Turkeyhunter 23-Feb-15
Naz 24-Feb-15
10orbetter 24-Feb-15
Zinger 24-Feb-15
10orbetter 24-Feb-15
CaptMike 24-Feb-15
10orbetter 25-Feb-15
26-Jan-15
Not directly but I have a good friend who made some ,they turned out great and He is also a very good worker. He took a class ate mosquito hill in New London,He said He would never do it again,quite difficult.

27-Jan-15
Get Gil Gilpatrick's book ("Building Wooden Snowshoes & Snowshoe Furniture"). It has a wealth of information. We made Ojibwa-style shoes a few years ago and I love 'em. We did use synthetics for lacings though. The pointed front ends make it easier when encountering brush. Light and sturdy....be sure to make them a little oversize as it it better to have a shoe that is a little big than too small. Keeps you on top of the snow.

31-Jan-15
I got the same kit for Christmas three years ago.

31-Jan-15
Relax RC, I was yanking your chain. You need a little thicker skin. We are all very proud of you.

31-Jan-15
Very nice... Very good tool for critter hunting most years.

Keep making them snowshoes as it seems to be working as an anti-snow dance!

01-Feb-15
LMAO

01-Feb-15
Antler +1

01-Feb-15
http://snowshoe.com/index.cfm?pageid=323&rc_hidecontent=11&productid=SS1K#SS1K

Interesting... directions and everything... who knew?? 50 bucks ... plus 30 bucks for bindings.. hardly a bad deal!

01-Feb-15

Antler Whore's Link
Sorry here ya go.

01-Feb-15

Antler Whore's Link
Yet another.. complete kit knock yourself out.

01-Feb-15
"The kits look like all a guy has to do is lace."

Good observation RC. Made a pair just like that about five decades ago as a kid in scouts. If you can tie a pair of shoes that's all you need to know.

BSA rocks!

03-Feb-15
Mosquito Hill Nature Center east of New London has had a snowshoe making class for a number of years. Not sure if they had one this year.

03-Feb-15
I have an old set of snowshoes that belonged to my grandfather. They are very special to me. They seem very dry and need to be conditioned. What do you use?

04-Feb-15
Go Jakes, I would think Neetsfoot oil would work fine. Go to a Horse supply store and get a gallon.

14-Feb-15

lame crowndip's embedded Photo
lame crowndip's embedded Photo
We made these a few years ago. Frames are ash. I've always said that you need to be easily amused just to live here.

14-Feb-15
You got it (polyurethane). Nice and light and the pointed ends make it a breeze to go through brush.

15-Feb-15
What does this have to do with bowhunting?

15-Feb-15
RC, nice work on the lights. The white cord looks kinda Hokey though you should work on that

16-Feb-15
I think if you had an imprint of someone shooting a crossbow Zinger would like it.

Impressive work Ron! BC

16-Feb-15
Could you show the box you used to bend and steam.

16-Feb-15
You may well need more heat/steam when making sturdy shoes that an adult can use.

20-Feb-15

Naz 's Link
Some beginners take two full days to make a pair. This guy can do it in two hours.

21-Feb-15
When I mentioned that some beginners take two days, I was going direct from the link provided (two-day workshop), not criticizing you RC. It would take me two years. Don't have the patience!

In fact, I even agree with the businessman, that idea might take off if no one is doing that. Can you patent and/or sell the idea (if it hasn't already been done) and get it made in bulk? Those would actually do well, I'd guess, in Cabela's home furnishings catalog.

22-Feb-15
Just sub contract the work to China, everyone else does.

23-Feb-15

Turkeyhunter's Link
Read the symptoms and weep...

23-Feb-15

24-Feb-15
If you need any full moon photos over land or water, I've got plenty. Like the wolf but think it might be better as a total silhouette?

24-Feb-15
For a guy so talented with your hands and obvious flair for backwoods art, why are you compelled to lower yourself with incivility? Seriously that is some very cool stuff. The lights are awesome.

24-Feb-15
I agree the talent showed here is amazing. There must be a lot of people starting things with you as you've been kicked off of just about every site I've heard of and many of them you go under different names and you still get under their skin. Sometimes you need to look in the mirror to find the person to blame!

As for putting this in a place like Cabelas they would look at it, send it to China and have it made for $2.50 then sell it for $99.99. Plus unless you build a place to make them you could never keep up if they placed an order. Also you owuld have to front all the money for sometime as they like to make you wait and wait to get paid.

24-Feb-15
RC, I disagree with you politically most all of the time. Just because I do, doesn't make me the enemy, nor you mine. The point is, we don't have to ever agree on anything political. That is what this Republic is founded on. The stone casting goes both ways, I am no angel and neither are you or anybody else here. We can all disagree without the personal attacks. You are too talented to waste your breath and intellect on that crap.

It is a love of bow hunting, the outdoors and freedom that brings all of us together. With that much in common, energy spent on name calling, character assassination, and incivility is just stupid. Disagree all the time, no big deal but, leave the name calling out of it. What purpose does serve?

Seriously great looking stuff RC. Where did you learn all of this? Was it passed down?

24-Feb-15
Ron, some very nice work!

25-Feb-15
I'm about half way through your restoration project but, have to go meet with a client. Will pick up where I left off when I return. Amazing! Great that you had parents that shared their talents and encouraged you to find your talents.

• Sitka Gear