New York
Contributors to this thread:
egonz 12-Jan-15
egonz 12-Jan-15
spike78 17-Jan-15
EJG 22-Jan-15
tcosmic 04-Jul-15
12-Jan-15
There is a chance we may be relocating to the Towanda area. I was oping to get some info on the hunting options for deer in the area. Are there any state game lands in the area? Good chance for deer in the area? Fly fishing opportunities ? Thanks for the help.

12-Jan-15
Sorry Tonawanda

17-Jan-15
Since nobody has responded I will tell you what I know. Im not from Ny but Ive worked up there quite abit in the Buffalo/ Niagara area. To my knowledge you may not find much for public around there as its the Buffalo city area so you would have to find some private land which could be tough. From the people ive talked to up there they mostly go south to the Alleghany area to hunt as their is plenty of land there. So try for private and drive for public. Check out NY website for the closest public land spot. Just an Fyi neighboring town of Amherst is a no hunting town and most of the towns around it are too populated with houses to hunt. Thats about all I know but the good news is that area is LOADED with deer for your viewing pleasure. You will be amazed when you see them walking around heavily populated neighborhoods.

22-Jan-15

EJG's Link
if you are okay with driving up to an hour or a bit more there are quite a few public land options that will have decent populations of deer. it has been awhile but i have hunted several and all had solid deer populations.

the tributaries of lake erie and ontario are great fly fishing options, as well as many smaller streams all across the state. you'll have plenty of options, some very close by if you are into big steelhead, browns, and salmon. (plus smallmouth)

below is the state interactive mapper for locating state lands

04-Jul-15
There is some real good public deer hunting and fishing all around this area.

• Sitka Gear