Stinkbait1 05-Jan-15
Okiebowdoc 06-Jan-15
Stinkbait1 07-Jan-15
SoDakSooner 07-Jan-15
jleger 07-Feb-15
Cottonwood88 26-Jun-15
Stinkbait1 29-Jun-15
02-Jan-15
Just wondering how everone's season went this year. I know some killed some nice deer and several of them at that......(Flatbowdad). My season was mixed as far as results are concerned. I saw deer on most of my outings but as of yet have not connected. My biggest problem has been swirling wind. I've just noticed that I just don't seem to see as many deer as I used to and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same. As I travel the roads and highways I just don't see deer where I almost always have seen them before. I drive about 50 miles through the country to work every day and could count the number of deer sightings in the past six months on one hand. I know this will ruffle some folks feathers but I'm wondering if the pendulum has begun to swing back the other way and that we are harvesting too many does. I'm hunting a 560 acre lease this year with incredible habitat and only four hunters. The most deer I've seen at one time is two. I would love to hear others thoughts on this issue.

02-Jan-15
The state biologist are saying there has been around a 40% decrease in the deer herd in the last few years were there has been an extreme drought condition. I do not know were you are hunting but that could be the problem.

02-Jan-15
Did some research. Probably should have done this before I posted. According to the ODWC website, the total number of deer checked so far this season, for all seasons is 97131 which is up pretty substantially from the 2013 total of 88009. 2012 was a banner year with a total of 112863 deer checked in. My county was down 20% from 2012 to 2013. They do not have results from this year broken down by county yet that I can find.

05-Jan-15
I hunt NE Oklahoma and my season was pretty good. I killed my biggest buck ever. I passed up several small bucks. As for deer sightings, I saw about the same number of deer that I usually do. I went to MCAAP and had the worst hunt I've ever had there. I only saw 2 deer from the stand. But, that's how it goes down there and I am fine with it. I was happy to get the opportunity to go and hope to get drawn in again soon. Now, if we could just get rid of the trespassers and thieves on my lease.

06-Jan-15
I can say worst yr. in a long time out western ok. seen less deer and not one shooter all yr. and not just me a lot of other hunters out this way say the same thing IMO numbers down 40 to 50%

07-Jan-15
I have a friend that lives near Woodward. He is not a deer hunter but has plenty of friends that are. I was visiting with him the other day and he asked me about our deer numbers in my part of the state. I told him it seemed about the same to me. He commented that his friends saw far fewer deer out west. He also commented that the fields he drives by everyday that he used to see 50+ deer on everyday were essentially devoid of deer the past couple of years. He said now if sees any deer on these fields, its maybe 1 or 2. He said his buddies that hunt feel it's the drought and EHD that caused it. I heard of some isolated cases of EHD on a couple of the bigger ranches east of Tulsa. But, I think the numbers have rebounded some over there.

07-Jan-15
Pretty lame season for me. Just didn't put the days in. I did hunt Big Mac and had opportunities on does several times but couldn't seal the deal.

I was too tied up with other projects to get out much. Even my CO elk hunt was probably the worst I have had as far as seeing elk and working them (fun nonetheless).

I never drew my compound back on an animal this year.

Good news is next season can't be much worse...lol.

07-Feb-15
blaine Co was pretty good but still seems slower than a few years ago

26-Jun-15
I had a great year, saw slightly fewer deer overall than years past though. I think our population is down across the state.

29-Jun-15
I am anxious to see how things play out this year. With the heavy rains pretty much ending the drought and all the lush new growth we have I can see antler growth being pretty good this year. Hopefully, the thicker cover will help with fawn survival as well.

• Sitka Gear