Babysaph 18-Jan-15
gobbler 18-Jan-15
M.P. 18-Jan-15
gobbler 18-Jan-15
Babysaph 18-Jan-15
gobbler 18-Jan-15
babysaph 19-Jan-15
18-Jan-15
The last two mornings gobbling and strutting like crazy going on in the pasture. I know it's just setting up the pecking order but read on another forum where a guy I know a little bit and trust found a hen sitting and there were several eggs! Signs of an early Spring???

18-Jan-15
I would have to see it to believe it. Animals have their young when there is food available for them. Turkey eggs hatch in 28 days, give or take a day. Turkey poults would have no hope of surviving hatching in the middle of Feb.

We loose a lot in cold rains in May from exposure and pneumonia.

18-Jan-15
Don't know about the hens sitting but the turkeys are gobbling. My friend has been hunting them this past week and he said they are gobbling

18-Jan-15
The legislature is working on a new law this session that will allow DNR officers to arrest friends of poachers and illegal hunters and charge them with the same violation as the actual offenders.

You better get some new friends up there or you will rack up enough points in a couple of weeks for them to take your license.

18-Jan-15
Gobbler, you cannot use the term illegal hunters anymore. They must be referred to as unauthorized outdoors persons. They don't like the terms poachers , thieves, lowlifes or scumbags either. If you don't watch out you and one of your friends will get arrested for using such terminology.

18-Jan-15
I know, I know. I've got some work to do in this new era of having to be politically correct about everything.

18-Jan-15
Uh no they are hunting in Va. Legal for 2 weeks.

18-Jan-15
You gotta quit leaving out details. I've heard gobblers gobbling in about every month, dosen't mean they are actually breeding. Sometimes I think they just like to gobble.

Some mornings I get up and gobble for an hour or two. Used to irritate my wife but she has gotten use to it. My dog still looks at me like I'm crazy.

19-Jan-15
yea I hear them gobble too in all months. Too funny MP. Don't laugh gobbler. I fully expect to get paid a visit from the DNR over that comment. LOL.

• Sitka Gear