_JEEP_ 15-Jan-15
STM 16-Jan-15
MikeLeone 16-Jan-15
spike78 16-Jan-15
Wild Bill 16-Jan-15
Wayniac 16-Jan-15
InRut-KB-Bowhunter 16-Jan-15
15-Jan-15
Not sure if you guys remember I had asked a while back for input for my nehpews first bow.I appreciated all the feedback on that thread.

Well - he kept his nose clean, worked hard & made honors list, so he has earned the right for his bow.

Plan is to take him this Saturday - let him shoot new and used, regardless of brand, as long as it is within my budget. And let him pick what feels best and shoots best for him.

There is nothing super close to me in New Haven (CT Archery) ... I've heard great stuff on Andover, Newbury, Sportsmens outpost.. and people either love or hate Halls, but I assume they may have the best selection. I bought my bow from Center Sports years ago, but his selection has been down.

Any suggested favorite shops or has anyone been in the shops recently and seen a decent selection of youth bows?

Thanks

15-Jan-15
Ive used both Halls and Cabelas. Extremely happy with both.

15-Jan-15
You would be crazy to go anywhere but Newburys

15-Jan-15
I have a friend that has a Diamond Edge by Bowtech youth bow for sale. It's ready to shoot new string and arrows.

15-Jan-15

15-Jan-15
newbury..stay away from the Norwalk knuckle heads

15-Jan-15
My son has a Barnett Vortex. And we are happy with it

15-Jan-15
13 years old. He's gonna grow fast. Make sure you get a bow that you can change the draw length easily....also has a good range for draw weight.

My son started with the Edge and quickly outgrew it. He now shoots a Diamond Outlaw (It's called something different now)....bow is relatively inexpensive brand new and shoots darts. I would definitely look at that line up first.

I know alot of people don't care for Cabelas, but they carry the Diamond and Cabela's Regulator line-up. Maybe go there to just shoot them and order one through a dealer....that's what we did.

15-Jan-15
Look at the Mission Riot can adjust length and wight very easy. Only problem is the lower rubber string silencer (u?something??) can slide down and cause a derail. Just need to keep an eye on it or cut off. Mission I was told is made by Mathews. The Riot can grow with him and/or pass on to another person when/if he moves up to more advanced bow. I plan on giving mine to my nephew or my niece.

16-Jan-15
X3 on Norwalk, stay away.

16-Jan-15
Why drive an hour when you have a great shop right in Wallingford? Go see Mike at CT Archery.

16-Jan-15
Cabelas has a nice youth Bear bow. I think its in the 300 dollar range. They also have the Diamond. Pretty sweet these bows have a huge adjustment range even to 70#.

16-Jan-15
I coach kids new to archery, and would suggest that you DO NOT OVERBOW THEM. Twenty pounds is quite a feat for them to shoot for an hour. You want to ingrain good form and following a consistent shot sequence. If it has to be a compound bow, I would suggest a Genesis.

16-Jan-15
Mike Leone - Yes - I intended on at least swinging by there. Nice shop - nice guy - I've bought from there befire (not bow) - but he doesn't have a huge selection...

I'm hoping to walk in, let him shoot/choose, get a set-up and leave the same day!

It's worth a shot, but I'm planning for if I need to go elsewhere... was looking for feedback ;o)

16-Jan-15
100% go see Paul Hiller at Hiller Sports in Norwalk ,his new location is outstanding. I have been going for over 20 years to him , What a Great Guy and the most knowledgeable person in setting up Bows. Very well trained. Bill who is there also is very very good & will take his time. I bought a VFT Extreme Bow Tech and it is amazing. He just set up my 11 year Nephew with a PSE and stayed with him for 2 hours and the kid is shooting like a pro. Never pressuring you to buy any one kind of brand or product. It is whatever fits you and you feel comfortable.

• Sitka Gear