Dave G. 26-Jan-15
RC 27-Jan-15
horsethief51 27-Jan-15
George D. Stout 28-Jan-15
RC 28-Jan-15
roger 28-Jan-15
brettpsu 28-Jan-15
26-Jan-15
I was wondering if we as a group of hunters had to subsist on small game, how many of us would be eating regularly, how many would be losing weight at a slight rate, how many would look like they are on Jenny Craig, and how many would become "gatherers".

Down here in MD, there's a plethora (that means a boatload there RC)of squirrels and I can get pretty darn close, so I think I'd only be losing weight slightly, which is actually a good thing. The property I have in Indiana county has some grouse, but that's about the extent of that, so I'm afraid I quickly become a gatherer.

How about yunz?

Oh, and groundhogs count.

26-Jan-15
If your talking about living on squirrels that should not be a problem I almost have to beat the treerats off of me around here during bow season. Elusive little rodents they are. Not many Grouse around here anymore I do see some rabbits and lots of turkeys. Whistle pigs are also plenty full around here So I should be able to make it till I kill all the dumb ones, then I'm a gathering.

Mike

26-Jan-15
Is it ok to eat a beaver?

26-Jan-15
Phil!!......Right here, look up ^!

26-Jan-15
LMBO Roger!

26-Jan-15
All depends RC, some can have a strong "game" taste....

26-Jan-15
I see RC has already categorized himself as a gatherer. LOL!

BTW, Chris says yer grounded for a month. No shop, no basement...nothing but washing, drying, and putting away those dishes for you buddy!!!

27-Jan-15
I could cook them up with onion to mask the game taste.

27-Jan-15
We have plenty of big fox squirrels around here, but I'd have to expand my hunting range to live on them. My wife like eating them after she does them on the BBQ grille. Not many rabbits and squirrels are cyclical. (Think Roy will know what that means?) Although I've actually taken 2 grouse in my lifetime with a recurve, man you are asking a lot there. I missed the last one I shot at. Might be able to ice fish in the pond out back and try snaring some game.

Might have to steal some of the neighbor's chickens.

28-Jan-15
Probably could survive a while on hawks. ;)

28-Jan-15
Yup and they taste just like chicken...

28-Jan-15
Anyone know if there are any cougars in PA? Sure would like to hunt down a few of those....

28-Jan-15
Small game has decreased greatly here. I would probably lose a little weight.

• Sitka Gear