rick allison 19-Jan-15
wisbowhntr 20-Jan-15
RJN 23-Jan-15
RutNut@work 31-Jan-15
Antler Whore 01-Feb-15
bowhuntndoug 01-Feb-15
Jeff in MN 01-Feb-15
14-Jan-15
What are you going to do different in 2015 as far as your techniques and strategies this year? My goal is more effort on entering and exiting without spooking deer. So creating more screening is going to be priority. What will you be doing?

14-Jan-15
Hunt other states...

14-Jan-15
Twelve stand rotation. Hunting more of the food sources when the crops are rotated (alfalfa, wheat, beans, corn, and mast like acorns and apples when in season). I don't take full advantage as the desired food sources change.

14-Jan-15
Go grouse hunting and fishing!

14-Jan-15
I will be 74 so I will try to hunt as many days as possible. I don't care about the killing only hunting

14-Jan-15
Cheesehead +1

14-Jan-15
shooting straighter-missed a nice wide 8 pointer this year because I didn't practice enough!!! Went Elk hunting,guided 19 bear hunters,took fisherman out in the evenings and weekends- and didn't practice my bow. Fall goes so fast-so my practice will be in June and July on the cool evenings-I use to do that and havent missed many deer when I'm prepared better. In my arae of NW wisconsin we dont get many chances at nice bucks-wish I had that one back!

15-Jan-15
Use the recurve, more stalking during the pre-rut, rattling and calling.

15-Jan-15
Find additional landowners willing to grant me permission to hunt, so I'm not locked into just two stands in one location.

Hopefully, spend more days on stand...and if I draw a tag, spend a few days in IA, IL, or KS.

15-Jan-15
Hunt more mid day.

19-Jan-15
Hunt when I feel like it...play golf when I don't....lol

Try to "blood" my new WhippenStick recurve...enjoy every outing

20-Jan-15
This year I want to really get out and ask landowners if I can hunt on their property so I don't have to always hunt on public land all the time.

23-Jan-15
Put up 3 more stands and tweek some others. Plant some crabapple trees and expand our foodplots. Also plugging 400 more norway spruce. Cutting brush around apple trees lately.

31-Jan-15
Did some hinge cutting today, also cleared some trails and moved three stands. Boy am I wiped out.

01-Feb-15
I plan to dump my corn with a sack this year as it is quieter... I also plan to bowhunt with a xgun so I can sit in a enclosure and shoot out the window... also planing on watching more football as my enclosure has WiFi and dish... Was also thinking of setting up a closed circuit security cam on the feed pile so I can get a better view of my next victim and make sure I don't shoot the wrong deer..

All great WI deer hunting upgrades

01-Feb-15
Ordered trees and shrubs. My father also has been using a chainsaw a lot, opening up more light to food plots, hinge cutting, and cutting poor wildlife trees where we are planting oaks. Great winter for habitat improvement projects so far. Easier on wildlife and easier to get around with UTV. Need to pull some stands out yet also and replace some stands with larger ones. The older I get the more I like larger stands. This year I hunted with a heater body suit (not mine but loved it) in November. A larger stand was needed for me to feel comfortable.

01-Feb-15
What cheesehead said, hunt out of state. I should easily have enough points to draw in Kansas this year if we decide to go for it. Hunted there a few years ago and learned a lot about how to hunt there. Mainly will start hunting later. I was there for 3 weeks before deer started to move much last time and locals told me that was normal, to hang in there and the deer would come.

Might also go for another northern MN DIY bear hunt and hopefully the moderators here won't again delete the semi live hunt thread for unknown reasons.

• Sitka Gear