Kurchak 15-Feb-15
Bowhuntinmike 09-Jun-15
Fuzzy 11-Jun-15
Fuzzy 11-Jun-15
elkstabber 23-Sep-15
Nrthernrebel 23-Sep-15
Dennis in Virginia 05-Oct-15
26-Jan-15
I just wanted to see how many of you all were shooting traditional gear on here. Any shoots around the area for trad or any clubs to shoot with people?

Scott

26-Jan-15
Trad only - no. I do play with a longbow and recurve keeping them as backup to my Hoyt Comound. Came in handy this year when I closed my case on the Hoyt and broke the peep sight off the string.

Fuzzy is a pure Trad guy, and S.C. Mercer mainly shoots trad.

I know that last year, both NORVA Archers (Fairfax) and the Manohaoc Bowmen (Spotsylvania) held trad only shoots.

26-Jan-15
I'm not on here a lot but do check in now and then. Gave all my compounds away 13-14 yrs ago. I prefer the simplicity of a recurve and wood arrows-but that's just me. As for shoots, I think Tidewater Bowhunters still have their shoots the first Sunday of each month.

26-Jan-15
Trad. gear user here. central VA. Only shoots I have been able to do were here, several Reinhart's and bag targets in my woods with stands set up too. Open invitation for any trad.shooter. With kids involved with sports EVERY weekend last 7 or 8 years, haven't been able to go to any. This year with my son in college, I will try to go again, like the old days....Yeah!

27-Jan-15
Tony , I shoot stick bows only but I am anything but "pure" ;)

01-Feb-15
I have four different "traditional gears", A horsebow, a recurve, a t-d hybrid longbow and a target bow..... and a takedown recurve on order ( overdrive :)

01-Feb-15

overbo's embedded Photo
overbo's embedded Photo
Traditional bow hunter for 20+ years now.

08-Feb-15
I started bowhunting in 1958BC (before compound). I fooled around with the compound for a while in the 70's and 80's. I have only hunted with a traditional bow since 1990. I only shoot wood arrows and have never shot a carbon arrow. Jack

15-Feb-15
Been pure trad since 83. Hunted all last year with an osage selfbow. I know of a trad shoot every Jun in Roanoke area. ETAR is the only shoot I attend lately. One in Baltimore coming up in MAY come to think of it....

09-Jun-15
Shortdraw, am new to this site but we have traditional shoots here at Ft. Lee (just south of Richmond). Just go to the Ft. Lee, VA web page and then check out MWR (Moral, Welfare, and Recreation) tab for the dates. I know we have one coming up on the 28th of August. Hope this helps. If not, PM me back and I can get the other dates for you. Shootem straight...Bowhuntinmike

11-Jun-15
so far as I know my son Nick has never even drawn a compound bow. I started bowhunting in 1975, went to compound in 1991 and back to stickbows in 1995 (or 96)

11-Jun-15
so far as I know my son Nick has never even drawn a compound bow. I started bowhunting in 1975, went to compound in 1991 and back to stickbows in 1995 (or 96)

23-Sep-15
Recurve shooter here for the last dozen or so years. So far I've taken whitetails, mule deer, elk, and buffalo. There are so many more to go...

23-Sep-15
I last shot a deer with a recurve in 1972. I'm going to try to do it again his year. Can't wait for the season to open!

05-Oct-15
look up Dixie Bowmen, located in Prince George County. we have a large number of traditional archers as members, and host a traditional only 3d shoot on the Saturday of our shoot weekends which start in Jan. and run thru Sept each year. You can find our website at www.dixiebowmen.org

• Sitka Gear