mnbowhunter 21-Mar-15
Pete-pec 24-Mar-15
raspy old hen 27-Mar-15
Naz 28-Mar-15
raspy old hen 28-Mar-15
Naz 28-Mar-15
Naz 28-Mar-15
20-Jan-15
This thread is for us serious turkey hunters ..... please if there just dirty stinky field carp to you get off this thread .... let's talk expectations this coming year and currently what have you been seeing in your area .... basically if its turkey I wanna hear it!!! Gobble gobble gobble

20-Jan-15
Ok ill start this off ... I got done with work early so I was checking fields on the way back home and seen a flock of Jake's and hens that loomed to be in good shape but that all I seen

20-Jan-15
This thread is for us serious turkey hunters ..... please if there just dirty stinky field carp to you get off this thread .... let's talk expectations this coming year and currently what have you been seeing in your area .... basically if its turkey I wanna hear it!!! Gobble gobble gobble

20-Jan-15
Looking forward to my turkey hunt this year. Already got permission at my favorite spot. Hope this winter stays mild. Gobble.. gobble….bang !!!! I mean ZIPPPPP !

20-Jan-15
Im glad the snow has melted away for the most part in waupaca cty except for the 2 inches last night this warmer weather should have them turkeys hitting them fields

20-Jan-15
Last week my winter rye strip was clear and had greened up. My neighbor counter over 100 turkey pecking away. The snowmobile trails have yet to open in Waupaca and still a lot of standing corn up. So far a great winter for the critters.

20-Jan-15
I will be hunting my girlfriends 5 acre parcel that buts up to a huge 60acre field .... aalthough I have no permission to hunt this field I will be looking to call birds off it!! I will have the decoys close to the edge and I cleared all brush so they can be seen easier. ... I have never seen a turkey on this field but have only lived here since fall.... but a field that big should almost always have some turkeys on it come season ? I've started scouting with binoculars and gonna check today.... there wascorn in it last fall then was picked and plowed under imedietely

20-Jan-15
I will be hunting my girlfriends 5 acre parcel that buts up to a huge 60acre field .... aalthough I have no permission to hunt this field I will be looking to call birds off it!! I will have the decoys close to the edge and I cleared all brush so they can be seen easier. ... I have never seen a turkey on this field but have only lived here since fall.... but a field that big should almost always have some turkeys on it come season ? I've started scouting with binoculars and gonna check today.... there wascorn in it last fall then was picked and plowed under imedietely

20-Jan-15
Im glad the snow has melted away for the most part in waupaca cty except for the 2 inches last night this warmer weather should have them turkeys hitting them fields

20-Jan-15
My two sons and I love to turkey hunt. In fact, my youngest says he likes it better than deer gun hunting!

This year I have first season, both sons received 2nd, between the three of us we will hunt all seasons. One or more of us will/should get tags for 3 to 6 time periods.

We both gun and bow hunting depending on what is happening in the woods. We love to chase gobbles. I think that is why my youngest loves it so much. We run and gun, makes for exciting hunts.

This winter, so far, has had no impact on turkeys or deer. Awesome, we need it. BC

20-Jan-15
All the postcards arrived in the mail today. Planning for Learn To Hunt late March-early April first, then youth hunt weekend, then the regular periods. Used to have one or more beginners a week, but now most are experienced enough to go it alone. Instead, we try to spread the family fun from second through sixth weeks so we can go it alone or team up as desired throughout the spring. When I shot the bearded hen Dec. 31, there were at least 40 more birds within 100 yards. Numbers are fairly stable here even after the tough spring of '13 and last year's bad winter.

20-Jan-15
Ran up this weekend to pull my photo cards and was surprised to see a group of 4 toms in my food plots. They were feeding in the areas where the deer dug down to the greens and I have a couple of cool videos. Didn't really see pics of turkeys all fall and had been wondering what happened to them.

One bummer, ended up with 3 videos of a single wolf cruising my land. :(

Browning cameras still running on the orignal AA batteries from Sept. :)

20-Jan-15

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Bonus tag gobbler in March 2012. Gobbler came out of nowhere and attacked my jake deke.

Killed the bird and four of his homies immediately came-in to raise a ruckus over their dead buddy.

Never seen anything like it before or since...

20-Jan-15

Looking forward to another great hunt this spring.

20-Jan-15
Got a nonresident 5th season tag zone 2. Last year after numerous seasons searching public land, I found a money spot where multiple toms parade by in bow range where no decoy is necessary. By 5th season the big toms avoid my dekes like the plague by 50 yards. So I'm going to try with my bow this season first time in many years. I've been reading up on best broadheads for this.

Also have work to do up by Wausau so I'll probably pick up a zone 3 and hunt Mead WA as well. Not many birds but I found a nice strutting ground last time there.

21-Jan-15
I would like to get in the 25 pound or more range for weight or a double beard that would be cool!!! I shot a bearded hen with my bow first season last year so thats off the list! I realy would like to get my girlfriend a tom she and me got first season tags and she hasthe green light

21-Jan-15
Think im gonna bright the bullet and get the double bull double wide.... anyone have it?

21-Jan-15
Think im gonna bright the bullet and get the double bull double wide.... anyone have it?

21-Jan-15
I would like to get in the 25 pound or more range for weight or a double beard that would be cool!!! I shot a bearded hen with my bow first season last year so thats off the list! I realy would like to get my girlfriend a tom she and me got first season tags and she hasthe green light

21-Jan-15
The turkeys are hitting our corn field pretty hard, but season is still almost 3 months away. Conditions change sometimes drastically

21-Jan-15
I have no clue why it double posts I only hit the button once sorry for the double post

21-Jan-15
Yelper, the double post comes from hitting the back arrow on your phone, rather than simply closing out of the internet. So, make your post, return to the index, by clicking "return to bowsite regional forums". Post again, or actually click the "X" in the upper right corner when you've had enough of bowsite. The back space for some reason recognizes your previous post, and enters it again?

21-Jan-15
Thanks pete-pec ....

21-Jan-15
I've been watching 10 Toms and around 40 hens in our field. Should be a lot of fun this spring.

22-Jan-15
In Wisconsin's first season of turkey hunting I became addicted. I read everything I could find on the subject and bought videos of hunting them in the South. The guy that gave me the most knowledge was the founder of the realtree pattern. He and his panel of hunting experts showed me the how, when, where and what of their experiences. Pretty soon I became very good at it and today I still take hunters out that are having troubles getting that first bird. Next month I will attend the NWTF in Nashville which had always been on my bucket list. If I had to make a choice of only one animal to hunt it would be the wild turkey.

22-Jan-15
Very cool raspy!!!! Not much compares to a early morning with sun slightly breaking through and a gobbler hammmerin in the tree tops

22-Jan-15
The last two seasons in Shawano Co. have been a complete bust. After six successful seasons in a row, I've seen only four birds in the past two years. If this light winter continues I expect it to change for the better this spring.

23-Jan-15
Four birds as in four bearded birds or four total? On just your hunt property? Otherwise if in the entire neighborhood I would not expect you will see a big change this spring unless some new birds moved in.

23-Jan-15
stagetek, the only time I have seen a sharp decline of birds in an area like that was due too predators or poaching. It could also be if there was a large loss in habitat as in roost areas.

24-Jan-15
Rutnut, I saw a decline here in southern Wisconsin after last winter. I think the deer did fine, but the turkey were hurt bad. Our winter flock was nearly cut in half. At the end of the spring season, of 2013, I had an estimated 8 toms left from that flock that winters next to the property I hunt. There were 14 jakes that were left as well. Now take the harsh winter and predation of hawks and coyote, the next spring, I had approximately 8 toms left, and the hens and jennies were no doubt cut in half. We did not take a turkey last year, and I believe the hens nested well, so I know they will bounce back. I'm confident there were quite a few jakes, and about 12 up and coming toms going into the winter, but There couldn't have been a total of 100 birds in this winter flock (including young ones). I've counted with binoculars years past, as many as 192 (highest count). Last winter was hard because there was not a lot of food around. I posted last year of a coyote hunter (friend of a friend) that found 162 dead turkey under their roost near Madison Wisconsin. I know that seems crazy, but when I talked about it with other turkey hunters, I heard reports stating they found dead birds, and their winter flock going into the spring was comparible to what I witnessed.

I would hate for someone to say I was wrong. I kind of know these birds pretty well. I live not 2 minutes from the roost, so I get to watch them closely, and often. I will say that last year's winter was harsh as far as cold and snow goes, but if there is reachable food, they would probably fare much better, but the farmers were not spreading manure, and the ice and snow kept the birds from getting to an abundant food supply. Most of the corn here was silage, so besides scratching in the woods and feeding on weed seeds, there really wasn't much food to choose from. The good news, is this winter has been a non issue, and plenty of corn due to late harvesting, and not tilling due to the quick winter that came in and froze the ground.

24-Jan-15
Pete-pec, I agree the winter was hard on them, I have seen it in all the areas I hunt also. In my post above I was just assuming the winter kill was a given. Even though the DNR denies that winter kill has much of an effect on turkeys.

24-Jan-15
Winter might kill some turkeys, but boy they are hardy birds. We were surprised to see as many as we did after last winter. Our numbers may have been down a bit but since we're shooting toms and not hens it didn't hurt to tag a couple.

24-Jan-15
Late ice storms that cover the gravel kills them

24-Jan-15
Sounds good rut. Yes November, ice was a plenty last year!

24-Jan-15

Hubba, hubba.

Gobblers....

01-Feb-15
Girlfriend seen a flock of twentyfive turkeys cross the road and go on to are property:)

01-Feb-15
a lot of birds on zone 2, should be a good season

01-Feb-15
Watched a episode of avian x turkey show..... wow thats a good show!!!

01-Feb-15
Watched a episode of avian x turkey show..... wow thats a good show!!!

02-Feb-15
I just want to see archery kills and learn archery tips and techniques........ have no interest in hearing about gun kills

02-Feb-15
I agree.... Kepler your decoys close 5 to 10 yards... if you use a stutter make sure he's facing the blind

03-Feb-15

April, 2006 hunt.

Rather exciting what with the big flock of teenagers that invaded my set-up.

Check out the sequence of photos that follows...

03-Feb-15

One of a bunch of deer pics I captured that morning.

Tree swallow setting on a nest box too...

03-Feb-15

First bird moving-in. Trusty Martin Jaguar...

03-Feb-15

Check this out...

03-Feb-15

A target-rich environment.

Too bad they're all Jakes.

03-Feb-15

As they started to wander off I called them back with a gobble call. Strange - but they returned and responded in-kind.

All in all a good day.

03-Feb-15

Forgot to include this.

One Jake deke close-in (10 paces or so) with three hen dekes as pickets. Oddly-enough the deer wanted to check it out...

07-Feb-15

Fetched SD cards from the trail cameras late today.

The gobblers are on the move...

07-Feb-15

Pictures from three camera locations over the past week.

Getting excited for spring turkey...

07-Feb-15
anyone use that Head Up Decoy that attaches, to your stabilizer,,,,,,, I do not use one, so wondering if it would still screw in to the adaptar

09-Feb-15

>>>--arrow1-->'s Link

09-Feb-15

>>>--arrow1-->'s Link

09-Feb-15

>>>--arrow1-->'s Link

10-Feb-15
Well I went and purchased the dsd submissive hen so im excited about adding that to the arsenal! Thinking of putting the trail cams out in a couple weeks in well known areas to catch some strutting toms......

10-Feb-15

yelper tom's MOBILE embedded Photo

I also got my self thr double bull double wide..... this thing is awesome

10-Feb-15

10orbetter's embedded Photo
10orbetter's embedded Photo
Looking forward to the season. IMO best bow shot is going away through the back of the neck. No breast meat damaged!

11-Feb-15
Haven't shot through the back yet but heard it was a great shot and puts them down.... every bird I took was broadside and I shot just above the legs and they didnt go far! I watched a video last night and a guy said where the ling starts draw a line length ways with body and any shot above is good any below is breast meat.... well I've always been below but I've just took out there legs basically

11-Feb-15

There was the cold stretch of about a month that I wasn't seeing turkey, finding their track or getting any pics.

Now I'm finding sign regularly and seeing some flocks congregated in picked fields. Downloaded some turkey pics last weekend.

Here's a group of at least six gobblers on a mission to get somewhere...

11-Feb-15

And here's another group of birds from a different camera location milling about in the trail...

11-Feb-15
Those toms all look pretty healthy turkeyhunter. Its good to have a mild winter for them and the deer. I am headed for the NWTF national banquet in Nashville tomorrow morning. Its my first time down there. I am real excited to see what new decoys/calls/etc the big boys from Realtree and Mossyoak will be showcasing.

11-Feb-15
Those are some nice long beards on those gobblers !

11-Feb-15
They are nice-looking gobblers. So nice I just realized I posted the same two photos four days ago.

I'm losing it.

Must've got a bad case of turkey hunting on the brain.

Raspy - have a great convention. I'm envious.

13-Feb-15
I think we will see some real nice beards with good lenght this spring. .. being that there hasn't been alot of snow and the snow we did get hasn't lasted long . ( with the eexception of northern wi) here in central wi its been great! ! Hope spring comes fast!!!

14-Feb-15
Can't wait for turkey hunting but I think the dnr is looking at $$$ instead of management. Almost everyone I know has 1st season. Im thinking this is to get hunters to purchase extra tags for 3-6 period. Basically its a continuous 6 week season. I think you should be able to apply for 2 seasons total.

14-Feb-15
I got 3rd week. I am going to try and get a late season tag, because I love late spring.......

system works well, leave it alone. If you have the time, and can get extra tags, go for it, there is plenty of room to hunt.....

I am seeing a lot of birds, there in good shape, and some nice ones,,,,,Zone 2

14-Feb-15
We pay $23.25 to harvest one tom. That should be for 2 seasons and 2 birds. No extra tags. They could possibly add on a week or two and make it bow/crossgun only for those two weeks.

14-Feb-15
You drop that at Fleet Farm, on junk you probably do not need....... I am not a rich man, but the price is okay..... stay well

15-Feb-15
I agree keep it the way it is! We have some darn good turkey hunting in wisconsin so lets keep it that way!

15-Feb-15
Can anyone tell me the name of the turkey show torwards greenbay I believe its held in a gym of a high school. ... if you know the date that would be great

15-Feb-15
I agree with the seasons structure. In zone 1 you can get a extra tag for 3-6 time periods. Who would apply for those periods if you can get them otc? The point is to spread out the hunting pressure and that's not happening in zone 1. We pay $23.50 for one Tom and $24 for a buck and 2 does. Makes no sense. As it is your license should be good for a hen also or another week.

15-Feb-15
I agree with the seasons structure. In zone 1 you can get a extra tag for 3-6 time periods. Who would apply for those periods if you can get them otc? The point is to spread out the hunting pressure and that's not happening in zone 1. We pay $23.50 for one Tom and $24 for a buck and 2 does. Makes no sense. As it is your license should be good for a hen also or another week.

15-Feb-15
Yelper tom, you might be thinking of an event at the Howards Grove High School but I do not recall the exact date. Its a small event but there are some great callers there.

16-Feb-15
Yes raspy that's the one

16-Feb-15
I figured it out..... its called the talkin turkey but there are no dates posted yet but says that 2015 event will be big ! Last year it was like march 22 I think

16-Feb-15
Zone 2 is full of birds razor. Been seeing a real nice flock off of 32 near Port Washington daily. There are some big Toms out there. Unlike last year, where the Tom I shot was very thin! I drew First week of may.

16-Feb-15
Raspy How did you like Nashville. I have never been to national but will get there one of these years.

16-Feb-15
I do not believe the talkn turkey event will be held this year. I am from Howards Grove and have attended the event the years it was held.

I think the guy headed it up realized its a bit overwhelming and it was going to take more $ to get the advertising needed to make it bigger. It was a good idea. Just needs some tweaking.

For those that mount fans and spurs or need target PDF files, I have tutorials available on my site. www.vanheldengamecalls.weebly.com

If anyone has ideas of other projects post up, maybe it will spark some inspiration for me :)

16-Feb-15
huntperch, Nashville was fantastic. Met Will Primos, Ray Eye, Michael Waddell. All great guys and easy to talk with. 750+ vendors, great sounding calls and artwork. Spent Saturday listening to speakers like Ray who was very entertaining and informative. Just too many visitors on Saturday clogged up the booths. You could not hear yourself think let alone listen to how well a particular call would sound. That's when I did the seminars. I will definitely make a return trip probably in five years. You have to put it on your bucket list because it was a great experience but wear comfortable shoes. On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 9.5 for me.

16-Feb-15
Doug, that's too bad about Howards Grove. I purchased some items there and I am sure some from you. The empty 20 gauge shell and the stir stick still brings a smile to my face.

16-Feb-15
Ya that shell and stick is still the talk around here. Kids young and old seemed to like it :)

16-Feb-15

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Doug, here's a triple beard shot by a 13 year old girl. I drilled two additional holes. One in the brass, another in the plastic to accommodate the two other beards. Just punch out the primer and make the loop out of wire etc. Thought maybe this would interest someone? Feel free to use it.

16-Feb-15

Another of my Son's. Capped the ends with apoxie sculpt, and painted the leg scales with bronze paint. Different look.

16-Feb-15

Sorry, double post. I must say this particular forum is not cell phone friendly?

16-Feb-15

Seen a nice flock of turkeys close to the house on the way home....

17-Feb-15
That's cool pete-peck !!! Im looking for an idea to gang all the beard on from year to year.... kinda like a string of them.... any one got anything like that? And how about the spurs? Mabe a board loaded with spurs above a.rope of beards?

17-Feb-15
The reason I ask is im redoing my living room I pine paneling for walls and Pine board looses right now and have plenty deer mounts and a couple turkey fan mounts now I would like a full turkey mount someday and a neat wayto show of the beards

17-Feb-15
Raspy glad to hear the show was good. I know I need to get there one of these years. Sounds like the weather was a bit like winter.

17-Feb-15
Awesome razor .... I need to work up the courage and start asking farmers when I see a lot of birds in the fields

17-Feb-15
I am seeing a lot of birds, and Sunday driving from Dodge Co to Dane Co if there was spread out on the fields, there were birds......

I pulled into a driveway, because there were that many birds, and talked to the landowner. He welcomed us back, if we get late season tags, early season is for friends and family,,,,,,, That guy had a lot of birds

17-Feb-15
Pete-pec, I do similar. The difference is I run a pc of paracord/rope through the primer hole, tie a knot. I also add some beads above and below the spurs to dress it up. Glue in beard and done.

I make shell caps form exotic wood for myself, because I can :)

I guess this is something I should add to my site. Good thing I have a couple drying ready for assembly....

22-Feb-15

These gobblers look like they've survived the worst of winter in nice shape...

23-Feb-15
I like WDNR's lottery method of zone draws because it gives residents first crack, but has many late season leftovers available for nonresidents. As an Illinois resident, I am happy to have these opportunities. Even Wisconsin late seasons on public land beat our early season quality hands down. We just have too many people and not enough public to provide quality experiences. There's almost no decent public tags left here after our first draws. Not so in Wisconsin.

27-Feb-15
I hope spring comes.fastand im not sitting in a foot of sno come first season

27-Feb-15
I was returning this afternoon from a trip to the co-op to pick up seed for frost seeding this weekend and almost clobbered a turkey with the truck.

Six (maybe eight) gobblers flushed to the air just as I passed and the closest one missed my windshield by only a couple of feet.

Not sure who was more surprised - the bird or me. I'm just glad I don't have to spend tomorrow at an auto glass shop. That was a big bird!

28-Feb-15

We were watching turkeys hunting shows and my 5 year old was begging me to get the blind out in the loving room so he could sit in it and pretend to arrow a turkey from the tv lol... he's gonna go with me for the first time this year

28-Feb-15
very cool

28-Feb-15
Great one on one time

01-Mar-15
nm

01-Mar-15

Novemberforever's Link
150 turkey in one of my fields yesterday. s/b a good season.

08-Mar-15

Trail camera Pics from today...

08-Mar-15

Nice spurs on these gobblers...

09-Mar-15
Very good spurs and long beard...

09-Mar-15
about 120 birds out in the corn stubble field I typically hunt yesterday. 11 toms I could see from the road. First season cannot come soon enough!

09-Mar-15
Oh my those are some dandy spurs Turkeyhunter! Southern Door has some beautiful birds in your area.

13-Mar-15
How many are taking out some kids for the youth hunt? I will be taking both nieces for there first hunt! Kinda bummer thatthe deer and turkey expo in madison is during youth hunt

13-Mar-15
well pretty soon you will have to tell big brother which county, and at what time, and under what conditions, and what hours, you are going to kill a bird, before you apply

13-Mar-15
What do u mean razorhead?

14-Mar-15
Got up early and was in the woods by 430am. Never heard a gobble as dawn was breaking. Left at 7am. Disappointing to say the least. Did see my first robin of the year so that was a plus.

14-Mar-15
Yelper I was being sarcastic, the way this season goes now, it runs smooth, but maybe, they will screw it up, like the new deer structure

no gobbling, but seeing lots of birds

14-Mar-15

Flock of hens moving thru...

14-Mar-15

16-Mar-15

Set up a couple blinds today. I like to get them out early and brush them in. Birds get used to them, and any advantage to arrow a bird, I use.

16-Mar-15

Blind number two. I typically set up five. This year, I will only be hunting one season and hosting one other, so only two this year.

16-Mar-15

With 100 acres of corn stubble in this field, and a winter flock with 150 birds and 23 toms roosting not 100 yards from the blinds, it should be an active opener!

The view that really matters!

16-Mar-15
Great job brushing 'em in. Even though I know guys who set up a blind in the dark in the middle of a field and shoot birds, I always think if you're dealing with a bird that has been missed or spooked by someone in a blind, better to have it not seen than seen. That said, turkeys aren't deer for the most part and as long as things don't move, amazing how close they'll often come to "new" things that weren't there the day before.

16-Mar-15
Nice work!

I'll put out a couple of blinds the week before the opener.

I spoke with a buddy today that will be hunting first season with me and he's putting the finishing touches on his ghillie suit.

Fingers-crossed for no snow. Of course - last year we had snow and I killed a nice gobbler first day out.

16-Mar-15
I agree Kevin, they're not deer. I do set these two blinds in the same spot every year. Do they have brains enough to remember, or pass it on that these two spots are danger? I doubt it, because we will kill multiple birds here every single year. With that said, I enjoy the time brushing them in, and I know they are an improvement over the large blocky blind that exists before I start. I have killed several birds the same way (setting up in the dark), but these blinds are pretty darn close to the roost, and are good starting at the youth hunt, all through the 6th season. I believe brushing them in, helps that.....maybe not?

Good luck to your sniper friend Turkeyhunter :-), I'm sure the ghille suit will work wonderful!

With the shotgun, I like to run and gun, but lately, taking guests along on comfortable hunts has been just as rewarding. I just like to be there. Who kills the bird is secondary to the hunt itself, and I'm sure those who've killed many birds would agree.

Good luck all!

16-Mar-15

Ha!

Run and Gun was the ticket last year because my lovely daughter abbreviated the hunt on account of the grandkid's spring break.

I had a one-day hunt, plucked my bird, packed-up the dogs and did a road-trip to the gulf coast immediately afterwards.

This year will be a leisurely and laid-back bow-hunting experience.

Good luck and be safe.

Keep the pics coming...

17-Mar-15
I would put mine out now but I get worried about snow or high winds destroying it

17-Mar-15
I used to build brush blinds with my uncle on all of the properties we turkey hunted. This was before pop ups became popular and affordable. We would start as soon as we could get in the woods in the spring/late winter. It was as much about spending time in the woods/together as getting ready for turkey season. I haven't built a brush blind or brushed a blind in for turkey hunting in years. But I think I may build some more blinds in the strut zones on our land. They are easier for my 12 year old daughter and wife to hunt from as they can rest the gun on the top log. Plus we all get a bit claustorphobic in the pop ups.

17-Mar-15
Rut, that is certainly the advantage of these blinds. I always have a decent gun rest for the kids I take, and although I worked my tail off taking several trips through some muddy fields to get the finished result, the reward is worth it. Most people cannot spot them, and they work well, even on wary birds who've possibly had an encounter with a hunter previously. Getting them to come within ten feet of your bow is a blast, and even then, there's no guarantees lol.

Yelper, I like to have an overhanging tree to tie the top off. It supports the roof from any weight from rain or snow. This keeps the snow from colapsing the top of the blind. If you tie down three sides, and stake them with tent stakes versus the skinny ones that come with the blind, they will stay put. I also frame the blind in branches that are supported like a teepee, then frame them with several cross members all tied together with 14 inch zip ties. I never have have them colapse, and keep them out for 2.5 months sometimes. You have to be cautious of any poking limbs on the tent itself, or it can tear a rip that will destroy the lid real quick. I had a deluge of water (from rain) cause some damage to one of my blinds last year. Broke a pole on the hub, and left a decent tear that I had to sew and repair this year. That leaky roof will cost you thousands in repairs.....unless you have a can of that Flexseal, and a needle and fishing line as thread lol. I could make a boat out of my blind now!

18-Mar-15
Good idea Pete pec ... i asleep seen primos has some ting to support the roof so It won't colapse

18-Mar-15

Adam C.P.'s Link
I left a blind out all winter for late season bow hunting in the Brown County metro zone. I finally just took it down last week. I staked the corners, as well as the hubs using big tent stakes and put this primos stabilizer support to keep the roof from collapsing. When I finally took it down it was in the same shape it was the day I set it up.

20-Mar-15

Jake enters the field of view from Stage Left...

20-Mar-15

He begins to display...

20-Mar-15

He wants to be one of the Big Boys...

21-Mar-15
I've never hunted turkey before so which hunt in the spring is the best? I see that there's left over in the last season in my zone 6 . My brother in law has lots of them on his land. So would that last season be a good one to get?

21-Mar-15

PSEUSER's embedded Photo
PSEUSER's embedded Photo
Definitely getting the itch to hunt after seeing this picture.

21-Mar-15
mnbowhunter zone 6 May 20-26 only has 289 leftover tags so you need to be on your computer at 10am sharp when they come up for sale otherwise you might miss out. Those toms will be wiser after 5 weeks of being shot at and called to by everyone but you can get the job done.

21-Mar-15
Thanks for the info old hen . I will be ready

24-Mar-15

It snowed yesterday and I took the dogs for a walk today to make sure the roofs of the blinds were okay from the weight of the snow atop them. This is a photo of a turkey crossing, not 15 yards from my blind. There was another just like this 20 yards the other direction. Might get a shot with the bow on the opener!

27-Mar-15
mnbowhunter, did you get a tag for zone 6? Just curious.

28-Mar-15

Naz 's Link
Lots of leftovers in several zones, crazy that Zone 2 again led the state in total sold in a single day yet we have tens of thousands fewer available. Don't understand how turkey population estimates are made. Just because we have so much "open" land doesn't mean much. I would argue populations in heavy ag country are as high or higher than "heavily forested" zones simply due to the great eats. It's that way for deer, why would it be so different for turkeys?

Spring permits still available (linked), not updated yet as of noon for the first two hours of sales. I'd bet the extras in Zone 2 (the few that weren't snagged Tuesday) are now gone.

28-Mar-15
Naz, I do not understand that updates are not made just as fast as the countdown is done when you purchase a leftover tag. What takes so long? Don't they use computers?

28-Mar-15

28-Mar-15

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
Not sure, been off since noon …. just checked (5:45 p.m.) and saw this.

• Sitka Gear