Mountie CT 07-Jan-15
soapdish 07-Jan-15
Andyw 08-Jan-15
jdrdeerslayer 08-Jan-15
rbcss 09-Jan-15
BOBHUNT71 09-Jan-15
HunterBrad 09-Jan-15
05-Jan-15
Ok I voted yes but I would like to see less on the bag limits I only want hunting on Sunday so I Could work on Sat or go if it rain,s how many would say they would like less bag limits and not more time to kill more deer?

05-Jan-15
yes

05-Jan-15
Pretty excited I just got with a new program on long island for 2015 so yes or no for sundays ... I will be headed out of southport on sat nights . Just across the pond. Mass will never get sundays :-)...

05-Jan-15
Mass passed Sunday Bow last legislative session in the State Senate...It just didn't make it to the House...It's further along than CT.

I will believe it when I see it, both in MA and CT, but it just may happen in the next few years.

06-Jan-15
Yes Steve less tags .

06-Jan-15
yes but with 2 tags 1 each buck and doe

06-Jan-15
Absolutely agree that LESS tags with Sunday hunting provides more hours afield. More importantly, the state should be told it means more money in their coffers since hunters will be spending MORE each season for gas, food, etc. Money is all they care about. Just watch what Malloy does with taxes now that gas prices are way down so the state gas tax is taking a huge hit (based upon a percent of the gas price).

06-Jan-15
Yes but only with 2 tags regardless of weapon.

06-Jan-15
I concur. Sunday hunting gives us options. This year especially it seemed like Sunday's would have been better days to hunt, weather, wind, rain etc. I'm also a yes on less tags and also bring back the old tagging system. I'm 37 years old and I feel like those that are younger then me and never had to use the old tagging system, and never saw low deer populations do not respect the new system and often take advantage of it's leniency. It is too tempting for some.

06-Jan-15
I agree less tags and open up Sunday hunting.

06-Jan-15
Yes to less tags and going back to the old way of reporting it or at least having to check them in.

1 doe and buck 6 points or better.

06-Jan-15
Yes, and I agree with Buckiller; 2 tags period. Eliminate replacement tags.

06-Jan-15
yes

06-Jan-15
Yes to less tags and yes to Sunday hunting. I feel that we should go back to the 2 doe tag and 2 buck tags. No replacements.

06-Jan-15
Yes on Sunday and yes on less tags

06-Jan-15
Yes as to Sunday hunting and the former reporting system. I also agree with reducing the total number of deer that can be killed, eliminating replacement tags and removing the extension of the season where allowed into January. From my perspective the shooting of does after the second rut greatly affects the number of fawns born.

06-Jan-15
Yes as to Sunday hunting and the former reporting system. I also agree with reducing the total number of deer that can be killed, eliminating replacement tags and removing the extension of the season where allowed into January. From my perspective the shooting of does after the second rut greatly affects the number of fawns born.

06-Jan-15
Yes to Sunday hunting and less tags. Go back to old tagging system.

06-Jan-15
Yes on Sunday and no on less tags..... Instead knock the Orange army down to one week season for riffle/shotgun and also muzzleloader...... Also change back to old tagging and check in and also change the damn crossbow law back to just handicap...... Rant rant rant.

06-Jan-15
RIP I dont think that your game plan will work in areas like zone 11. The shortening of the gun season in my opinion will have little if no impact on the overall deer reduction numbers. Areas like zone 11 are for the most part bow only areas as the majority of the properties do not fall into either the 500ft rule or the 10 acre minimum, therefore the tag reduction would be the only viable alternative.

07-Jan-15
Yes to Sunday hunting private and State land. But think 4 tags archery and two deer allowed during all gun seasons private/State has to come out of those 4 tags .. except in zones 11-12 an additional either sex tag all weapons..............Lesser weapons law to include archery.......

We need to go back to the old tagging system or make you report the deer from your mobile phone before moving the animal...........

Also wish bucks had to have 3 points or more on one side, but that won't ever happen in CT..............

Right now you can kill:....................

2 deer - Archery zone 11-12 January...............................

4 deer - Archery Sep 15 - Dec 31.......................................

2 deer - Muzzleloader private.......................................

1 deer - Muzzleloader State land......................................

2 deer - Shotgun/rifle private........................................

1 deer - Shotgun State land...........................................

2 deer - replacement with muzzleloader zone 11-12.....................

2 deer - replacement with shotgun zone 11-12........................

1 deer - replacement muzzleloader zone 7............................

1 deer - replacement shotgun zone 7.................................

unlimited replacement tags archery zone 11-12................................

07-Jan-15
Yes for Sunday hunting.

Yes for tag reduction. Two deer is more than enough for the season, regardless of hunting implement used. Also, change the reporting system to include mandatory checkstation visit.

07-Jan-15
I like the minimum antler size added by Zack, wondering why I didn't think to add it :(

07-Jan-15
I say yes to Sunday bow hunting at least on private land but hopefully for state and private but no to gun hunting on Sunday.

As for less tags, I would propose 4 total tags. 2 antlerless, 1 either, 1 antlered.

You could use all 4 for archery season or 2 for archery and 2 for gun/muzzleloader season, but for gun/muzzleloader you could only use 1 antleless and 1 antlered. And they would count against your 4 total. Doesn't matter whether you hunt private, state or both. 4 tags per hunter per year total. No replacement tags. and get rid of January season.

Also, I love the idea of requiring at least 3 countable points on 1 side for it to be a legal antlered buck. No more taking young bucks. Also no taking of yearling does. Mature deer only.

Those are my thoughts. Take them for what you will.

07-Jan-15
Yes

07-Jan-15
Yes for all seasons locations and implements.

Indifferent on tag reduction.

07-Jan-15
Yes again. But only with a reduction in tags. Archery only. I would strongly oppose it otherwise.

07-Jan-15
yes with less tags and the January season in zone 11 is a total waste of time

07-Jan-15
Let us hunt on Sundays and ban hunting on another day, like a Monday or Tuesday instead?

07-Jan-15
Yes

07-Jan-15
Yes. Likewise with those who may only have one day to hunt, my kids are in the same boat with school and athletics. To give them an extra day would be a bonus.

08-Jan-15
Yes for Sunday hunting. I don't hunt on Sunday , but I believe it should be allowed for us. Yes, let's get back to the old tagging system for sure...this system is so abused by the the slobs it makes me sick to my stomach. I call them printable poacher tags.

08-Jan-15
I'd like to see them go to 2 bucks al seasons state wide and keep the replacement anterless tags I. Place in zones with issues....

09-Jan-15
yes, personally I have not taken more than 2 deer in any season.

09-Jan-15
I liked the old tag system it atleast felt like everyone was honest I see plenty of deer and they seem healthy at the current tag rate but I would like to see the state do a bounty system for coyotes even if it was to reduce the rate of your following season tag purchase . Even a $10.00 off for every coyote head turned in to a tag station could help get people out shooting them and improve our deer herd.

09-Jan-15
No replacements and 2 tags are more than enough for any hunter

• Sitka Gear