GVS 31-Jan-15
Pasquinell 31-Jan-15
stagetek 01-Feb-15
rick allison 01-Feb-15
GVS 01-Feb-15
GVS 01-Feb-15
Bow Crazy 02-Feb-15
02-Jan-15
Sherwood Forest Bowmen in Sussex will be hosting an indoor 3D brush shoot and an outdoor 3D shoot Jan 31, 2015. Shooting hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Breakfast, lunch, and beverages will be available. For more info contact Greg Szalewski at 262 853 4648. Address:N61 W25600 Walnut Rd. Sussex, WI 53089 Directions to clubhouse: http://sherwoodforestbowmen.com/ClubInfo/Location/tabid/60/Default.aspx

FYI: Sherwood Forest Bowmen will also be hosting the Wisconsin Traditional Archers 2015 State Shoot the week end of August 15,16,2015.

Dust off that stickbow and come on out and have some good old fashion archery fun.

03-Jan-15
Sherwood Forest Bowman - is this the club that has the elevated outside deck with a bunch of shooting stations?

03-Jan-15

Bow Crazy's embedded Photo
I've been two of the last three years with my sons and we have it on the schedule for this year. It's a ton of fun. Bring the kids, they will love it.

Here are some photos from last year. BC

03-Jan-15

03-Jan-15

03-Jan-15

03-Jan-15

03-Jan-15

If you don't shoot traditional bows just come for Ron's Chili. It will put a little pep in your step! BC

03-Jan-15
TF, you must be thinking of another club. We are in Sussex and the is at top of a big hill so I can get all kinds of shot angles. I even had 3 uphill shots last year. Maybe the roosted turkey will be back this year. One always has to be on guard for the rare and elusive snowgator. ;^)

03-Jan-15
Greg, I put the word out to our group. I am sure a few of us from Big Foot will get up there again this year. We really enjoyed the day at your club last time. The set up was fun to shoot and Ron's chilli was great. Even my wife who is not much of a chili fan enjoyed it. You all do an excellent job with this event.

Hope the stars align and we get to the state shoot at your club in 2015.

Bill

17-Jan-15
Greg I am sure myself and a couple of others will be making the trip from the Dodgeville area again! Great Shoot!

18-Jan-15
We look forward to seeing everyone again. Karen will have a couple pans of her egg bake for breakfast as usual. I will a camp fire going out on the course with a pot of hot water going for hot chocolate. Karen went to Goodwill and has a fresh supply of Xmas ornaments to shoot off the trees on the indoor range. If anyone has any old ornaments bring them along. All we can get now is plastic. I like the way the glass ornaments explode better.

24-Jan-15
I went out this morning and set up the outdoor range. They are all set at traditional friendly ranges. I tried to make the shot realistic so you may be grazing a piece of vegetation now or then. I have two up hill shots. Like I said I have made the ranges reasonably close so if you are new to trad come on out and give it a try. If you are not comfortable with a shot by all means get closer and just have fun. If any Bowsiters come out be sure to introduce yourselves.

29-Jan-15
Looks like I might make an appearance. Was planning on going to Southern Iowa knocking on doors but it looks like they might be getting some weather.

29-Jan-15
There also will be breakfast. Karen is making her almost as popular as the chilli, egg bake. Good stuff with lots of fixings as well.

See you there.

30-Jan-15
Had knee replacement 3 weeks ago...gonna have to watch for next year's event...sounds like fun.

30-Jan-15
Plus RC's chili is truly very good! I am missing this shoot and Kalamazoo....

30-Jan-15
Camp2, I have the WTA's box of youth bows packed. there is sure to be one for him in there.

The indoor range is all set to go. I can't believe all the help I had getting set up. The club is all cleaned up and ready for everyone.

31-Jan-15
Make that 73. Many thanks to all that made this a great shoot. All the way around it would be hard to improve on anything. Weather could not be beat. Many new faces. Lots of traditional archery enthusiasts. Thanks again, let's do it again.

31-Jan-15
RC did any bow site people show up for a free dinner?

01-Feb-15
I was there and had a nice time. Didn't get to the chili, but saw some folks I hadn't seen in a while, and did meet up with some friends from Ojibwa and shot the course. Nicely done.

01-Feb-15
Looks like a great time had by all. I'm a solo trad shooter among my buds so have to travel to these events as a single...so I haven't attended a shoot in years...really miss the old days.

So...any problems with a single joining a group? Works in golf, how bout trad archery?

01-Feb-15
Rick

Singles are very common in choosing to do our sport the hard way. By all means get to some of our events. I am sure you will very pleased. Wisconsin Traditional Archers members are very knowledgeable and helpful. It really is one big family. Go to our site and check up out. wistradarchers.com

01-Feb-15
I did spot at least two vintage Howatt's. One was in like new condition. It is hard to beat those for value.

02-Feb-15
We didn't make it. One son got called into work, the other my wife hauled back to college a day early ahead of the snow storm. Good call on her part, I didn't think so at the time... BC

• Sitka Gear