Contributors to this thread:
Tall 1 13-Jan-15
R.I.P. 13-Jan-15
cjb5591 13-Jan-15
Tall 1 13-Jan-15
Tall 1 22-Jan-15
Tall 1 23-Jan-15
13-Jan-15
As some of you may know, the state just appropriated the final $2 million in funding to secure the purchase of The 1000 Ace Preserve in Essex, Old Saybrook and Westbrook.

I am pleased that they saved this rare, massive coastal tract of forest from the hands of developers, I also would like to have people voice their opinions about how this land will be used- especially opening it to hunting.

Please go to Facebook and search Preserve The 1000 Acre Forest. There you will see a group photo of the final check being presented, click on it and and below it a thread- in which you will see my comments concerning this. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this matter. Be polite, respectful but let these people know that you want this land open for hunting and fishing rather than just for hiking and bird watching etc... Thank You in advance! Jon

13-Jan-15
That's an awsome track of land! I use to a ton of work at the end of a road that use to have acces to until the rich guy at the end threw enough money around to get it shut down for himself.... Lol. Great to see it not go to developers....... But have a hard time believing them yuppy naturalist type around them parts are ever gonna let hunting go on there.....bgonna keep the fingers crossed!

13-Jan-15
Done.

13-Jan-15
Saw your post Chris, well stated. Thanks man!

22-Jan-15
Did anyone other than Chris comment to make sure they open this land to hunting? Some of my friends from ctfisherman.com helped..did you? Speak up now or don't complain later when they don't allow hunting.

23-Jan-15
SmoothieJonez thank you so much for taking the time to voice you opinion. Your post is spot on and you bring out the important economic impact that hunting brings to the area. Thanks Mike!!

• Sitka Gear