Ron Miller 16-Feb-15
Ron Miller 16-Feb-15
M.P. 16-Feb-15
Babysaph 17-Feb-15
M.P. 24-Mar-15
Jim Casto Jr 24-Mar-15
babysaph 24-Mar-15
08-Jan-15
Apparently we have a spy among us. I was just called by a DNR officer whose wants to remain anonymous that asked me how many deer I killed this year. He asked me where I checked them in. Apparently someone on here is having the DNR check deer kills he sees on here. Legal or not. I would suggest that you do not post pictures of your kills on here. I never post pics on here anymore. Even though the law is followed they are obligated to call and check on it. I don't mind because I don't break the law. I got a call earlier this past summer with a similar complaint. I was told this past summer that they get lots of complaints statewide from this guy. They know he has an agenda and really don't pay much attention to them. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

08-Jan-15
I have heard that since social media is so popular nowdays that the DNR(and not WV only) regularly check Facebook and other sites like this on a regular basis. Law enforcement has to change their techniques to keep up with technology.

A clue that used to be overheard at the local gas station is now a post on Facebook.

Actually, I don't mind it at all. If it helps them catch poachers or illegal hunting then I'm all for it. At least they don't have wire taps on our cell phones yet. ( I think, LOL)

08-Jan-15

M.P.'s embedded Photo
M.P.'s embedded Photo

08-Jan-15
When I kill something I'm going to continue to post pictures of it. I would encourage everyone to continue. That is one of the best things about bowsite , being able to see the pictures. Besides , if it's legal there's nothing to worry about.

If anybody poaches or illegally kills game I would also encourage you to post on as many sites as you can. The DNR can make good use of the money.

08-Jan-15
JR - I think probably what happened was someone saw your one post about shooting a spike and it was like January 3rd. I forget which thread it was but I was going to pm you and tell you to clarify that but things got hectic around here and I forgot about it. I don't know who did it but I think that may have been what happened.

08-Jan-15
No that is not the case at all. Wanted to know what I killed last fall. I am not stupid enough to post an illegal deer. Number one I don't kill illegal deer and number if I did I wouldn't post it. I like looking at pics too but not being called while I an working to answer questions about a legal deer I killed. Some may have time for that but I don't. If you kill deer and post about it you could be asked questions about is all I am saying. The phone call came from a visitor here that doesn't believe that all the deer he sees is a legal kill.

08-Jan-15
Agree with gobbler. Post pics and be proud. If you get a call from law enforcement be thankful that they are doing their job.

08-Jan-15
I remember that post too, I think I questioned the day too.

JR, it sounds like you're pretty ticked and no offense (sincerely), but you did mention that you tried to check a deer in 3 days after season is over. Not everybody may consider that a joke. This is on the World Wide Web and anybody can browse . I don't remember but I think people can browse but not post without being registered . But who knows, you may be right.

But that's still OK with me, I would rather take some inconvience if it meant that the DNR is investigating and arresting poachers and illegal hunting and fishing.

08-Jan-15
Guys, It was a sarcastic comment about the new DNR site not working. Again the call was not in reference to that comment but about a deer that was killed back last year. It was the second call I got from the DNR. The other last summer. I am great the DNR is doing their job too. And I know who the guy is BTW. They told me and he has a history of doing this. Like you said it doesn't affect me at all because I don't break the law. The call was not from someone just browsing this site by but someone that uses the site all the time. I had a long talk with the officer. The call was not made to investigate someone that broke the law but by someone that has a personal vendetta. Again, I am glad the DNR does their job but legal deer pics on here will not result in an arrest. I am aware however that some guys post illegal stuff too. Anyway just a heads up.

09-Jan-15
I agree with a lot said here. I don't kill anything illegal so no problem there and anyway the DNR can catch illegal hunters I'm all for it.

09-Jan-15
I'm all for it too but I don't want to be harassed

09-Jan-15
Not to change the subject but I hope it was Ken who called you, That would explain why he won't return the calls being put to him by the land owners where I hunted at. Between him saying no rifles allowed yet people rifle hunting at neighbors house and its a smaller yard to ask about allowing an urban hunt there to protect her pretty flowers.

I agree JR I would be pissed off like crazy if someone said I hunted illegally and illegally shot deer. No matter how many or few I shot. wanna see stamp and check-in. oh wait my tags are in the pot making deer tag soup.

09-Jan-15
Bubba, urban hunts are run thru the DNR regional district office. You contact them and one of the regional biologists comes out and evaluates the development. It has to have a home owners association. Actually, the home owners assoc. should contact the regional office. Then the biologist determines if a special hunt is warranted. By law, they have to be archery only. The final determination is made by the DNR director. The Commissioners have nothing to do with the program.

The regional offices actually have a packet of information made up just for the urban and/or Home Owners Assoc. hunts.

The reason I know this is because I helped organize a hunt for the development I live in a couple of years ago.

10-Jan-15
He doesn't just have a history of calling the wv DNR either. He makes up lies because he must be jealous or just plain out worthless.

11-Jan-15
JR, I tend agree with you, It's a shame that Some think that Everyone Hunts ILLEGAL UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT ! BUSYBODIES !!

I hear You Polishturkey ,,,,,,,,,LOL

God bless

Ron Miller

11-Jan-15
So if someone calls the DNR about a poacher and they do nothing, people complain. Now the DNR checks on someone who they think may have broke a game law and people complain. I just don't know what to think. Maybe people just like to complain, but I could be wrong I guess. lol

Really I think J.R. was just joking again to try and stir the pot. If he wasn't joking he would have named names

11-Jan-15
I am not joking MP. It's true. Most here know who he is. I will release name in due time. Lots of guys on here have been investigated.

11-Jan-15
MP just never question or criticize the "authorities" and you don't have anything to worry about. But if you do expect a visit from your local DNR.

11-Jan-15
Authorities usually have a sworn duty to do their job. If they don't then they are in derelection of their duties.

When I was working in the ER I had to treat everyone the same whether they were a nice little old lady or an intoxicated XXXhole that was cursing and spitting at me. I didn't like it but it was my oath to treat them both to the best of my abilities .

If it is an authority, then they are doing what they are supposed to do. If I posted that I tried to check a turkey in out of season or even posted a picture of a gobbler in March then I wouldn't be suprised if I got a visit from the local game warden. I wouldn't feel that I was being singled out for anything.

I've posted a lot of animals on bowsite and have never been questioned from the DNR about any of them.

Come on guys, like MP said, DNR law enforcement is complained about for not doing anything and complained about for doing something.

12-Jan-15
What bownut said. I know lots of guys that have investigated that don't break the law. Seems that takes time from officers that need to catch the real poachers.

12-Jan-15
gobbler is right. They have to look into each complaint. I was told that.

12-Jan-15
Heck gobbler I can get you investigated in you feel left out. LOL. If someone posts a deer on here and I don't like it I can call and start a story about how I heard it was killed and they will pay the guy a visit.

12-Jan-15
I meant to say I know a lot of guys that have been investigated in my earlier post

12-Jan-15
Go ahead and report me. My cabin is over a mile away from the nearest neighbor and sometimes I get lonely. I could use the company, and have somebody to have a cup of coffee with. LOL

12-Jan-15
This is as good as place as any to repeat this. Since this is a bit of a down time for the DNR police and most people in general, now is a great time to call them up and meet them. Offer to meet somewhere and have a cup of coffee. That way they can get to know you and visa versa. It may very well create a better working condition if the need arises in the future.

12-Jan-15
I agree gobbler. I have a good report with the CO's here in Jefferson county and in Pendleton county.

13-Feb-15
JR, I was getting ready to go run my trapline yesterday and when I came around the house there was a Game Warden pulling into my driveway ! LOL When he got out of his vehicle and saw me with a 1911 22 and camo on, nope didnt have my housecoat on sorry to say, although I have checked traps in it. He said, are you Ron ? I said, lol, WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG ? He looked kinda funny and said what do you mean ? I said the pic of me and last years furs and the 4 bobcats, Kinda late aint you ? He said that he got a call to investigate me, because of the pic on the Bowsite, I said I know it, what took so long ? It's common knowledge we got BOWSITE POLICE AMONG US AND I POSTED THAT PIC WITH INTENT ! LOL, Just suprised that you were this long making my acquaintance. Come on in, I showed him my furs and all my critters mounted and drying, even showed him my freezer without him asking, we talked and we knew quite a few of the same people as he was a retired State Trooper, I will say I liked him, a nice guy and He's even going to bring his son who is 12 years old up sometime and we are going to have a trapping course, LOL, --As he left he said he couldnt figure out who might have reported me since he read all the stuff on the trapping site and it seemed like I was POPULAR ! LOL, As Tom stated earlier I said the Authorities, you know busybodies, dinkheads, cant say the Other word so I will say dink, lol, we got a couple guys and as JR said we all know who they arem I told him they were Jealous, They aint killed 5 deer between them and they have no life except Meddlers , LOL, I told him to tell his Captain that I will see you or 1 of the other two Officers to as I have this years pic to post yet, LOL, and Yes, I have all the paperwork on order, as I had for him yesterday !

and to you that are the POLICE AMONG US, I LOVE YOU !

Ron

13-Feb-15
I will say it again------I LOVE YOU !

13-Feb-15
I forgot, I told him 1 was a Political Hack and the Other 1 was a Drunk that Heard Voices- or Demons ! LOL

I LOVE YOU !

Even if you both are DINKHEADS !

Hilarious isn't it ? LOL

Ron Miller

13-Feb-15
" I POSTED THAT PIC WITH INTENT"

" have no life except meddlers"

Uh, ok? If that is what happenned other than someone performing their sworn duty then I think I hear a pot calling a kettle.

I personally don't find that much LOL involved with an officer following up on a tip, lead, investigation or whatever it was. I'm glad that you got such a kick out of it.

If the trick or set up or whatever it was pulled an officer from another investigation, or had an accident and got killed or killed others coming to investigate a trick I hope that it wouldn't have been so funny to you. Do you enjoy setting up prank 911 calls too? While Im always up for a good joke I'm just not sure setting up tricks to get the police involved is a wise decision, but that's just my opinion. I wonder now that since they are technically police if any trickery with THE INTENT to create the illusion of a crime to prompt a visit from the police is a crime? Now that would be LOL funny.

I know you will come back with some comment, so this will be my last post on this thread. Maybe next time you're preaching in front of your congregation you can tell them the story to see how funny they think it is too.

13-Feb-15
That's one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I noticed those four cats that you and your brother trapped and wondered, how long it would be before you got the visit.

Set, game, match. Sometimes it's just too easy. :^)

13-Feb-15
So what your saying is I shouldn't post the picture of the polar bear I trapped last week using the left over eagle meat that it might get ya in trouble

14-Feb-15
“Bennett2012 wrote: So what your saying is I shouldn't post the picture of the polar bear I trapped last week using the left over eagle meat that it might get ya in trouble”

No, that’s not what he’s saying at all. This whole thread is about those “among us” who routinely call DNR Law Enforcement when they THINK a violation MAY have taken place—not when they KNOW one has taken place. If we were talking about bonafide violations, I say, THROW THE BOOK AT THEM.

This is the third time, I know of, in the last few months this individual has sent law enforcement to investigate NOTHING. This person is the one who’s responsible for sending the law enforcement on bogus investigations.

All he had to do was read Ron’s post in his QDM thread. Ron clearly stated his brother ran the traps sometimes. Two guys can legally take six bobcats—they only took four.

I’m guessing Ron’s INTENT was to post the picture, knowing the “spy” (as J.R. put it) would jump to his usual conclusion, rather than reach a logical explanation.

I guess there’s an upside to this. Ron made a new friend in the DNR Law Enforcement officer, and will get to help his son learn about trapping.

14-Feb-15
Someone needs to PM me with who this spy is - I am lost on it! LOL

I truely do think most of the guys on here are pretty good even though we have some differences in opinions. I am hoping I am not just really clueless on this....

14-Feb-15
I wonder if it's the same internet police that used the internet to set up a prostitution sting on the computer and catch the Wetzel County school Superintendent here in Charleston night before last .

Ya'll act like it's some big joke. But Law Enforcement Agencies are using the internet just like everyone else is .

I wonder how long this friendship will last after the officer finds out that he was an unwilling participant in some sort of elaborate hoax. Maybe Im not getting it but I still don't understand what the jest of the joke is. If it is to waste an officers time then I guess Ron pulled off a good one?

14-Feb-15
Elaborate hoax? Gee Whiz.

The joke is on J.R.'s spy, not the officer or DNR. As I read his post, Ron, told the officer exactly what happened. They became friends after he found out he was the last link in the "elaborate hoax."

Of course there was no hoax, just a knowledge that this guy can't help himself from trying to make trouble for folks, even if there's no there, there.

I think it's hilarious. The guy is so transparent--and easy. I think Ron should take up fishing. He sure knows how to reel them in--not to mention a proven spike killer. :^)

14-Feb-15
I don't believe it was anything done to waste a game wardens time believe a picture was posted and someone didn't know the facts behind the picture before they had someone look into it so they would be the reason time was wasted

14-Feb-15
Well I don't know all the details and facts, but when some one writes " I POSTED THAT PIC WITH INTENT ! LOL"

It just made me wonder if it was a hoax or set up.

Again, I love humor and jokes, but I know that I and at least most reasonable people at least in my opinion draw the line when it comes to involving police officers.

14-Feb-15
gobbler, I think what Ron and JR are saying is that there are a couple of well known guys to most of us who lurk on here and watch for stuff to report even when no violation has taken place--they jump to unwarranted conclusions and rather than contact the party who posts with any question they may have they blow the whistle on them causing the law enforcement people to have to go check the report. The lurkers are the ones who are causing the unnecessary trips for the officers. Ron just sort of proved it by posting a picture of what was a perfectly legal take with his trap lines he and his brother run. Erroneous conclusions were (again) made and the law called on him. Just proved his argument.

14-Feb-15
Well, maybe there are. But, using an example of that Wetzel County school Superintendent that got caught up in a prostitution sting by law enforcement here in Charleston night before last. I know that police officers routinely use the internet and moniter social media to catch people it just seems irresponsible to me to use that to try and prove some point( for what purpose I'm still at a loss for), but that is just my opinion. I don't really have a dog in the fight so It dosen't bother me except that an officer was used to try and prove some point.

Since bobcats are classified as a "spotted cat" and covered by Federal control thru C.I.T.E.S. (Committee for International Trade in Endanged Species), it just seems a little silly to purposely open oneself up to State and possible Federal investigation just to try to make some point which may or may not be true, and even if were proven to be true doesn't accomplish anything except the ability to laugh at an inside joke.

But if that's how Ron wants to spend his time then that's his choice and right.

14-Feb-15
Thank goodness you posted, Dr. Dave. Apparently, I wasn't making it clear. Your post describes EXACTLY what's been going on--for years, no less.

gobbler wrote: "Again, I love humor and jokes, but I know that I and at least most reasonable people at least in my opinion draw the line when it comes to involving police officers."

Couldn't agree more. These guys need to knock it off and quit wasting the time and resources of these officers. I've got no trouble reporting legitimate game thieves, but this "think so" stuff is getting out of hand.

14-Feb-15
Jim one good thing about it is that while Ron is being harassed by the internet police he is not picking on me on the hog hunt thread any more. :o)

14-Feb-15
I think I'm finally starting to understand this and in the back of my mind I can see how a plan may have been hatched on a recent hog hunt in Florida.

Just for the sake of debate, say I see a possible game violation on bowsite and we'll use the bobcats for example since we're talking about bobcats. I call the DNR and say There's a guy on bowsite that has 4 bobcats. They don't automatically drop what they are doing and go rush out looking for the guy. They do what every other law enforcement agency does, they take a report and investigate. In this case they can look at bowsite and see 4 bobcats. At that point, they can make a determination as to whether the tip is a valid tip or not. If they determine that it is not valid, they have no obligation to pursue it any further. If they feel like its valid then they can continue the investigation. That's likely the reason that Ron asked the question as to why it took them so long?. They were probably investigating to see if it was a valid tip or complaint .

That is if it were a tip or complaint and not discovered internally. Maybe the reason it took so long was because whoever monitors the social media sites was behind? I don't know.

I don't have a problem with someone turning in a tip about a possible game violation, In fact I'm glad they do. That's how the majority of game violators get caught.

If it worked out for you guys and you feel you made some point and was able to get a laugh out of it then good for you , I guess. Maybe it's just me but the whole thing seems silly cause I don't see what the purpose or end point is?

While I can't think of any reason why it would be wrong or illegal to report a possible game violation to the DNR and let them sort out if it's a valid tip or not, I do wonder if purposely posting something on a website and writing that it was the "INTENT" to provoke a police response is somehow illegal in the same vein as a false 911 call would be. I don't know the answer to that and that's up to other people to decide. It just all seems silly and childish to me, but if I were so inclined I sure don't think I would use an animal that is covered thru the Federal and International Endangered Specie act to do so, but that's just me. Again, I don't have a dog in the fight so I don't really care.

14-Feb-15
I think you're thinking too much--way too much. Nothing cooked-up, no conspiracy. It is what it is. As the thread title says, we've got a guy on here that needs to be the, "Internet police among us," and this time the jokes on him.

:^)

14-Feb-15
gobbler, this was not even considered on the Florida hog hunt. No plot was hatched I assure you. I would be no part of that.

14-Feb-15
Ok Dave, I beleive that. I admire you and consider you a man of high character and values. I have no issue with taking your word for that.

Thanks, Greg

14-Feb-15
JW, maybe it's just me but I just don't get the joke or how it's on anyone.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say I turned Ron in for 4 bobcats ( I didn't just for the record), and they investigate and determine it may be a valid tip, then they go and investigate him. I don't know what all that entails nor how long it takes. I'm thinking it takes a while to go thru furs, check traps, question him and stuff.

This all occurs because I report what I feel may be a violation, the same that I would do if I saw a single person dragging 2 bucks out of the woods on opening day of gun season. Doing what, at least in my opinion is the right thing to do. How would the joke be on me?

Now, the facts that I gather from what I read above is that Ron set himself up with the intent of getting himself investigated I do find a little humorous on him but not on anyone else.

Again, maybe it's just me but I don't get it.

Plus, I don't see how any of it proves anything one way or the other. Tips, by law have to remain anonymous unless the person providing the tip choses not to be anonymous. Any officer that reveals an anonymous tip without the consent of the person providing the tip, is breaking the law.

Again, going back to what I said before, I just don't see the purpose of the whole set up. What does it achieve? It dosen't prove anything, and even if it could prove something, all it could prove is that someone gave the DNR a tip on what they felt could be a game violation. Which is what I would hope that all honest sportsmen would do.

14-Feb-15
Well, this is the only way an officer will respond....If its on the web for them not to leave the security of their comfy chair...

If they have to go out and actually start from scratch...no dice.

14-Feb-15
Gobbler, can I help you? I see you have used my name in the last post.

I remember the good old days when people would post their pictures on here. I enjoyed seeing every ones hunting trips and game that they were blessed to take. It seems to me that people don't post pictures like they did.

14-Feb-15
I can guarantee that DNR law enforcement has someone in a chair(I don't know if it's comfy or not) reviewing sporting and social media sites on a regular basis, as well as every other law enforcement agency in the nation monitoring whatever their focus is on.

They wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't.

14-Feb-15
My apologies, I guess I don't know ya'll that well. I guess there are two of ya'll . Father and son I'm assuming. Again I apologize for my confusion.

14-Feb-15
Dr. gobbler,

I’ll assume you addressed that question to me.

I can’t help you. I can’t make it any plainer than Dr. Dave’s earlier post did. Not trying to be trite here at all, but I think your analytical mind is keeping you from seeing the tree for the forest. To my notion, all your posts in this thread and the scenario’s, examples, and opinions, while interesting for discussion, are beyond the context of the initial discussion.

This has nothing to do with DNR monitoring the Internet, spotted cats, CITES, a whore mongering Wetzel County superintendent, car wrecks, turning in poachers, illusions of crimes, etc., etc.

I think it’s pretty simple, and still find it funny. Maybe you just have to be a simple-minded guy, like me to… get it.

One last try…. maybe. You remember the tattle-tell in your 4th grade class? Well… at least she was on the mark when she told on everyone. In this case, a known busybody got exposed for being the busybody he is, and he’s batting 0 for the last 5.

14-Feb-15
I can be simple minded too( I do it all the time, just ask my wife), so I'll take it in that direction. What I see are a bunch of high-fives and whippees over what appears to be a big win. Maybe it is as simple as that, but what I haven't seen is any proof of anything. Even when I try and tone my IQ down and look at the forest I still want to see proof that it is a forest.

So, I'll ask a fairly simple question, where is the proof and how was the proof obtained ?

Even if I see proof that one specific person is responsible for turning in 4 possible game violations, or even if there was proof that 1 individual was responsible for every investigation of every possible game law violation in the state last year I would be wanting to give that person an award. I don't like poachers or game law violators.

JW, (and I hope I got it right this time), I like seeing pictures too, I post mine and I don't think anyone that dosen't have anything to hide should have any concerns about posting a picture. I posted a picture a couple of weeks ago of a bobcat that I caught.

I still don't think that posting a picture as some sort of set up with the intent of trying to prove some point that in the long run dosen't really mean anything does anybody any good. But that's just my opinion and has nothing to do with what Ron has the right to post or not post.

14-Feb-15
"gobbler wrote: Even if I see proof that one specific person is responsible for turning in 4 possible game violations, or even if there was proof that 1 individual was responsible for every investigation of every possible game law violation in the state last year I would be wanting to give that person an award."

Ahhhh, FINALLY... I think we've found our impasse.

You're seeing an award-winning savior of wildlife; I'm seeing a busybody that takes pleasure in harassing folks.

Now I understand. Impasse, it is.

14-Feb-15
Well I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

And I'm still waiting on the proof.

14-Feb-15
gobbler as long as you don't question the "elites" of the wvba you have nothing to worry about. It is us older members who questioned some of the stuff that went on that they want to harass. I'm sure if your in the organization long enough it will happen to you as well.

14-Feb-15
That might happen in the future, I don't know. But with the way I speak my mind and voice my opinion it's not out of the realm of possibilities. But I can say that in the two years I've been vocal with my opinions and have had a few disagreements, I have never once felt forced to do something or told I had to do something.

I know I've went on and on about this but here's my problem.

Ron posts a picture of 4 bobcats.

An officer shows up to question Ron about the cats.

Then all of a sudden there's hoopla that someone got caught, hook, line and sinker.

Then an accusation is made that it's one person. And let's assume for a minute that you are right.

How was that conclusion obtained? How do you know it was one person? How do you know it wasn't someone else? How do you know that 10 people didn't turn him in? How do you know that the DNR didn't discover it themselves?

I don't know the answer. I'm not privy to that information.

Let's assume that I might even believe you if I saw proof.

I've asked for proof several times but have not seen any. And it may just be my nature, but that makes me suspicious.

Without proof, my suspicion leads me to believe that it's just speculation. Tell me where I've missed something or where I am wrong.

And since this was all posted on the open forum lets keep it on the open forum. No private messages. Let's keep it transparent and open like the initial post and celebration.

And lastly, and I say this with no personal disrespect to anyone in general and only as an example, if I posted something for example a buck before season or a picture with an over limit of bobcats, turkeys, or a dead bear in a bait pile and got a visit from a DNR officer I wouldn't consider it getting hassled, and could look in the mirror and blame myself for breaking the law and being stupid enough to post it. Again, that was a general comment and not directed at anyone in person.

14-Feb-15
gobbler why do you act like you don't know who this is that is turning people in? You are a physician and even when you tone down your IQ you should know exactly who this jerk off is. If you truly don't know, ask your buddies in that organization who have let him do whatever he wants for years.

15-Feb-15
Well I don't, I have heard stories over the years about several people and disagreements between different people and accusations of this or that but to actually know or have proof of any one person, no I do not, and I am not going to base an opinion on stories or second hand information, and it's looking more and more like I won't see any proof.

However, with the tone and name calling it's starting to sound like more of a personal vendetta of some sort than a true concern over someone getting reported to the DNR over a post or picture, and quite honestly at this point Im not sure I want to know any details or see any proof. I would rather expend my energy and focus on the future than dwell on the past so I'm going to politely excuse myself from this conversation.

Besides, in a month I'm not going to be on the board and will just be a regular member again, so I won't have anymore voting privleges or influence than a regular member does. When a decision had to be made whether to run again or not I didn't know which direction my health would take me and didn't want to make a commitment that I wasn't sure I could keep.

15-Feb-15
Gobbler, if someone posts a picture on here they obviously aren't trying to hide something. When you posted the picture of your bobcat did the conservation officer come visit you? I just hope these harassment people never get any real authority, this could be viewed as an abuse of power.

15-Feb-15
Yea I was told by a DNR friend over here that they are getting a lil tired of checking into calls that this guy makes but they have to. It's sad that tax dollars are being used and manpower wasted to look into these bogus complaints. It all started for me when I made some sarcastic comments that I was having trouble using the new electronic check in system right after bow season ended. Apparently that went right over someone's head and he reported me killing a deer out of season. Not only would I not do that but sure wouldn't post it here. In fact I will never ever post any of my kills on here again. From now on I kill nothing. What if we all reported something suspicious about every picture we saw on here? It would run the DNR ragged., maybe thats why they can't catch the good ole boys that spotlight deer where I hunt.

15-Feb-15
Yea I was told by a DNR friend over here that they are getting a lil tired of checking into calls that this guy makes but they have to. It's sad that tax dollars are being used and manpower wasted to look into these bogus complaints. It all started for me when I made some sarcastic comments that I was having trouble using the new electronic check in system right after bow season ended. Apparently that went right over someone's head and he reported me killing a deer out of season. Not only would I not do that but sure wouldn't post it here. In fact I will never ever post any of my kills on here again. From now on I kill nothing. What if we all reported something suspicious about every picture we saw on here? It would run the DNR ragged., maybe thats why they can't catch the good ole boys that spotlight deer where I hunt.

15-Feb-15
Sorry for the double post. The best way to not involve the police officers is to not make bogus calls on here about people that the caller knows nothing about. I could make up a story about how I know a guy that has an elk on his wall that he killed in WV. He killed it when one of the Kentucky or Pa deer wondered over into WV. The elk could have been on his wall for 25 years and he would have to go back and prove where he killed. In fact it could be an elk his dad killed and it was left to him when his dad passed away. A pure nightmare and a waste of resources. I was going to post a pic of my elk but thought better of it. I could post my leopard I just killed in Africa But since there is a rumour they were spotted in Pendleton county I was afraid to.

15-Feb-15
"gobbler, I think what Ron and JR are saying is that there are a couple of well known guys to most of us who lurk on here and watch for stuff to report even when no violation has taken place--they jump to unwarranted conclusions and rather than contact the party who posts with any question they may have they blow the whistle on them causing the law enforcement people to have to go check the report. The lurkers are the ones who are causing the unnecessary trips for the officers. Ron just sort of proved it by posting a picture of what was a perfectly legal take with his trap lines he and his brother run. Erroneous conclusions were (again) made and the law called on him. Just proved his argument." BINGO

15-Feb-15
Having a picture of 4 Bobcats on this site does not warrant an investigation. I just bought a new fj cruiser but It doesn't mean I need to be investigated because "maybe I stole it"

15-Feb-15
This site is getting out of hand. Now if you don't mind I think I will go finish plucking the feathers out of my bald eagle. Lol hahaha

15-Feb-15
I once dragged two bucks out of the woods on opening day. One was mine and one was more poor old dads. He was crippled with arthritis and could barely get himself out of the woods. I'm glad I wasn't stopped . I would have been in a pissy mood. Lol.

15-Feb-15
Gobbler , what if I called the DNR and told them that billy goat I saw in one of your pictures was taken illegally and brought back into WV? And I had no proof of it but saw a picture and was just pissed you had a nice goat and I wanted you to have to go through a bunch of crap to prove where you killed it. And what if you didn't have the paperwork to show where you killed it.? ( your wife through it away because she thinks you are a hoarder). You would be in a heap of trouble. That is our whole point about this mess.

15-Feb-15
Uhh I was told by a DNR guy who it was but I already knew.

15-Feb-15
"And lastly, and I say this with no personal disrespect to anyone in general and only as an example, if I posted something for example a buck before season or a picture with an over limit of bobcats, turkeys, or a dead bear in a bait pile and got a visit from a DNR officer I wouldn't consider it getting hassled, and could look in the mirror and blame myself for breaking the law and being stupid enough to post it. Again, that was a general comment and not directed at anyone in person."

If you did this you would be stupid and you are right you should get paid a visit. But legal kills don't need to be investigated like this just because someone wants to cause grief for the hunter.

15-Feb-15
I am sort of a late comer on this matter but from the way I see it - looks like maybe both sides are going to extremes over a couple of things:

First: JR when I read your post back then about the one deer kill - I knew that you would not do anything illegal and I really did mean to say something to you in a PM that you might want to clear things up and I just got busy back then I forgot to do so. So I could see where someone could have took it wrong and think you could have done something wrong - now for me before thinking about turning you in I would have contacted you about the matter to let you clear it up.

Second: with Ron's pic of the bobcats. Ron has contacted me and offered any help what so ever on trapping and he knows me from Adam! My opinion of Ron is that he seems like a pretty good guy and a funny guy. Now, I look at the regs and see it says that you have a season limit and a Possession limit of 3 bobcats. So if I even thought he could have done something wrong again I would PM him and say hey make sure you clear things up with that pic it shows something questionable.

And again I think most guys on here are pretty darn good guys. Gobbler and I have had some good chats and I really think he is a good guy. I think he does a lot to promote our sport and I see where he is coming from here.

Yes, it would be nice if we post something on here that someone has a question with it would be better for the person to contact us first(for me it would) but there are some people who have a way of thinking that it is best for them not to personally get involve and let the authorities do it. Is it wrong - not really. What about the person who sees a lot of late traffic going into a neighbor's house and thinks it a crack house or something. May not be the best example but I can see someone else's reasoning to call the authorities first - I think with the first two examples with JR and Ron it doesn't make them a dinkhead in these circumstances in my opinion, but a different approach would have been nice LOL.

Now in JR's case I would be upset also if law came to my place of employment or my business and interrupted my job and just the way that would look to my clients - man that would really tick me off. I bet if they had called you at home - I would be surprised if you would have mentioned it. I think if they came to my work I would have the feeling of being guilty before being tried on the matter. I do think you deserved more respect and should have gotten better treatment as in better timing of the investigation procedure. Good gracious they have to make public announcement of a DUI check point in the paper but they cannot give a private citizen a little heads up that they need to speak to you????

Now from the sounds of things - maybe there is more going on but from the two things I know of - doesn't sound like terrible things were done but again maybe a little different method of handling things could have been done to assure the law was not broken.

15-Feb-15
I personally welcome any means of law inforcement to catch poachers and criminals that will help take them out of the equation of hunters. The public looks at us as a group that calls themselves hunters and sportsmen. To take the bad apples out of circulation is a bonus for all of the true sportsmen. Most of us have complained about poachers and some has helped to get fines increased. Thank you Gobbler for your part in that.

15-Feb-15
Well JayD you are right but I wouldn't be dumb enough to post it on here.

15-Feb-15
Well they called and talked to me and they were very professional. They didn't show up at my office but it is not unusual to have DNR or police cars in my parking lot. Some of them are patients. They know who the caller is and what he is all about and do not pay much attention to it. And Im all for turning real poachers in. In fact I'm still trying to get them to catch the Poachers in Pendeton county.

15-Feb-15
JR - exactly I know you wouldn't be dumb enough and did not mean it that way at all. Good gracious we all put things on here that can be mistaken - looks right to us but someone else sees what we post totally different then what we meant it to mean - that is why it would be nice to be given a heads up. And again I would have been ticked just like you were - about them doing that to you at work!

15-Feb-15

gobbler's Link
This was in the paper today and I thought it was related to the topic.

15-Feb-15
Excellent article, but not related to this discussion in any way. Well... at least the discussion most of us were having.

15-Feb-15
Law enforcement agencies of all sorts make cases on a regular basis from various Internet sites. Before Al Gore invented the Internet, they made them from print editions of newspapers.

15-Feb-15
This idiot has been doing it for years. The example Dr Chambers gave actually happened to my dad. We had a great hunting season years ago and one of my closest friends wrote an article for the voice. This piece of trash who was an editor of the voice at the time changed the story before printing it, so it made it sound like my dad did something illegal. He then called the ohio and wv DNR and reported my dad based on his own made up story. Only difference in Dr Chamber's example and my dads is that we keep all tags and paperwork. The officers apologized to us and way back then told us they were tired of this guy. I don't even remember how long ago it was, but he's been a pathetic, sorry person for years.

16-Feb-15
Sounds like we need to delete this thread, its kind of a heads up to guys that like to brag about their poached kills. Because they catch poachers all the time on social media, so i would not be surprised, one bit if someone on here is actually a Game Warden, heck it could be me it could be any of us. Some people do nothing but complain about the DNR so that kind of makes you look guilty, let them do there jobs. If they come to your house and your not guilty then you have nothing to worry about, but this thread is kind of making there jobs harder than they already are. I mean the only people that usually hate the police are criminals!!

16-Feb-15
No anti-law enforcement or complaint about the DNR or its enforcement officers that I see but rather anti-harasser complaints (more than one for sure). Noone who has posted to this thread is pro-poacher. What I see is an issue of an individual who likes to harass other folks who didn't do anything wrong. Seems it has gone on a long time. Looks like the individual has been "outed" by some law enforcement folks from what I read. Usually that individual knows the folks personally that they turn in through the WVBA and could easily give them a call and make some inquiry but chooses not to.

I agree though that the life of this thread has about run its course--like the x-gun thread. Seems some of these threads just keep rehashing over and over the same stuff. By now people either get it or they don't about the issue here.

I am finding that often posts on the WV forum are turning into shouting matches rather than fraternal discussions on bowhunting. I am convinced we all have much more in common than we have differences. I would encourage more civil discourse here. There is enough of shouting over others on the news and talk shows. :o) Life is too short for that.

16-Feb-15
It would have been better if not started in first place. Sites like this are a good place for DNR police to catch criminals.

16-Feb-15
I agree 100% David Mitchell, I joined Bowsite so i could talk with others about what love and that is bowhunting, and if we are fighting with each other, than the Anti-Hunters the real ENEMY is winning

16-Feb-15
I agree 100% David Mitchell, I joined Bowsite so i could talk with others about what love and that is bowhunting, and if we are fighting with each other, than the Anti-Hunters the real ENEMY is winning

16-Feb-15
I did have the tag for the deer I killed this fall and my hypothetical case I posed to gobbler was what if I hadn't had my tags? I honestly don't have all of them over the years and didn't have the one I got from my dad. I will keep all of them from now on.

16-Feb-15
Uh public hunter I started this thread and I am not a criminal. This thread in no way makes law enforcements job harder. What makes it harder is the people that are making frivolous accusations to the DNR. They have to investigate and find nothing. They should be able to spend their time hunting the real criminals. I agree that the DNR may catch real criminals on sites like this but you would have to be an idiot to break the law and then put it on here. But they are born everyday. I for one may start making a call about every deer I see a picture of on here. See how you would like that. All someone has to do is to make up a false story about a deer pic on here and then they have to investigate it. If I were you guys I would not post any pics of game on here. I sure won't anymore.

16-Feb-15
And I started this thread to warn you guys not bad mouth the DNR. They are just doing their job.

16-Feb-15
JR, I agree, the DNR guys have a tough enough job without people making FALSE CLAIMS they have to check out. It's a shame we have a couple people on here Who Think They are Lawdogs ! I welcome ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AT MY HOUSE, ANY TIME ! I have tags for ALL my CATS and SPIKES'' LOL

Dave Mitchell hit the Nail on the Head in his posts.

We had some good hunts didn't we, JR ?

God bless ya

16-Feb-15
I will also say this as there was some Thoughts of Conspiracy, LOL. I thought anyone that would think that about these two [Jimmy and Dave ] dont know them very well, they both have Integrity, the one thing I admire in the Both of them and something thats lacking in society today! I agree with JR, Its a shame, but as I have said earlier, political hacks, drunks and as some have said--the Powers behind the scenes,,,dinkheads !

16-Feb-15

17-Feb-15
We did have some good hunts.

24-Mar-15

M.P.'s Link
Good Job

24-Mar-15
Excellent! I hope they throw the book at them.

24-Mar-15
That is still terrible. It still amazes me that some people are so dumb. I am glad they caught them. I fear they will just get lil fine and that will be it.

• Sitka Gear