bigbuckbob 09-Jan-15
Bloodtrail 09-Jan-15
notme 09-Jan-15
CTCrow 09-Jan-15
notme 09-Jan-15
cuntrytocity 09-Jan-15
bigbuckbob 09-Jan-15
05-Jan-15
I just want to say thanks to the state for reducing fees for 16 and 17 year olds. While it is a small thing I think it's a step in the right direction. For 2015 I will make it a goal to introduce one kid into hunting. I hope everyone does the same.

06-Jan-15
I am the VP of the State of CT National Wild Turkey Federation. One of our goals this year in our "Save the Habitat, Save the Hunt" initiative is to introduce kids into hunting. We will be having several events this year to do just that. One is called "Jakes Day" which is a fun day for the kids. We have different events such as fishing, shooting, hiking etc.. Also there are several seminars in different parts of the state planned. I will post them as soon as I get the dates. Thanks for you interest. PM me with any questions that you may have.

08-Jan-15
NEW! Wild Turkey Hunting Seminars:

Learn how to hunt wild turkeys in the spring season, as well as specific techniques for using camouflage and calling. Safety will be discussed. Participants may bring their own eye and ear protection; shotgun with turkey choke; and turkey ammunition to use for patterning shotguns during the workshop.

Students are REQUIRED TO REGISTER for these seminars by calling the DEEP Wildlife Division at 860-424-3011.

Saturday, March 21, 2015, from 8:00 AM-2:00 PM, at the Fairfield County Fish and Game Protective Association (310 Hammertown Rd. in Monroe).

Saturday, April 4, 2015, from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM, at the Wildlife Division's Franklin Wildlife Management Area (391 Route 32, in North Franklin; directions)

09-Jan-15
Ace

I tried choking a turkey once, just about got beat to death by the wings. I think shooting them works better :)

09-Jan-15
BBB...this is a family site. We don't need to hear about you choking your turkey.

09-Jan-15
does choking a chicken count ?

09-Jan-15
I hope it was your own....

09-Jan-15
me too

09-Jan-15
Thanks for the info Ace, I haven't killed a turkey in the five years I've been trying, they're more challenging than deer in my opinion. But, I love hunting deer first and foremost, turkey hunting is really an excuse to get out in the woods.

09-Jan-15
That's a true story, I wasn't making a joke (well, I sorta was trying to).

Shot a bird, dropped to ground like he was stone dead. I picked him up by his neck and he immediately came to and started to beat me to death with his wings for about 30 seconds.

I was using a full choke,....on my gun and the bird's neck.

Don't understand it, I have so much experience choking him too??? ;)

• Sitka Gear