Tri-County 23-Jan-15
Naz 23-Jan-15
Tri-County 23-Jan-15
Naz 23-Jan-15
Tri-County 23-Jan-15
Adam C.P. 23-Jan-15
Redclub 23-Jan-15
22-Jan-15
So what if any new equipment are any of you planning on getting this year? For me it will be a new bow. I'm not a fan boy so don't know for sure what it will be yet. Probably for sure not the Mathews "no cam". Leaning towards the Hoyt Nitrum 30, or the Xpedition Xcentric. However still have some to shoot so not set in stone. Also looking at a few of the Browning trail cams and some more ASAT camo.

22-Jan-15

Tri-County's embedded Photo
Just got my 2015 Elite Synergy yesterday. Replaced a 12yr old Hoyt Ultramag (which was my first bow) I shot the Mathews No-Cam, The Hoyt Faktor, Charger & Nitrum also. The Synergy just felt better to me, great back wall, feels like I could hold it back for a long time if needed. Holds really well on target also.

The No-Cam shot nice as well but I don't like the top heavy feel of Mathews bows personally. I was hoping to like a Hoyt but they just didn't feel as nice as the Synergy.

Also had an HHA 1 pin put on the new bow to replace a 5 pin G-5.

Will need a new case also as you can see in the pic.....

I also had been shooting the new bows for the last 4 yrs and always stuck with my old bow but after shooting the Synergy I was sold.

22-Jan-15
No new equipment for me. My Grandaughter will be getting a new recurve as she has outgrown the one she has, new arrows, new finger tabs, the whole nine yards.

Man do they grow fast!

22-Jan-15
I'm planning to purchase a climbing tree stand before opening weekend of the bow season. I would prefer something with a ladder but I hunt almost exclusively on public land and hauling that in and out of the woods every day just isn't realistic.

22-Jan-15
Tri-county, sweet rig. Elite makes a great bow, I have owned 3 Elites in the last 3 years. I just can't get used to the long skinny grip they all have. I wish I could, as I would still own the ones I've had.

22-Jan-15
I know it's not sexy but new boots. Lighter weight for early season and heavy insulation for late season sits.

22-Jan-15
"I know it's not sexy but new boots"

They could be just depends on where you shop;)

22-Jan-15
"They could be just depends on where you shop"

Made me choke on my diet Coke. Thanks.

22-Jan-15
Brewcrew, consider the ladder stand, but improvise by removable wheels or an axel with wheels? My buddy mounted 16 inch tires on a 15 foot stand, and he loves it! Of course there needs to be some planning involved while walking trails, but he simply takes one of the four foot rungs out making it shorter. He puts his pack on the ladder and the section of ladder and bungies it to the ladder he's wheeling out to his spot. He modified a bar that acts like a yoke, and it travels very well honestly. Gets to his stand, takes a minute to remove the wheels, and the stand acts as a carrier if he shoots a deer.

22-Jan-15
Turkeyhunter, Boots are another thing I need. I just can't decide whether or not to get some light, extreme cold weather boots or try the boot blankets.

22-Jan-15
New stand straps for my hang-on tree stands. I have about everything I need other then that. Thinking I will just use ratchet straps or chains instead of purchasing the original strap that came with the stands. They are Rivers Edge stands.

22-Jan-15
I just bought 90 acres of hunting land and a cabin. I also bought 2 more hanging stands, 2 more sets of climbing sticks, and 2 more ladder stands. Gunna build a couple of gun tower blinds and platforms. Gotta buy a couple more trail cameras. It's been an expensive start to 2015 :).

22-Jan-15
Safety harness, one more deer cam, another ladderstand, and a tripod stand.

22-Jan-15

Rut nut you can always buy the full Elite grip!

22-Jan-15
Congrats happy. Drone and gopro to fly the corn rows.

22-Jan-15
"Rut nut you can always buy the full Elite grip!"

I tried a torqueless grip on my Answer, it helped but not as much as I thought it would. Maybe it wasn't the grip, could have been the high let off/valley. When I went back to a cable stop bow with lower let off I was more consistent again.

23-Jan-15
Probably won't be buying much this year. Odds and ends, but no big purchases planned. Maybe...just maybe a gun tower stand.

23-Jan-15
New cables and string for my Z-7. Not sure if they're really needed, but rather be safe than sorry. The red and yellow Vapor Trail stuff looks good on the bow. Glad I did it.

23-Jan-15
Not much this year. an HHA single pin and arrows. The wifes bow is getting reworked. New Strings and cables she wants the bow done in purple and pink hydrographic camo so I will be doing that too.

23-Jan-15

23-Jan-15

Apparently I am going to be buying some new arrows also.... Second day with the new Elite Synergy and I robinhood an arrow at 25yds. I better start aiming at different spots....But at least I got a t-shirt!

23-Jan-15
Cool shirt!

"Expensive shirt. Stop shooting at the same spot. I thought folks stopped doing this a decade or more ago."

Big surprise — Ron with a condescending comment.

23-Jan-15
They have a new one every year, you cannot buy them and they just got the new shirts yesterday. So I am the first one with this years shirt. Not like I am running around trying to break arrows all the time.

p.s. wearing the shirt with pride at work today shamelessly bragging about how good my new bow shoots...

23-Jan-15
Nice job TC, ignore the self-centered multiple personality who tried to derail the topic.

23-Jan-15
Back on topic

I am also looking at getting a new hang on and climbing sticks. I currently have a "stick ladder" and a heavier hang on that attaches with ratchet strap. Had a sketchy moment hanging that last year. I am thinking of a Lone Wolf with them having the hook strap and being light weight, seems a little easier.

23-Jan-15
This was my first year solo-filming my hunts and it was a blast...just when I didn't think bow hunting could get any better. Filming and sharing your hunts with others takes it to a whole new level. Plus it's awesome to be able to review the footage in slow motion on your camcorder immediately to see what kind of shot you're working with.

With all that said, I'm definitely going to be purchasing a GoPro Hero 4 Silver hopefully before turkey season so that I can capture second angle shots. Anybody know what the record is for most gear carried into the woods!? ;)

23-Jan-15
I would like to see if I can shoot a real bow again with fingers, 66" long and about 42#. I would need a longer bow so I can have a large sight window as I used to have a low anchor point. Shoulder seems to be a little better but I will be 74 by hunting season. STILL Just maybe

• Sitka Gear