extreme 13-Jan-15
cjb5591 13-Jan-15
CTCrow 14-Jan-15
Garbanzo 15-Jan-15
12-Jan-15

CTCrow's Link
HERE IS OUR BILL:

Proposed H.B. No. 5028 Session Year 2015

AN ACT AUTHORIZING SUNDAY HUNTING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY.

To authorize Sunday hunting on private lands by bow and arrow.

Introduced by: Rep. Melissa H. Ziobron, 34th Dist.

THE FIGHT BEGINS...

12-Jan-15
I just fired my first email asking my Rep to co-sponsor the bill.

I hope everyone else does aswell.

12-Jan-15

CTCrow's Link
An even better bill includes all implements.

Proposed H.B. No. 5147 Session Year 2015

AN ACT AUTHORIZING SUNDAY HUNTING ON PRIVATE LANDS.

To authorize Sunday hunting on private lands.

Introduced by: Rep. John Shaban, 135th Dist.

12-Jan-15
Guys, John Shaban is a Bowhunter, and a guy on our side, on Sunday Hunting; (he also voted for the Gun bill, but that's a whole other issue).

I'm fairly sure what will happen here is that there will be some debate, and a "compromise" offered which will water it down to what we've seen in the past. I hope I'm wrong but I've been at this a while (so I'm jaded).

I plan to make all my arguments for Sunday Hunting this year based on Private Property Rights as opposed to Management or Recreational Issues.

Rep Sampson has also introduced several PRO GUN bills including one that effectively repeals the whole mess. Long shot to say the least, but it shows some balls.

Stay tuned and stay involved. please do not think that your Reps and Senators don't read what you send or hear what you tell them.

12-Jan-15
I totally agree going the private property rights way instead of management.

I know we have a few lawyers in the site. Can I get one to volunteer to write a draft for my letter?

My goal is to get 2,000 letters signed this year. We got over 600 last year.

12-Jan-15
Nothing wrong with arguing the recreational benefits of hunting, including health, family, friends, history, etc. Argue that hunting promotes better people and citizenship...

It doesn't only have to be about private property rights but I agree about ditching the game management arguments. Let the DEEP argue that.

12-Jan-15
Crow

I think this is a great start. I think if we start with private land, get our foot in the door, and then push for public land at a later date on the basis of the old blue laws, then we may have a chance to expand the scope. Right now, private landowner rights is the way to go!!

12-Jan-15
The biggest obstacle to getting Sunday Hunting is Martin Looney. I'm sure that we will have no problem getting Sunday Bowhunting all the way to the Senate but he is a major problem.

12-Jan-15
Martin Looney was not against it last year.

13-Jan-15
I sent an email to Malloys office as well.

13-Jan-15
i also thought looney was against it last year, was i wrong?

13-Jan-15
My information is that Looney is an anti. He voted for the gun bill. He is the president pro tem of the senate this year and therefore decides which bills get called for a vote.

14-Jan-15
Got an email from my rep today. He will co-sponsor the bill and lobby to help pass it in the house.

15-Jan-15
I e-mailed my reps. Heard back from one who will support the bill. I am not sure if anyone caught it on TV last week, but CPTV had a show on about animal welfare and the PR arm of the Humane Society was talking. The touted defeating the Sunday Hunting bill last year. They claimed that bow hunting was a heinous form of hunting. Their argument was that since you need to follow a blood trail it has a crippling effect. This is the kind of crap that we need to fight.

We need to make sure the truth gets out and not these animal right's wacko lies.

• Sitka Gear