Pete-pec 18-Jan-15
Zim1 18-Jan-15
Novemberforever 18-Jan-15
10orbetter 18-Jan-15
TheLama 19-Jan-15
10-Jan-15
Anyone hear anything yet?

10-Jan-15
I have season A, but have heard nothing. (Preference point from last year) ;-)

10-Jan-15
I don't think we will hear anything for a few weeks. I will text my cousin that works for the DNR and ask when they are going to do the drawing.

10-Jan-15
just looked back at last year and saw the first reports of postcards were the 11th of January which was Saturday so I thought if things went the same we would hear something today but I guess not yet!

10-Jan-15
Just checked mine on line. It said NO! I hope that is not the case because I made my son group leader as he has not hunted turkey before. If it is, what a joke!

11-Jan-15
last year the postcards were mailed before the on-line was updated

11-Jan-15
10, did you apply for any season? If you limited your group to just a couple draws for example, having a person who never applied lessens everyone's odds in drawing. But the good news is, it will say NO until the draws are out, then it says either no, you were unsuccessful, but you will have a preference point, or it will say yes, you were successful, and it will list the season. I was only available A and B last year, did not draw, and got a preference point, and can basically pick what season I want...they all rock in my opinion!

14-Jan-15
Just checked again, no change to the on-line status. So they have not been posted yet.

14-Jan-15
DNR newsletter said drawing is complete but we will not know for 2 weeks

15-Jan-15
Turkey permits are out. Just check on line. I have first week zone 2. Good luck.

15-Jan-15
I got 1st season,Being a landowner I get it every years (so far)

15-Jan-15
Being an nr landowner I can only get period 3.

15-Jan-15
November thats how it should be. Wisconsin i already bends way over backwards for the NR!

15-Jan-15
Steve, explain how they give nrs a big break? The $85 turkey tag?They gladly take my tax check.

15-Jan-15
I got 2cnd season zone 4, which was my 1st choice. Daughter got 3rd season zone 4 her 1st choice. I will buy a left over tag for my son as he wanted to send on his own and forgot despite my reminders. I will also buy an extra tag or two for myself, I love hunting turkeys.

16-Jan-15
I love always getting my first choice. As a landowner I get to pick and choose what period I want to have. I get zone 3 period 3 as my first choice and to boot my wife got zone 3 period 3 as well since I was the group leader as well. Many permits left for zone 3 seasons 3-6. Should be a good year.

16-Jan-15
I got first season zone 3 cant wait

16-Jan-15
November paying taxes has nothing to do with getting permits etc,dont like it dont hunt,fair enough. What state do you live in by the way.

16-Jan-15
Ca. And Wisconsin bends way over for the NR's how?

16-Jan-15
Season 2 Zone3…… Just what I applied for.

16-Jan-15
First time "give away" license for NR's. Enough for me for starters. The paying tax excuse is lame. As I said,don't like the NR fees don't hunt. Sounds reasonable to me.

16-Jan-15
First time "give away" license for NR's. Enough for me for starters. The paying tax excuse is lame. As I said,don't like the NR fees don't hunt. Sounds reasonable to me.

16-Jan-15
"As I said,don't like the NR fees don't hunt. Sounds reasonable to me." 6,000 nr's did just that this year costing the DNR $900,000 in lost revenue not to mention tourism $$$. Go find another new 33,000 residents to make up the loss.Oops, 20,000 residents also dropped out this year as well. Make that another 50,000 new residents.

16-Jan-15
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!

16-Jan-15
I sidetracked this topic, to all that have a permit good luck on the "Timber Chickens". Should be lots of opportunities and quality hunting with the decrease in hunters:)

17-Jan-15
I got Zone 2 starting on 4/29...... going to kill one this year, with that recurve for sure, practice practice practice,,,, throw in a little luck, and maybe just maybe

17-Jan-15
Zone 3, 2nd week. Recurve here too.

18-Jan-15
how is it that not everyone that applies gets a tag yet there are left over permits?

18-Jan-15
Because some people only put in for a certain period or two and if they don't draw for those they don't get a tag.

18-Jan-15
Drop Tine, I do it every year. Apply for A then B. If I draw, great. If I don't, I get a preference point, and pick whatever I want next season. If I don't draw my preference, I simply buy two tags over the counter. All seasons are good, if you learn to change with the way you hunt, when the courtship changes as the season advances. I like season A and B for numbers, and the later seasons, because the birds actually become easier to target if you find their strutting grounds, and are willing to hunt mid-day?

Love turkey hunting. The bow makes it even more fun!

Good luck all!

18-Jan-15
Drew a nonresident 5th season zone 2 permit. Last year finally figured out to leave my decoys at home during my late season public land hunts. Easy pickens then on two mature toms. Prior to that I sat watching hens come in while every mature bird avoided me by 50 yards. Will pick up another zone 2 as well as a few others, maybe a zone 1 or 3.

18-Jan-15
No regrets, period 3, nr, the last 2 years I was waliking on snow. I am sick with toms anyway. Habitat works for deer and wood chicken. Tom, plant 600 trees, 27 tree stands maintenance, then winnnebago for a prerun to Lac de mill lacs.

18-Jan-15
razor, we drew the same time. I just puked in my mouth after watching the Packer game.

19-Jan-15
Zone 3 1st.

Birds are making a comeback in my area. They were really down for a few years.

• Sitka Gear