot log in with the password that had already been approved in the system. Had to use the social security number option and the same thing with mine when I tried to log in to buy additional trout stamp. Which I was unsuccessful at. I believe the system needs some serious adjustments. Tab buttons don't respond correctly. The print option after paying didn't work. I had to log off and log back on and go to history to print. Way to much grief. Probably just my bad luck.

17-Jan-15
I tried to buy hunting license on the 16th. After I entered all of my info the system said I would receive an e-mail and click on the activation link. I never received an e-mail to do this. I went to good ole Wal-Mart today and the guy looked it up and I was in the system some how. He was able to print of my license there. I hope everything will be ok from this point.

19-Jan-15
On the issue of having a tag to give the taxidermist, you just give him your ID number and the DNR officer cann check it.

21-Jan-15
I set mine up today from my I-phone. Took less than 5 minutes. Worked like a charm.

• Sitka Gear