Contributors to this thread:
jstlou 05-Jan-15
Ace 05-Jan-15
jstlou 05-Jan-15
bigbuckbob 06-Jan-15
4x4cam 06-Jan-15
jstlou 07-Jan-15
05-Jan-15
Little River Natives will have blight resistant chestnut seedlings available for May 2015. Seed sourced from CT Agricultural Experiment Station Chestnut program. Excellent early October hard mast for white tail. [email protected] for more info.

05-Jan-15
Are these a hybrid, If so which variety?

How big/(old) are they, and how much do they cost?

05-Jan-15
Our seed has been collected from the CT Ag Station in Hamden, CT (Lockwood Farm chestnut program). Some of the seed is open pollinated and some has been controlled pollinated, all from blight resistant parents. Parent trees include Sleeping Giant, Little Giant, Lockwood, and some un-named hybrids. We will also have straight chinese. Most have some American genetics, but will not be true timber trees. The seedlings that we will have available in May will be 12 - 18" (some larger). They will be ready to be planted out after last frost. Tree tubes or fencing is recommended. Little Giant seedlings should bear a few nuts in year one. The others are 3-4 years. Price per $12.50 quantity discounts available. If you would like to email me I'd be glad to send you more info [email protected]

06-Jan-15
And remember, you can roast them on an open fire while Jack Frost is nipping at your nose. :)

This is going to be long off season.

06-Jan-15
I bought trees from these guys last year and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the trees. Already producing! Hope to have deer magnets in another year.

07-Jan-15
I posted this on the deer builder page as well and explained in more detail about our goal with selling these trees. Take a look if you are interested.

• Sitka Gear