happygolucky 29-Jan-15
RJN 29-Jan-15
happygolucky 29-Jan-15
Antler Whore 29-Jan-15
Antler Whore 29-Jan-15
26-Jan-15

RutNut@work's Link

26-Jan-15
1) tipline2) end gun party hunting 3) raise fines by the inch like michigan. $15 k is a deterrent.

27-Jan-15

brewcrewmike's Link
If they want to deter people from committing these things then make them a felony and not a misdemeanor. A misdemeanor is nothing more than a slap on the wrist! Instead of fines that are simply reduced when these people appear in court, make a minimum and maximum fine based upon the number of laws broken. For example, if you poach one deer , that fine would hold a minimum penalty of $5,000. If that person has 10 deer taken illegally, make the penalty $50,000. Depending on the severity of the case, then I would also recommend jail time. 1st offense, 30 days mandatory, 2nd offense, 3-5 years.

I know this will never happen but the penalties that these people get are a joke. In general the judicial system is a complete joke. You appear in court and things are automatically reduced in most cases.

Wi DNR already has a tip line, see link. How bout end party hunting regardless of weapon choice? Does it matter if the animal is taken by gun, bow, crossbow?

27-Jan-15
I would like to see baiting carry a much higher penalty. I get sick of calling in all of the illegal corn piles. 1st offense=$3,000, second offense- no hunting for life would work.

27-Jan-15
Agree with Mike, Wisconsin already has this. You are free to turn in as many cheaters as you'd like. Be forewarned: the understaffed WDNR warden force already has tips on more cheats than it can possibly track.

I've been saying this for years, and some here have called me out on it. Good to see MDNR also recognizes this as a problem. It WILL get worse with loss of mandatory registration.

"“Everyone’s attempting to rebuild our deer herd,’’ Soring said the other day, “and still there are people who take over their limit, who borrow licenses from other people to kill more deer than they should, or who take deer out of season, at night with a spotlight.’’"

27-Jan-15
I've only ever had to call the tip line once. A warden called me back within a few hours and took care of the problem that same day. Of course, it wasn't during hunting season so he may not have had so much on his plate at the time.

And I firmly agree with those who would like to see stiffer penalties. Fining someone a couple hundred buck for a major violation is a joke. Some things should carry a mandatory loss of hunting and/or fishing privledges, even if only for a year or two.

27-Jan-15
As rc has proudly stated numerous times his baiting violation was a civil forfiture of a few hundted bucks which he laughed off. Trespassing is $269 and is also laughed off. Until fines/ license loss hurts violators will keep on laughing.

27-Jan-15
Increased fines is the way to go along with license revoked. along with published names in local newspapers.

We need to request/demand our elected officials to support and legislate stricter fines on fish game violations and if they don't support it,then what is their rationale for not.

27-Jan-15
Its a felony to sell any part of a black bear in ca. Due to gall bladder sales to asians. Cross state lines with a poached fish and game and you fall under the federal rico act. As rc once again laughs at the civil fine for illegal baiting.

27-Jan-15
Wait, what? His dad's still alive and H's has been "lost" for a long time. And one loves ozone machines, the other laughs at 'em. I'm so confused! (Not). LOL

27-Jan-15
SteveD,

I agree with publishing names in the local paper. Although, they are already on the internet forever via the WCCA site and violators still don't seem to care. I think adding a zero to the end of the current fine amounts and a mandatory loss of hunting/fishing privledges would be a good start.

Maybe the WDNR should start a violators database like states already do with sex offenders. People can log on an easily see what kind of slob hunters are in their area.

27-Jan-15
"Maybe the WDNR should start a violators database like states already do with sex offenders. People can log on an easily see what kind of slob hunters are in their area."

That would be a great idea. We could start it with a poster from this thread ;).

27-Jan-15
Happy +1.

Pouting? No. Laughing? Yes! Why this charade is allowed to continue is the real mystery. Then again, it's all in fun, and since I'm ignoring RC, it's nice that his identical (and I do mean identical) "twin" Howatt comes to play.

27-Jan-15
Wyoming judge just ruled on a case father son both shot

forkies and left them because they were in a 3-pt unit,

they were handed a $4,000 fine and loss of hunting for 24

years and that includes 42 other states.

Ouch! thats going leave a mark.

27-Jan-15
Yea , what Bigwoods said .

27-Jan-15
I like that they took his truck...LOL.. explain that one to da wife or the bank.... LOL

But here in WI our number 1 violation is baiting and feeding deer.... I say take the land just like they took his truck... this way Wardens can spend their time on public lands as nobody would violate the baiting rules if it meant auctioning off the land they were violating on... plus it would make land owners think twice about what kind of idiots they grant access or lease too..

Imagine the land auctions every spring from all the baiting violations...LOL... WOW...

But i am willing to bet idiots like some hear still couldn't follow the law...it's friggin Hunter Greed on steroids..

LMAO.... WI deer hunting = Poachers Circus

27-Jan-15
Statute NR10.07(2m)(e) "Use or hunt over bait or feed" is what they charge you with when they catch you hunting over an illegal bait pile.

Statute NR19.60(1) "Place Material-Feed/Attract Wild Animals" is what they charge you with for illegal feeding.

They're not the same.

27-Jan-15
JRW, he still wants everyone to believe he was feeding the deer and not baiting them while the corn was distributed by the new hunting condo he hunted from. It was baiting no matter how one slices it.

27-Jan-15
The trophy spiker that was dumped would beg to differ.

27-Jan-15
I've never hunted by feeding sites; those are strictly for wildlife viewing with eye or trail cam.

Placing food with intent to attract/hold deer to shoot = baiting 100 percent of the time.

27-Jan-15
Rc, certainly unknown to morals. You continue to thumb your nose to the citation. Do you realize how moronic that stance is?

28-Jan-15
If you placed feed for the purpose of attracting and holding deer in the area and hunted over it it was baiting. Surprised they let you keep an illegal kill though.

28-Jan-15
You are spot on FullDraw and it was placed right by the new hunting condo right before gun season where the poor little buck was shot. Feeding? LOL again at Ronny and his delusional definitions. Reminds me of Clinton and his definition of sex. To think that was anything but baiting is sort of strange (delusional) and a coverup ;)

28-Jan-15
Increased fine hurt the non-rich a lot more then the rest. It can also be considered a part of the cost of doing business by some. Repeated fines only demonstrate they are ineffective. Side effect of increasing fines can be lead to things like a single mom having to pay a huge fine because her child picked up some song bird feather. There needs to be ESCALATION. Double the fine each for each subsequent instance and eventually a slap on the wrist becomes, time to sell the car to stay out of jail.

28-Jan-15
DSM IV - Criteria for Antisocial Personality Disorder

Manifests three (or more) of the following:

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest.

2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure.

3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead.

4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults.

5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others.

6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations.

7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing

28-Jan-15
All you have to do is follow simple game laws have someone read them to you slowly so you understand them first.... then follow them... that way you don't have to waste the rest of your breath defending your poaching...LOL... Naaaaaa.. the I did nothing wrong approach is way to comical... Proceed ..

29-Jan-15
You were poaching regardless of what you want to call it.

29-Jan-15
I have a hard time sleeping at night, knowing that a fellow Bowsiter got a ticket three years ago. Oh the anguish!

Please, if anyone else on here got a ticket at some point in their life, break it to us slowly. The suddenness and trauma of another just might put some of us over the edge!

29-Jan-15
" I was baiting deer and got a citation for baiting deer but because the citation says baiting/feeding I have convinced myself it was feeding and tell everyone that although I know I am lying."

I corrected that for ya Howatt. You are welcome! Glad I could help.

29-Jan-15
Rc- You placed that corn by the stand to attract deer to that specific spot. The warden waited till opening day and after you shot your buck for a reason. Just fess up to baiting and its all good.

29-Jan-15
"Why no concern to my two speeding tickets? I could have killed somebody. I was a menace to society. I could have killed a deer, a kid, a busload of nuns on a fieldtrip from the little sisters of the poor. "

Because this is bowsite and the focus is on hunting. You were a violator while being the state liaison of the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association which makes your violation far more illogical and sad for all those in the organization who trusted you to be an ethical hunter representing them. You also bashed baiters and other violators all over the net including Archery Talk. Some of those comments were used against you in Durkin's article. I believe they are still on Archery Talk. That makes you very hypocritical. Then you lied about it over and over throwing your dad under the bus with a 2000 word diatribe before finally being called on that story in which you quickly removed it from the WWW. You continue to lie about your ticket and really think you got pinched for feeding like the nice old people do with corn in front of their window to watch the deer while you "baited" in order to bring in and hold deer to kill them. People who are accountable for their actions and admit their mistakes are quickly forgiven. Look at Ryan Braun. Those who continue to lie, get called on it.

Now carry on Howatt...

29-Jan-15
Yep... a Warden drove to the hunting parcel randomly... parked his truck at a random location and just happened to randomly stroll to the over sized cheese ball in the fancy stand where he just happened to find a pile of corn with your dead untagged spiker laying in it...LOL.. ... ya.... not poaching... just feeding ...OK...LOL

PLEASE ..by all means proceed with your defense...

29-Jan-15
I not defending a violation of the game laws... that would be you Deer... Almighty..

Zero defense for poaching... but you keep telling us there is... we all love it.

• Sitka Gear